“Very nice service during night time also”

Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #11 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Budapest, Hungary
“Very nice service during night time also”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been there with my husband for one night because of our anniversary and the service was wonderful, not to forget that it was a spontaneous idea to go there for a night!
The breakfast was amazing! Thank you for the memories!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nikolett S
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Nicinini,

Thank you for your kind words, regarding your stay. I will pass your compliments on to the night team! For us it is a must that guests recieve the same kind of service 24 hours of the day! You are welcome to drop by for your next anniversary, if you reserve ahead of time we will have a little surprise waiting for you!

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Reviewed May 6, 2013

When traveling I prefer not to spend all day in the hotel so I do not care about amenities such as spa, gym or hotel restaurant or bar but I do appreciate great service when I need it and I do want to be in contemporary environment rather than in "old money" look hotels like most of them are or try to be.

I have to say that hotel was redesigned recently and you can still feel the freshness. It looks absolutely amazing from outside and inside. Rooms are done with the taste as well. I couldn't understand what's a difference between Superior room and regular room since I didn't find explanation on the website so I opted for regular room and I was not disappointed.

Room had great contrast between dark grey and blood red with white accents on the walls, quite clever. All lightning was LED cool white which is fine by me but some might prefer warm white instead. Bathroom was top notch and quite funky if you take in account that the shower is separated only with one piece of glass from the rest of the bathroom, not even with a step which could be a problem if the drain is not clogged. If it is if you take longer showers water might get into other side of the bathroom but that is not the problem since room service is twice a day or upon your request.

Breakfast is well worth the money as well. Rich selection of oatmeal, oat milk, yogurt, honey, great selection of cheeses, cold cuts, close to ten different juices and my favorite part desserts like chocolate cake, chocolate croissants, muffins, etc all fresh made and not from some cheap store or bakery. High quality stuff and like I said well worth the money.

Service is outstanding, all the staff is very helpful and always for you when you need it. It's as good as when I stayed in Boscolo but for fraction of money.

Parking is located on the street behind the hotel and its a nice, spacious and safe garage. Parking itself is not cheap but if you are coming with the car its worth it since you have to go few blocks away to park for free on the side of the street.

But hands down the best thing about the hotel is the VALUE and what you get for your money.

PROS
- Best contemporary hotel for the money
- Outstanding service
- Rooms with the character, clean and allergy free

CONS
- Amenities inside the hotel if you require them, I don't

I will come back for sure!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear vladi013,

First of all let me thank you for the extensive review of your stay in Hotel Nemzeti. It was a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with all aspects of the service you recieved. A few words about the rooms, the difference between the superior and the classic is only in size. Our classic rooms are between 15-18 m2 while the superiors are 21m2. A little extra space for those who need it. In my opinion the classic rooms have ample space as well, for the needs of most travellers.
The food and beverage department is putting a great effort into making the breakfast a highlight to remember, it was with pleasure that I read their efforts are appreciated!

Thank you again for staying with us, hope to welcome you back in the future!

Regards,
Whittier, Alaska
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The room was amazing! the most comfortable bed I have found in Europe. If you have ever been to a W Hotel or starwood chain you will enjoy Nemzeti. The staff is amazing and helpful. Your on every major transit line in Budapest. The best breakfast buffet, i usually do not wake up in time for breakfast, but this one was absolutely worth it. Great design of hotel. we will return to take background pictures because of the gorgeous landscape of the building. We started with one night, stayed two and unfortunately the booking was sold out the 3rd. we had a street side room and it was quiet even with the May 1st partys going on outside. Check out the antique shop around the corner from burger king. Really cool!
Thanks nemzeti for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RobbTaylor777
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear RobTaylor777,

Yoa are welcome!! I am truly happy that you enjoyed your stay in Hotel Nemzeti so much, at the same time sorry that we were not able to extend your booking another night due to the sold out situation. I really hope that you will have a chance to return to Budapest and to our hotel and we will have a chance to welcome you again!
That antique shop you mention really is a place of treasures, I also recommend it to everyone.

Willebroek, Belgium
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed one night in this amazing hotel.
Great spacious room, lovely equiped with a view on Citadel of Budapest.
Breakfast was also very good as well as the service.
The only minus point is that you can't access hotel from the parking, but it's not far and hotel offers parking service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor member,

Thank you for your nice words on your stay at Hotel Nemzeti. I am glad you liked the view from the room, it is only from rooms on the 4th or 5th floor, streetside. If you would like to make sure you stay on those floors, please make sure to mention it at the time of the booking and we will do our best to assign one of those rooms!

Regards,
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I travelled a few times to Budapest but it was the first time I stayed in hotel Nemzeti, and I loved it. The hotel was just recently refurbished, I loved the authentic walls mixed with the modern design. The location is perfect just in the middle of the city, with easy public transport access. The team is really friendly and helpful, always ready to advise where to go, what to do. I took breakfast every day and I could tell they have everything on the buffet table, even champagne!
I enjoyed the stay and I am sure when I come back again I stay there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Pawl K,

Thank you for the kind words! I hope we will be able to provide the same level of service next time around! When you come again make sure to try one of the specialties off the Bar's Menu, like the Nemzeti Burger, with real Hungarian Grey Cattle meat.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Spent 3 nights here for a special 30th birthday celebration and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Lovely big beds, stylish decor and fittings, very helpful staff and amazing breakfast buffet. The location is also excellent if you want to stay in the Pest side of Budapest. Would definitely return.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank njhigham1979
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear njhigham1979,

First of all congratulations on the 30th birthday! Very good choice of you to have come and celebrate this special occasion with us, and I am especcially happy that we did not disappoint!
See you on your next visit!

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We booked a Classic Room for 3 nights for our city trip with friends.

We were warmly greeted by the staff upon check-in, and they were very willing to help and adress all our questions. Service remained very good during our entire stay - at the reception, housekeeping, and breakfast.

The room was perfectly clean and comfortable. The beds were amazingly comfortable. The room overlooked the inner courtyard, so it was very quiet at night and in the morning.

Breakfast had great selection of pastries, fruits, eggs... really enjoyable.

It is very appreciated to see the staff putting so much efforts into pleasing the guests...and it definitely worked for us. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Oeilahuise,

Thank you for your kind words on the staff of the hotel! I know everybody is trying very hard to make sure everybody's needs are met, and that they can show a little taste of Hungarian hospitality! It is very reassuring to see that our efforts are appreciated. Hope to see you back soon!