Very good placement: in a big plaza with shops and restaurants. The building is the strongest point 10/10, an old building renovated one somehow totally different with the neo/modernist style of rooms.
Rooms are not very large, but was clean, very well and newly furnished, also a LCD Tv with international programs there. WiFi connection is for free at good speed, you will receive the password from reception.
The bed and the lines were perfect. You have a worktable, a mini bar in the room and a water heater to prepare tea or instant coffee (you have three type of tee available, instant coffee and a sparkling water complimentary).
The bathroom is very nice furnished equipped with all necessary.
The hotel has no restaurant, then for dinner you need to go out from the hotel.
Breakfast is normal for a four stars hotel: good variety and quality for food.
Points to improve:
- the room heater (air conditioning)- I didn’t find the way to set on heating and for the highest speed is noisy
-I stayed in a room oriented to the tram station and is a little noisy because of traffic (for me was not a problem, but could be for others)
-parking is in the back of the hotel, in the space of Novotel, then you must travel with luggage the street (I understood that is the possibility to left the car in front of the hotel, discuss with reception and a people from staff will parking for you the car in the parking- but nobody told me even I call the reception before arriving to ask for parking). You must pay for parking around 15-20 Euro per day.
Staff are very friendly and customers oriented, available to offer any information any time.
Overall a positive experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centrally located Hotel Nemzeti Budapest Mgallery by Sofitel welcomes its guest from December 2012.Enjoy the artistic spirit of Budapest in this elegant 19th century building historically linked to the local cultural life. Near business district and major touristic attractions, the hotel offers memorable moments for its guests. Unique cultural and culinary experiences, contemporary designed rooms with every comfort of a 4 star upscale hotel including free internet access, coffee & tea facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Budapest Nemzeti Hotel Budapest
- Accor Budapest Nemzeti