“Top every time”

Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest
Ranked #23 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stay at the Kempinski everytime I go to Budapest which is about 4 to 5 times per year at least.This time I stayed with my family over the New Years Day holidays. This hotel is a Budapest classic. Location, service and quality are always at the top level. There is a renovation of the lobby going on currently but it did not lessen the stay in any way. This time I have to point out the concierge for helping me out. I decided to go to a shopping mall and wanted to take the subway. It was very difficult to buy subway tickets as all the machines in the main stattion were out of order!! There was a small ticket booth with a large queue of tourists waiting to purchase tickets. After 15 minutes in line and no almost no progress ( the clerk was unbelievably slow in managing to sell a ticket) i resigned and went to the hotel to get my car out of the garage.I mentioned my dissapointed to the concierge who was supposed to stamp my garage ticket, and he provided me with tickets that the hotel has on hand for guests as this is obviously a common problem in Budapest metro sistem. We crowned our stay with a dinner at Nobu which is located in the hotel. I will be back in Budapest soon and i am looking forward for a new stay at the kempinski.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Aleksandar G
KempinskiBudapest, Manager at Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear values Guest,
It was a pleasure to learn from your comments on TA that you had a "top" stay at our hotel this time too. Thank you very much for your words of appreciation on location, service and quality, they have been very well received. Also great to read that you valued the service of our concierge staff, who are all proud members of the Clef d'Or Ogranization. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Budapest and its Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest soon.
Your Kempinski BUdapest Team

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Good hotel, nice rooms, expected more from the decoration. Stuff was very polite and helpful. What I liked the best was fantastic breakfast. Everything what you ever wanted to eat you can find there. Another great thing is Nobu restaurant that is located in the hotel! Great japaneese food, much better than any hungarian restaurant! But that is a question of taste. Location is good for shoping but I prefere location facing the Danube river!! Spa too small and nothing special.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and helpful staff, comfortable rooms, great location - it 's next to Vaci utca (the main shopping street). The swimming pool is beautiful and clean, but a little bit small and busy for a spa hotel. The saunas are also av bit crowded. More suited for a city break than a spa holiday.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 29, 2013

What a fantastic hotel this was - my partner and I were blown away by the absolutely sensational service offered by every single staff member we encountered at this hotel. From the lady who took us up to our room, to the breakfast waiters and the concierge, every single one of them was a gem and couldn't do enough to make our stay pleasant.

The hotel is located in a great spot for walking tours of both Buda and Pest, the room was both quiet and very comfortable and the breakfast excellent. I can't say enough good things about this hotel, and we will most certainly be back.

Dear Valued Guest,
It was a pleasure to learn you truly enjoyed your stay at our "fantastic" hotel and particularly our central location to explore the city, the services provided by our staff , the rooms and the buffet breakfast. Please count on our all Clefs d'Or concierge team to assist you with further exploring beautiful Budapest upon your next stay in Budapest and its Kempinski.

Yours Truly,
The Kempinski Corvinus Team

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Would highly recommend, have stayed a number of times for business and pleasure. Ground floor lobby and breakfast area was under renovation when I last stayed in December but expect that work to be completed in the spring.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I guess with a conference centric hotel you don't quite get the feeling of absolute luxury that you might get for other hotels of the same price HOWEVER... this hotel was perfectly located for everything, the room (superior) was spacious and you can't flaw the staff. We didn't eat there, but we did use the spa which was disappointing. The pool was cold and I'm not entirely convinced that the sauna was switched on.

Room Tip: For the next 2/3 months try and get a floor higher up. They are doing renovations in the lobby, and...