Lowest prices for your stay
$88
eDreams$88
Trip.com$89
getaroom.com$110
4,064 results
All reviews great location recommend this hotel within walking distance breakfast buffet hotel is located reception staff comfortable hotel metro stop the river chain bridge the air conditioning city break visiting budapest beautiful city yogurt sights tickets
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2019

A very friendly hotel with excellent facilities, helpful staff and a brilliant location. We had made some special requests which were all dealt with and we also welcomed the direct booker benefits. We had a lovely quiet deluxe room and the best feather pillows in the world.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank northyorkshire55
Sara P, Front Office Manager at K+K Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2019

Dear northyorkshire55,

First of all let me thank you for staying at our K+K Hotel Opera during your visit in Budapest and for your valuable time taken to share your experiences.

I am glad that you liked our central location. I am happy that you were able to use our Hotel as a base for your city exploration.

I especially would like to thank you for highlighting the attentive hospitality and customer care of our staff. As you experienced it yourself every member of our staff is making it their personal goal to attend to the needs of every guest in the hotel every single day. We drive towards make everybody's stay as memorable as we can.

We truly hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you soon again!

Reviewed August 19, 2019

We stayed for three nights at the end of a river cruise. I can understand some of the negative reviews because the decor is a bit dated and may not be to everyone's taste, but that's rather subjective. We thought that the hotel was clean and generally well maintained. The reception area, bar and breakfast room, were comfortable and pleasant and we had two excellent meals in the Bistro. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the service is good. The hotel is tucked away behind the opera and just a block away from the main road and metro, but it is remarkably quiet and we had a good night's sleep. The only reason we have not given 5 is because the aircon struggled to keep the room cool in the hot weather.

2  Thank Tamw0rth2
Sara P, Front Office Manager at K+K Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Dear Tamw0rth2,

I especially would like to thank you for highlighting the attentive hospitality and customer care of our staff. As you experienced it yourself every member of our staff is making it their personal goal to attend to the needs of every guest in the hotel every single day. We drive to make everybody's stay as memorable as we can.

Regarding the design of the hotel, let me kindly inform you, that we have a standard room size in our classic rooms, but we have executive rooms and suits, these are bigger and different than classic rooms. And we have newly renovated deluxe category rooms too.

Regarding the AC I would like to inform you, that we will investigate the situation with our maintenance team.

We hope that by the next time you visit us, you will see just how hard we work to make every guest's stay as memorable as we can.

Reviewed August 14, 2019 via mobile

Best location for Budapest City Center that is the middle of the all visiting areas and closed to Danube (Duna) river, Budapest eye and historic chain bridge. Hotel location is back of the Budapest Opera and easily arriving from Opera metro station. 4 star hotel in 5 star quality and 3 star price.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tanjukars
Sara P, Front Office Manager at K+K Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2019

Dear Tanjukars,

I can not be grateful enough for the opportunity to read such kind words like yours; let me thank you for your very positive comment posted on TripAdvisor about your stay at our K+K Hotel Opera.

It was a real pleasure to read how much you enjoyed our outstanding location and how much you love our beautiful city. We are truly proud of our central location, as you pointed it out we are located in the middle of the city center so nearly everything is within walking distance. Our guests can easily discover Budapest and use our hotel as a base of their sightseeing tour.

I was really happy to read your detailed excellent comment. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the not so distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights here at the end of a river cruise. The hotel is in a great location and the communal areas downstairs are good, as was the breakfast. Our room however was such a disappointment and nowhere near what we would expect for a 4* hotel. The room was very tired and in need of a complete refurb. The lighting was dingy and the brown wood everywhere was very reminiscent of the 70s. There was a hole bashed into the plaster from the door. The door didn’t fit properly and rattled every time another door was opened, so much so we had to put some of our travel documents in between the door and the frame so that it didn’t keep us awake at night. The seal on the glass door on the bath was worn out so when you had a shower, water ended up all over the bathroom floor. We did complain to reception, the girl didn’t really seem interested but said she’d send somebody to have a look. Unsurprisingly we didn’t see anybody or hear anything more. If you are booking a cruise with an extension, check the hotel carefully to avoid a disappointing end to your trip.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Z2748BPsarahh
Sara P, Front Office Manager at K+K Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2019

Dear Z2748BPsarahh,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay with us.

I was happy to read that you liked our central location, I hope you could discover our beautiful city easily even by walk and that you had the possibility to visit all the main attractions. Thank you very much for highlighting the communal areas along with the reach buffet breakafst.

On the other hand, I was really sad to read all the critics in your comment. I do regret that the room did not meet your expectations, and I am really sorry that we were not able to assist you. In order to be able to investigate the situation, I would like to kindly ask you to help me with your room number as well as the date of your stay.
The negative feedback is always a possibility for further improvements, therefore I would be delighted to discuss this matter with you in further detail.

I do hope that you still have the confidence in K+K Hotel Opera and we will have the chance to welcome you again and earn a top rating from you next time. Please be assured that you will be welcomed here at any time!

Best regards,

Reviewed August 8, 2019

The hotel is located in an excelent place near the Opera. Service excelent.Breakfast Very good,The room was large and well organized. the only drawback was the air condition which did not cool too well.

Room tip: Ask for queit room not facing the street
2  Thank Israel Z
Sara P, Front Office Manager at K+K Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2019

Dear Israel Z,

I am extremely happy to see that you were satisfied with our breakfast. We are proud to provide a big variety of buffet breakfast with all sorts of selections including sweets as well as various types of breads, strudels, jams, cereals, fresh fruits & vegetables, hot dishes, and more over that we do offer various diary items upon request (gluten & lactose free items) without extra cost.

Moreover we thank you for your wonderful comments on service which of course have been shared with the entire team. It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.

We truly hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you soon again!