“Downtown HQ for city programs”
Review of K+K Hotel Opera

K+K Hotel Opera
Ranked #37 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Vienna, Austria
“Downtown HQ for city programs”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was our second stay at K+K. If you would like to enjoy Budapest's cultural activities it is one of the best places. We stayed in the back wing, the hotel room was normal size, clean, with a bit of the K+K (KuK) flair.

(If you wonder what this means, and why my nick name resembles the name of the hotel, just google for "Kaiserlich und Königlich" or "Imperial and Royal" in English. This was the regime when Central Europe was on the top, and was one of the great powers. So, people are nostalgic in our region regarding these times. Lot of them have mixed origin if we speak on the terms of the post WW I countries, and KuK defines best their cultural affiliation.)

Hope, I wasn't a bore for you, but when one puts the name K+K for a Central European hotel chain, has in mind this kind of imperial and royal flair. And K+K Opera is up to these expectations. I am sure that the middle class people of that age would feel good in it. But don't be afraid, you will have all the amenities of our times!

Some points:
-Kettle in the room with coffee and tee bags,
-free WiFi
-breakfast OK
-helpful staff

We will return!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank KuK_Traveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Stayed there twice, perfect location great service and food. The rooms are on the small side but still pretty nice, the bathroom was spotless. Not much to say other than it was pretty good. I found on my second trip that one of the buildings had nicer rooms than the other. One building is accessible by elevator right next to the front desk and the other one requires a walk to the back passing by the restaurant. The building on the back was the one with renovated rooms and pretty nice decor, the other building was not too bad but the rooms were not looking as good. Anyways, pretty decent hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 'back' building, not the one that has the elavator right next to the lobby...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Manoel G
Stockholm
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Hotel was good. Very good location. Walking distance to city center (maybe 10-20 min), super close to the opera subway station and only short walk to a good restaurant and bar district. We got a really good price. Although breakfast was then not included. Paying breakfast separate was very expensive compairing to food prices generally in Budapest so we didn't eat there any of the days. But it was easy to find nice restaurants outside the hotel. It is a lovely town. I definitely recommend everybody to go there!
Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was small but clean and nice. A big drawback for me was the lack of double bed in our double bed room. We got 2 beds pulled together. That is not the same thing. And not good enough for a romantic weekend, specially not when you are used to a proper double bed at home.
In total it is a good value for money hotel but nothing super special. I would give it a 3.5 if possible on tripadvisor.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TwoSweds
KKHotelOpera, General Manager at K+K Hotel Opera, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for posting your review, we are happy you liked our hotel.
I am sorry you have not mentioned your request of bed type on the spot as we could have offered you a room with king bed. (double bed in this part of Europe usually means two 90cm wide beds pushed together, a king bed is the large bed with one mattress) There is a welcome letter in our rooms where among other information we are offering different type of bedding solutions to our guest so everyone can have a sound sleep just like in their own bed. We encourage all our guests to inform us of their special wishes concerning our services so we can act promptly to fullfil all requirements.
We hope you will soon return to our hotel and we can prove our readiness to meet your expectations.
Andrea Kopócsy
GM
Sandy Hook
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

I recently spent 8 nights at the KK Hotel on business. Overall, I was very pleased with the accommodations. The hotel was clean, the staff were helpful and friendly, and the included traditional European breakfast was good. Situated within a stones throw of the Opera House, the location was great. During my stay, only once did I use public transportation - and I visited most of the popular tourist spots within the center city (I had a little help as one day I did a bicycle tour and another I did a Segway tour). Besides that, I did a lot of walking.

The hotel offers free wireless Internet access throughout the building.

Most of the rooms face a small courtyard so there is no view to speak of. Also the tv was very small (but in such a great city with an abundance of squares, cafes, etc... why spend your time watching tv?). My biggest complaint was the exercise equipment. Though the exercise area was nicely decorated and offered saunas, etc..., the equipment itself was consumer grade and not adequate for heavy use.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel and will stay again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank EPB65
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed at the K&K in late May for 3 nights and were very pleased. It is close to the Opera and to the Opera Metro stop. The hotel is modern, our room and bathroom were large (great shower), very clean, cool and quiet. The staff was very professional and helpful. It is close to good shopping and restaurants (right off of Andrassy Avenue). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LoveToTravelInPA
London
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was staying on my own for the evening on a (very) brief sightseeing trip and to go to the opera. The hotel is in a brilliant location and I can not find any faults. The lady on the front desk was extremely kind and helpful, as well as the very handsome porter! When I checked in, I asked to use an iron and ironing board. As I was opening the door to my room, the same very handsome porter was bringing the iron down the corridor. I have no idea how he managed to get to the room almost before I did! The twin room was bigger than I expected and extremely clean. I had a great night's sleep.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank CulturalT0urist
APO
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Clean lobby, hallways, rooms, and breakfast area.

Rooms overlooking the courtyard are nice and quiet, but in the warmer months, there is little air circulation even with the air conditioner on full.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are nice and quiet, but in the warmer months, there is little air ci...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends