“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #101 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Seattle
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good Location, nice rooms, friendly and very helpfull staff. The breakfast could use some improvements though. It is the same every day and it gets boring after after a while. Very spacious rooms. It is just a walking distance to the Heroes Square and the thermal bath. The hotel staff were very respectful and courteous. Overall we enjoyed our stay in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Balazs K, General Manager at ibis Budapest Heroes Square, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Madame/Sir,

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at ibis Budapest Heroes Square in Hungary. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Balazs Kormany

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Scottsdale AZ
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Location,location, location! It's your jumping off point for a visit to Hungary and Budapest less than 5min walk to Heroes Square. This is the place where you can see Hungary's history at a glance. Please, please get a guide from the Front Desk. Unless you're fluent in Hungarian or German you'll be at a great disadvantage.

Yes, by all means ask for a superior room and ask for a quiet one at that.The food is great for breakfast but for lunch and dinner grab the subway only a few steps away on the Andrassy ut.head five stops downtown and there are a plethora of restaurants, great suggestions again from the Front Desk.

Hungary is a great country with a rich history, culture, food and beautiful women, not necessarily in that order. Get a guide/driver and have a blast. Once you've seen the main sights in Budapest day trips to Visegrad, Esztergom, Eger, and for a fortnight add Szekesfehervar, Veszprem, Herend, Ajka, Lake Balaton (Tihany, Keszthely), Pecs, Szigetvar, Mohacs and Szeged. This constitutes a loop that will blow you away in beauty, history great food, wine and fill you with a love of all things Hungarian.

The Ibis Heroes Square is the place to start your Hungarian adventure..

Room Tip: A superior and Quiet room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Dave514
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Budapest Heroes Square in Hungary.

Kind regards, Balazs Kormany
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We have just returned from our weekend trip to Budapest. We stayed at Ibis Heroes Square and I have to admit that we were not at all disappointed with our choice! We booked a superior room and asked for a quiet one (given the previous reviews :) ) + parking space for our car (12 eur/day). Both our requests were treated with respect and promptly answered. The room was spacious, very clean, with one comfortable large bed,TV and free WiFi connection. The bathroom was also extremely clean, had also a hairdryer, clean towels... I couldn`t raise any objection concerning the accommodation. Breakfast is served from 7 to 11; there are 3 varieties of jam, ham, salami, omelet, yogurt and milk with cornflakes/muesli, salads, fruit compotes, etc. You can also have tee, milk, coffee, or juice with it. The staff is polite and helpful - ask for a city map and directions and they will give you the best tips possible. The hotel is conveniently located: a few steps from the closest metro station "Heroes Square", 3 min. distance from the famous Heroes Square and just across the zoo. The city center is only about 5 metro stops away. I would definitely recommend this hotel, however I must also raise attention about the thin walls (we occasionally heard the conversations of our neighbors) and the noisy street (the windows are soundproof but once you opened them, it could get a bit too noisy).

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Balazs K, General Manager at ibis Budapest Heroes Square, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Madame,

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Budapest Heroes Square. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Balázs Kormány
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed here as part of Gate1 package to Budapest & Prague. Hotel was clean & modern with minimalist design. Free wi-fi and breakfast are also included. Only complaints about the room are: A:the beds are on poles and roll around easily and they provide the smallest pillows ever B: open design shower gets water all over the floor
Location is convenient to Heroes Square and metro, downside is this part of town closes very early and had to walk many blocks to find late night (after 9p) restaurants/bars.I woke up very thirsty one night but hotel does not have ice or vending machine and I could not find any convenient stores nearby
Front desk staff are knowledgeable and speak good English but service and selection at restaurant are average at best
overall I have no complaints about this hotel but I learned to flag cab yourself and do not have hotel call for you unless you want to pay above what the meter would cost you

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at ibis Budapest Heroes Square in Hungary.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about our hotel, which we have since addressed.

Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed March 31, 2012

The room was spacious and quiet, but overall impression of the hotel didn't meet my expectations, based on its reviews here and overall rating.

I hate to make noise about things I can manage myself, and normally I don't spend much time in the room anyway, but some points obviously need improvement. Don't know, if it was my misfortune, or it's the same everywhere in the property, just comparing to other same grade hotels, including Ibis chain.

My major concern is cleanliness. When I just arrived, the bathroom wasn't clean - in the evening I "discovered" a couple of long hair in the shower, obviously not mine, cause I haven't used it yet. On the last day, when I came to my room in the evening, there was a strong smell, which I defined as a smell of cleaning liquid (?). Fortunately, the windows are possible to open and I got rid of the smell quite quickly, but it wasn't supposed to be there at all, I assume. Never happened to me at Ibis hotels before, normally the cleanliness is on good level.

Breakfast quality needs some improvements in terms of products and in terms of tableware. 3* hotel, as it is positioned, has to keep an eye on old cups and plates and change them in time...

Also, the room had poor sound isolation - I was able to hear my neighbours and their TV, almost as if we were in the same room. It has nothing to do with hotel administration, just for the information of those concerned about silence. There was absolutely no noise from the street, meanwhile, the windows really are soundproof.

Positive sides:
I used a package rate, so the price was very good.
Check-in and check-out were quick. Spacious room. The staff is nice and helpful, and the location is good with some of city sights nearby. It takes 5min walk to the metro and 4 or 5 stations trip to get to the historical center of the city. Other public transportation is available too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear Madame,

I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at ibis Budapest Heroes Square. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Feel free to call me on +36 30 456 43 19 or email me on balazs.kormany@accor.com to discuss this further.

Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This hotel far exceeded our expectations. The room was spacious, quiet, clean, and comfy. A good variety of hot and cold selections were offered at the breakfast bar. And the location was outstanding! The hotel is conveniently located about a block from the city park (with fine opportunities for people watching), from the metro, from Heroes Square, and from the Hop-On-Hop-Off tour buses. It's in an upscale neighborhood, with many embassies, and we felt safe walking there at night. Wifi was readily available as well as computers in the business room. Some excellent restaurants were close by. We could not have been more pleased with this hotel.

Room Tip: We recommend arriving at the breakfast bar on the early side. We noticed that the food wasn't as...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Madame or Sir,

Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at ibis Budapest Heroes Square in Hungary and I hope to see you on your next trip.