“Excellent service again”
Review of Hilton Budapest

Hilton Budapest
Ranked #15 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I returned to the Hilton again this week since my first experience was so positive. I was not disappointed. The overall hotel and the rooms nice but the location and the staff are super. I was on the executive floor and I can not say enough about how good the staff is at their jobs! Everybody in the Executive Lounge was great.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Budapest

Reviewed September 24, 2010

I was lucky enough to stay at this hotel with my husband during the celebration of my bday (50th!) and my wedding anniversary. I had contacted Emoke, the Guest Relations Mgr, in advance to let her know how special this visit was and boy, did she make it even more special. We not only recieved a wonderful Exec room (I am a Gold member) but also had the BEST chocolate cake ever ( and I am a choco-addict so I know great cake!) delivered to my room on my bday but also a bottle of champagne! It was terrific - but what is so extra special is that this type of service was what I saw daily, for everyone! the concerige staff is spectacular! Petra and Tibor were incredible - they both made us feel so at home (if I lived like a queen everyday!) and were always friendly, smiling and most helpful. The warmth and positive can-do attitude of the staff was evidenced everywhere. On the morning of leaving we had arranged with FOX Transport to get a taxi to the airport at 4:30 am - well they never showed (DONT USE THEM!! They just said the driver overslept so get another taxi!!!) but the Hilton Front Desk Mgr was so helpful and arranged to have another taxi take us to the airport for the same price. Again, extra customer service given with a smile - I cant say enough how wonderful this place is - it will make you feel very special and lovely - Please go give them a try!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We have recently returned from nearly three months touring various European cities. Budapest was the most delightful surprise of all the cities we visited and the Budapest Hilton stands out as one of the top hotels of the entire trip! When planning the trip I read the reviews of a number of the top Budapest hotels on Trip Advisor and was very impressed with the responses to the reviews of the Budapest Hilton written by the hotel's General Manager, Zoltan Arvai. I am Hilton HHonors Diamond and wrote Mr. Arvai that the reason we were making this European trip was to celebrate our 34th wedding anniversary. He responded immediately that everything possible would be done for us - and it was! When we arrived we were given a beautiful room (#376) on the Executive Floor with the most INCREDIBLE VIEW of the Danube River and the Parliament Building. The Executive Lounge was one of the best I have enjoyed in any hotel anywhere, the hostess/concierge was delightful and the service throughout the hotel was exemplary! We could have eaten breakfast in the Executive Lounge but the (included) breakfast buffet in the dining room was so good that we ate there every morning. Also enjoyed a couple of lunches and two delicious dinners in the dining room which has large windows looking out on the Castle, the Danube and the Parliament buildings in Pest. The hotel is in a wonderful location, taxis are easily available and relatively inexpensive. In summary, I am surprised that the Budapest Hilton is not rated #1 on Trip Advisor because it is that outstanding a hotel, one we hope to return to some day!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Stunning views from the hotel and very convenient for sightseeing trips. Friendly and efficient staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I stayed in this hotel because it was the venue of a work meeting, payed for the room through otels.com, U$100 per night single occupancy with breakfast.
Budapest is a beatiful city, divided by the Danube river. This hotel is located in the Buda part of town, next to Buda Castle and Mathias Church. The location was good, and you could get public trasnportation to the Pest side of the city.
The hotel was a renovation of an old building. The room was clean, with a confortable bathroom. Breakfast was good. 30 minutes of internet for U$6.
Nice stay, recomendable.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2010

Dear Guest, From the entire team thank you for your review about our hotel, the amenities, and the service. I am delighted that your stay with us was a memorable experience and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Z. Árvai GM

Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed for 6 days at the Hilton and can't say enough good things. We had a beautiful room overlooking the Danube and the Pest side of the city. The staff was extremely helpful giving us dinning recommendations and site seeing tips. The hotel had an outstanding breakfast each morning. As a member of the Hilton HHonors club we were upgraded to the executive floor which had some very nice perks. The staff arranged several tours for us as well as transportation from the airport on our arrival to the train station on our departure. The Castle district is amazing. Small enough to wander around in without fear of getting lost but big enough to provide good dinning and some nice cafes. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Budapest.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, From the entire team thank you for the many wonderful comments about our hotel, the enthusiastic personnel, the site and the service. I am glad you were so impressed by the charm of Buda Castle District and your vacation was a delightful experience. Again, thank you so much for staying with us and highlight the advantages of the unique location of the Hilton Budapest. Best regards, Z. Arvai GM

Reviewed September 7, 2010

Wow - what a view, and what an excellent location.
Room - twin guestroom plus. Reasonable standard, with minibar, ironing board, TV, nice bathroom, etc.
View - the room looked out over the ramparts of the fishermans bastion, with the Pest side of the city stretching out into the distance. Could not have had a better view.
Location - 1 min walk to the cathedral, 5 mins to funicular and to the palace. Excellent views all the way. Buda castle area great historical buildings,
Food - good buffet breakfast. Meal in hotel OK, but not memorable. Not as many places to eat as in Pest part of city, but enough for a long weekend and very good quality - restaurant across the road from the Hilton was great.
SIghts - Easy to walk down to Danube and across bridges, if you are reasonable fit. If you dont like heights, crossing the bridges can be a little daunting. Opera house well worth a visit, also parliament spectacular gothic building on banks of danube (modelled after UK houses of parliament). Heroes square is a loong walk - rec get underground or taxi (and while monuments are great, park round it is a little tired - lots of building work in Aug 2010. Lots to do and see over a long weekend - definitely worth a trip! (but go to Prague before Budapest - its even better)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for the positive feedback about our hotel, the marvelous view to the remarkable sights of Budapest. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with the comfort of your room and our restaurant services. I sincerely hope we may have the pleasure once again to welcome you back to the Hilton Budapest. Bert regards, Z. Árvai GM