“Best view in Buda!”

Ranked #19 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Roma
“Best view in Buda!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Hilton Budapest offers the best view on Pest ever. The hotel is in a very good position for who loves the history and the ancient palace. Rooms are very spacius and sa like any other Hilton I've been they are very friendly and helpfull. On the map can seems that is difficult from that Hilton to reach Pest with nightlife but, taxis are very cheap and during the day there is a bus that you can use to move from the top of the hill to the bottom (and viceversa). The only thing that I didn't like was that the casino and also the restaurant on the roof are now closed.

Room Tip: Ask for a City view room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks very much for your feedback. We are glad that in general you were happy with your experience with us.

We are sorry to hear that you felt let down because of the lack of any casinos in the hotel, however, we would really like to take the opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Budapest. Please contact us and we will make sure that you are looked after.

Best regards,

Zoltán Árvai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,042)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Budapest with a two night reservation at this hotel. When I emailed ahead asking for arrangements to be met at the airport, I was also offered a chance to upgrade to the exec floor and boy am I glad I did! We had a perfect view over Fisherman's Bastion of the Parliament ... And unfortunately the flood. This was completely worth the cost. Our king bed was a Real King bed rather than a split double so popular in Europe. The lounge downstairs was comfortable. The Exec Lounge on the 3rd floor offered exemplary service most of the day. And, Ikon, the restaurant provided a high end experience. Most people here speak great English and have great smiles and attitudes. I would stay here again and again. Thanks to Viking River Cruises for pointing us here!

1 Thank DLemon
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am most pleased to hear that you have found your room comfortabe and our location unique.
It is good to know that in spite of the vis major caused by the unfortunate flooding in Central Europe your vacation turned out to be a terrific experience.
I have shared your praising with our Executive Club Lounge personnel, and I must tell you that our team was very happy to have been mantioned by name in your fantastic feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My mother and I stayed at the Executive Floor of the Hilton Budapest for a week in early May, and would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel for a stay in Budapest. You can't beat the location in the gorgeous historic Castle District next to the Mathias Church and the Fisherman's Bastion, far from the hustle and bustle of Pest. Yet it is an easy commute to downtown on the Pest side by regular bus so you don't feel isolated.
The hotel's decor is a bit dated but very well kept and I find it charmingly old fashioned. We stayed in a loft suite which was large, lovely and very comfortable. We didn't have "the view" (of the Danube and the Parliament) which may be worth it if is your first time in Budapest, but you can enjoy it from the lounge. Which was one of the best parts of the stay and well worth the cost.
There is a nice breakfast spread, coffee and snacks in the afternoon and a great evening service of hot and cold dishes with a good selection of wines and spirits. The service throughout the hotel was outstanding but I want to especially mention the great staff in the lounge. The young ladies at the concierge were all very helpful and professional, and one of the waiters, Tibor was one of the best waiters I have ever had the pleasure of encountering. Polite, friendly and very attentive, he made us truly welcome, the Hilton is lucky to have such great staff.
Bottom line, there are flashier and newer hotels in Budapest, but this is where we will be staying next time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you have had such a pleasant stay with us. I am glad that you have been able to experience the level of service and customer care that we pride ourselves on providing to our valued guests. Thank you for your great feedback regarding the professional attitude of our Executieve Club Lounge team, the comfort of your room just as well the stunning view of the city from our hotel.

Going forward, when you plan a return visit to us at the Hilton Budapest, please do contact us either at reservations.budapest@hilton.com, or you can reach me directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Melbourne
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. I have to say that we were there courtesy of Viking Tours because our river cruise between Amsterdam and Budapest became a bus and hotel tour due to the flooding on the Rhine and Danube so I did not pay for our stay.

The hotel is located on Castle Hill on the Buda side of the Danube and is built on the remnants of a 12th century monastery that fell into disrepair over time. Parts of the old structures were integrated into the design of the new hotel so it's quite an amazing building.

The area is quiet at night but the view from the hill is one of the main tourist attractions of Budapest so there are plenty of people around during the day.

From our fourth floor room we had what can only be described as a spectacular view overlooking the Danube to the Pest side of the river more or less opposite the Parliament Building. The room itself was large and well furnished with all the trappings you would expect from a Hilton. My only complaint is that the room was very warm and the air conditioning was not very effective.

Breakfast was up to normal Hilton standards with the addition of quite a few Hungarian extras.

Wi-Fi was available in the room at a reasonable charge but free in the lobby area.

All the staff that we encountered were friendly and efficient.

If you are visiting Budapest and want to have the best view in the city then this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room with a view over the Danube.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NSMKMelbourne
Dear Guest,

It is an honour to read your valuable review, I am really grateful for your stay and time taken to share your feedback with Tripadvisor Community.

I am very glad to hear that in spite of the unfortunate flooding in Central Europe you had such and enjoyable stay with us. It is good to learn that you were so impressed by our unique architecture just as well Buda Castle District, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
You are certainly right, this is the place to be to enjoy matchless panoramic views and outstanding historic attractions in Budapest.

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback regarding the air-conditioning. During our regular maintainance we will make sure to check the system in every guest room.

Thank you very much again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Punta Gorda, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Though not luxurious, nevertheless a really pleasant place to stay. Everything was very clean and the staff was extremely accommodating. Hilton is one of the chains I look for when traveling in the US and I was not surprised to find the same excellent quality and cleanliness here in Budapest. Also, very important, the location not only was great but very convenient to just about everything. We stayed only overnight because we had a river cruise scheduled to start the next day but would have been entirely satisfied to stay longer if it were necessary. I highly recommend the Hilton in Budapest.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

I am very glad to hear that in spite of the unfortunate flooding in Central Europe you had such and enjoyable stay with us. It is good to learn that you were so pleased with the cleanliness of our property just like the professional attitude of our personnel. Exactly, this is the level of service we strive ourselves to provide to our valued custormers.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Recently two delightful nights after our river cruise was cut short due to the fooding Danube.

The room was spacious, well equipped, comfortable and quiet.

Breakfasts were ample.

The only downside would be that WiFi was a charge and not complimentary although one could go to the main floor to get courtesy access.

Thank you Hilton.

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to read that you have had an enjoyable stay here with us at the Hilton Budapest. I am so pleased that in spite of the vis major caused by Mother Nature modifiying your travel purpose you had such a memorable time with us.
I kindly inform you that wi-fi is provided complimentary in all public areas of the hotel including the Executive floor rooms and our Club Lounge.

Thank you again for your valuable review and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Spring, TX
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We were forced to cancel our river cruise due to the flooding in Central Europe. While we were disappointed, our "room with a view" made up for it. Incredible breakfast, impeccable service, quiet nights. We plan to stay here again!

Dear Guest,

I am very happy to read that you have had an enjoyable stay here with us at the Hilton Budapest. I am so pleased that in spite of the vis major caused by Mother Nature you had such a memorable time with us.
Thank you again for your valuable review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.