“Fantastic hotel in a great location, excellent customer service”
Review of Hilton Budapest

Hilton Budapest
Ranked #20 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Glen Iris
“Fantastic hotel in a great location, excellent customer service”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Attention to detail is outstanding in all aspects from the checking in/out processes, transport advice up to the detail of the time required to reach the train station for our trip to Vienna. Overall 10 out of 10.

• Stayed April 2013
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that you have had such a nice stay with us. I am very happy that you have been able to experience the level of service and care that we pride ourselves on providing to our guests.

Going forward, when you plan a return visit to us at the Hilton Budapest, please do contact us either at reservations.budapest@hilton.com, or you can reach me directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Zoltán Árvai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,070)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
York England
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Castle District from 24 April 2013. The city is marvellous and the hotel also. It cannot be faulted. The breakfasts were incredible. The staff were brilliant especially Eva and Balazs Andronyi the chief concierge. Thank you for a great time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I am very pleased that you spent an unforgettable week with us here at the Hilton Budapest, and that your experience was overall such a positive one.
I have shared your praising with our Concierge personnel, and I must tell you that our team was very happy to have been mantioned by name in your fantastic feedback. I am most pleased to hear that you have found our services and our location unique.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in a club level room, and can say we had the most wonderful warm service from the staff (who all spoke flawless English) and assistance whenever we asked.

The hotel is in the Castle district, in many ways a little out of the way of some of the main parts on the Pest side of Budapest, but there was a convenient and cheap local bus which would take us up and down the hill whenever we needed. In exchange, it was magical to stay right next to Matthias Church and amongst the old buildings of the castle district. The view across the Danube to the Houses of Parliament was pretty great too!

The staff were knowledgeable and helped us with restaurant bookings, car service when we needed to get to the airport, and directions to the various attractions.

Rooms were spacious, comfy and great toiletries provided (always a must for me). Only negative is that a pair of slippers would have been nice.

All in all, a wonderful hotel.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I am very pleased that you have felt like a princess with us here at the Hilton Budapest, and that your experience was overall such a positive one.
I have shared your praising with our Executive Club Lounge personnel, and I must tell you that our team was very happy to have been mantioned by name in your fantastic feedback. I am most pleased to hear that you have found your room comfortabe and our location unique.

When you plan to return to have a return visit to us, please do contact reservations.budapest@hilton.com.

Seattle
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Love this hotel, and after several stays it still holds up to expectations, for both business travel and holidays. The staff is exceptional, and even went out of their way to change a pre-paid/non-changeable reservation date for me when a family emergency delayed my last trip, which was a complete surprise (and relief) to me, and must have been a hassle for them as the new travel dates were at a busier time with limited room availability and different room rates. It was a very kind thing to do, and unexpected. They also kept some items I'd left in my room on a prior visit several months previously, and had them waiting for me on my arrival, which speaks well of the honesty of the housekeeping staff (as I didn't even realize I'd left anything behind).

Though the amenities are similar to other Hiltons worldwide (clean, reliable, large rooms, in-room safe, same brand of soap as any other Hilton), the hospitality and personal touch are unique in my experience of large American chain hotels, and despite my usual preference for small, local hotels in Europe I keep coming back to this place -- my last visit was for a conference which was actually held at another hotel in Pest, but I chose to stay here instead and commute to the meetings (an easy, quick trip by bus which runs every few minutes from the front of the hotel). The Buda riverfront area (Vizivaros) and several baths are a short walk or trolley ride away.

On my last trip I had an upgrade to the Executive floor, which has a pleasant lounge with a stunning view of Parliament across the Danube, and surprisingly good food for breakfast and cocktails/appetizers, with plenty of hot vegetarian options (which is unusual in Hungary!!!).

As other reviewers have mentioned, the location of the hotel is stunning, in a beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site neighborhood packed with landmarks, beautiful views (especially in the evening when the bridges over the river are lit up) and interesting small museums, cafes, and shops. The hotel is built on the site of an ancient monastery cloister, with the remnants preserved on the lower level of the hotel. It's a great option for a short trip to Budapest, as many of the most beautiful views and landmarks (and wine and palinka-tasting) are right outside the door.

Also, I'm a very safety-conscious female traveler, and the area feels exceptionally safe, both for solo early-morning runs and walking around in the evening. Can't wait to be back in a few weeks!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Maeve B
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am most pleased to read that you have had such a great time here with us, both in relation to the level of customer service you experienced during your reservation process as well as to our uniquely beautiful location, which seems to be perfectly suited for your dining, security and entertainment needs here in the capital.

Thank you very much once again, and before you plan your return visit to us, please do e-mail either reservations.budapest@hilton.com, or myself directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com

Zoltan Árvai
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a great time. The room was big and comfortable. The food was great and the service. We will definetly be back! The location in old buda is wonderful even that its not in the center it is an advantage...you enjoy the quiet atmosphere. The view from your room is spectacular!!!

1 Thank timnal
Dear Guest,

I am most pleased to read that you have had such a great time here with us, both in relation to our location, the room itself and our dining services.

When you plan your next return to Budapest, please contact us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The best position in Budapest, next to the Castle walls and the Matyas Church, across the river from the Parliament.
Explore the hills from this beautiful position. Take the bus( every minute or so) down to Pest. From here limitless possibilities to explore the Pest side of the city.
The hotel is very comfortable, spotlessly clean bedromm/bathroom.
Excellent food, breakfast is so filling, you need to be careul to leave room for the gulyas you planned to eat for lunch.
The bar serves a great choice of snacks and a cake/coffee deal to beat any other top class hotels. We and our friends will surely be back soon

Room Tip: River view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank marta2112
Dear Guest,.

I am very happy to hear that our location was so perfect for yourselves, and that you have been able to enjoy both the nearby tourist attractions, the sights of Pest as well as our famous Icon restaurant.
It is a source of pride for us whenever we hear of one of our guests recommending us and I am very glad that we may welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Thank you very much once again, and if you do plan a return please contact us, we will be glad to assist you.

Kent, UK
Reviewed April 24, 2013

What a fantastic hotel! Everything you could wish for and more. Our first room was a tad noisy because of the people upstairs so the hotel happily moved us to a better room. It had a fabulous view of the river and Parliament buildings opposite. The room was huge, clean and lovely. the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Great location, we love this area. This hotel is definitely worth a stay if you have a bit of extra cash to spare to spoil yourself. It will be worth it. I haven't got a bad thing to say about this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RuthBH
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very happy to read that you have had such an enjoyable stay here with us at the Hilton Budapest. We take pride in having our guest's feedback noted as much as possible, and I am so pleased that on the occasion we could offer you another room to make things right.

When you do plan a return visit to us, please do reach out to us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com, we will be glad to assist you going forward.

Best regards,