“My Place in Buda”

Ranked #19 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“My Place in Buda”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This latest visit confirmed my opinion of the Hilton in the Castle District. It is reasonably priced, safe, quiet and a little bit on the nicer side. The Castle District is a quiet area of the city with good food. A visit to the wine cellar in the hotel is also well worth your while. The breakfast is very good, and very quick. The view from behind the hotel is breathtaking, romantic, and not to be missed. I'll be back there again soon.

Room Tip: The second floor has some rooms with small staircases and windows that open to the street - very co...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, March 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased that you have had such a nice stay here with us at the Hilton Budapest, We are thrilled that we could ensure that it was a stay to remember and you consider to return to us very soon.

I am so pleased that the location of our property worked out so well for you, and the unique historic sights of the Castle District made your holiday even more memorable.
Thank you for telling other Travellers that our breakfast service was so much to your liking.

When you plan your next visit , please contact us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com, or reach out to me directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com.

Zoltán Árvai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,071)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The hotel is next door to Matyas Church and the Fisherman's Bastion and very close to the Royal Palace. There are also some great, reasonably priced restaurants nearby so the location is great. There are good views from the room and the breakfast area.

The service we had at the Hilton was excellent. Every single member of staff spoke perfect english and was very helpful and friendly. We were able to secure our bags securely after check-out too which was great.

The rooms were clean and had everything we might need, including a safe, an iron and ironing board, and a hairdryer in the bathroom.

The breakfast buffet was delicious and fresh, with everything you could possibly want including cakes!

I would recommend this hotel and if I stayed in Budapest again I would be happy to return myself.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Amy_Tux
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to hear that you have had such a memorable stay here at the Hilton Budapest and that our unique location, our views and our services were so much to your liking.
When you plan your next visit in the summer, please contact us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com, or reach out to me directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had an excellent experience at the Budapest Hilton in the Castle District. If you can tear yourself away from the view, it is a short walk to many sites and excellent museums. The hotel is spotless and the staff very willing to assist. I agree with another reviewer, this is the one of the best hotels I have ever experienced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Danube.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank L I

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very happy to hear that you have had a pleasant time here with us and you were impressed by our majestic location. I am proud to read that our team members have been doing their utmost to make you feel valued and taken care of during your whole stay.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and we look forward to having you with us again in the years to come.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've been at Hilton last year for business: one of the best hotel I ever been!
Amazing and quite location with excellent view of the Danube river from the massive room, well decorated and always perfectly cleaned; spacious bathroom with both shower and bath tub.
Rich and various breakfast with fresh treats every morning, was hard going to work after eating something so delicious.
High quality as expected from Hilton Hotels.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, March 19, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very glad to hear that you have had such an excellent stay here with us at the Hilton Budapest. It is so inspiring for us to know that you enjoyed our hospitality and that we have been able to impress you during this stay.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and if you do plan a return visit please do contact us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com.

Frodsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is based in the Casle district of Budapest on the Buda side of the city.
Great views across the Danube to the Parliament building.
Hotel rooms are very good and the staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble, from recommending somewhere to eat to arranging transport. Thankyou all we had a great holiday in a really lovely city.
One note of caution though. There is a bar across the road slightly to the right as you look from the Hotel enrtance whose entrance is gained via a small passageway.Beware the drink prices are not on display, the staff are surley and the prices ridiculous, ENTER AT YOUR PERIL>
Sorry to end on a negative so I won't.
If you stay at this hotel and avaoid that bar, you will have a great time. Try the baths for a anothergreat experience.

Room Tip: Get a room with a Danube view, it is worth the extra.

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am pleased to read that our location was so to your liking, and that the service that you have received was great. We pride ourselves on valuing and caring for all of our guests, and I am very happy to you have been able to experience this first hand.

That being said, I am sorry to hear about your negative experience about that bar in the neighbourhood. I have advised our Front Desk management team of your comments in order for them to follow up accordingly. I would like to assure you that all places to dine (eat and drink) out - offered by our Concierge team - are absolutely trustworthy high quality restaurants or bars. The one you mantioned in our neighbourhood is not at all recommended!

Thank you very much once again for your constructive feedback, and I do hope to have you with us again in the future.

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend and enjoyed the hotel. It has an excellent, quiet location with superb views from some of the rooms. We enjoyed the restaurant and bar but overall the hbotel does have a dated feel to it and needs a refurb. Staff were universally excellent and we particularly enjoyed the Executive Longe service.

Room Tip: Get one with a view - otherwise there are better hotels

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so glad to hear that you have had a pleasant weekend break with us at the Hilton Budapest,

Thank you very much once again for your kind comments about our location and the views. I am also glad to hear that you were impressed by our restaurant services.

Broxbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

a very good hotel overlooking the danube river and the town of pest plenty to see and do in this part of the city good restarants but because its on the castle side alright going down but very steep to walk up although there is a very good bus service

Room Tip: bring walking shoes ??
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very happy to read that you have had an enjoyable stay here with us at the Hilton Budapest. It is great to hear that you liked our unique location, which is pretected by UNESCO World Heritage.

When you do plan a return visit to us, please do reach out to us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com, we will be more than happy to assist you.