“castle area”
Review of Hilton Budapest

Hilton Budapest
Ranked #16 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed March 15, 2013

a very good hotel overlooking the danube river and the town of pest plenty to see and do in this part of the city good restarants but because its on the castle side alright going down but very steep to walk up although there is a very good bus service

Room Tip: bring walking shoes ??
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very happy to read that you have had an enjoyable stay here with us at the Hilton Budapest. It is great to hear that you liked our unique location, which is pretected by UNESCO World Heritage.

When you do plan a return visit to us, please do reach out to us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com, we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This Hotel offered a Valentie break and a special deal...its was wonderful and based in Buda overlooking the River Danube.
The service was first class, food wonderful,,and evrything you would expect from a Hilton Hotel.

The immiediate area is very historic with cobbled streets etc and amazing views over to Pest, there was a No 16 bus that took you straight to the city part.

We will revisit Spring/Summer to see this brilliant city at its best.
Budapest is an absolute must.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am very pleased to hear that you have had such a memorable stay here at the Hilton Budapest and that our unique location and our views were so much to your liking.
When you plan your next visit in the summer, please contact us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com, or reach out to me directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a upscale chain hotel catering to tourists that has little charm or style that would be typical of a local Hungarian establishment. The weather was unseasonably warm during our stay but the property was still set for heat only and our room was an oven at night. Even though the management was made aware of the problem it remained unresolved during our 3 night stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review.
I am very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay with us, and the style of our hotel was not really to your liking.

You are definitely right that you certainly should have received assistance with your room temperature problem. I have been sure to mention this to our Front Desk team so that they may follow up accordingly.

Thank you very much once again for constructive feedback. When you plan a return visit, please do reach out to me directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed March 13, 2013

just returned from a 3 night stay, lovely hotel well worth the money paid. great choice at breakfast with view,. very quiet hotel with friendly helpful staff. would visit again without a doubt. 3 days not long enough to see everything. across the bridge more lively

Room Tip: standard rooms are good, offered upgrade for 30 euros for our stay to a danube view, didn't take...
1  Thank szekelyview

Dear Guest,

I am grateful for your review.
I am very pleased to hear that you have had an enjoyable time here with us.
Thank you very much once again for your kind words regarding the breakfast with view and our friendly staff. When you plan a return visit, please do reach out to us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is perfectly placed in the Castle District, but it goes downhill from there. When we arrived on the Saturday (we were booked in for 7 nights) we were offered a river view for €30.00 extra per night, which annoyed me - if the room was available why didn't they just book us in to that room we had already paid for our room, why try and get more out of us. The front of house staff had an air about them that said "I work for the Hilton, but without the visitors - there wouldn't be a Hilton hotel. The porters were excellent and also the dining room staff. Prices were high in the bar, with the result that there were only about 5 to 10 people at most in the bar in the evening, but normally just one or two. There was an air of indifference about the hotel, nobody asked you was everything ok, did you have a nice day etc. They just wanted to get as much money out of you as possible; at least this was our experience for example bottle of water in the hotel was 1900 fl but in the local supermarket it was 195fl, the rate for fl against the euro was between 250 and 300fl per Euro. The mini bar prices were very very high, and there was no sheet to mark off the items you used from the min bar, it was left to the cleaning staff to check the contents of the mini bar each morning. The room was lovely overlooking the street, it got a bit noisy on the Friday night but overall no complaints. The reception/lobby area could do with a revamp it’s looking a bit dated.

Room Tip: If you want to pay more, possibly the rooms overlooking the Danube are best, but front of house was...

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am very sorry to hear that you have experienced some disappointment on your visit with us. and I also regret to hear that your overall experience on this occasion was not completely to your liking.

Thank you very much once again for your constructive review and hope that despite the above we may welcome you back to our hotel some time in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week whilst on our first visit to Budapest from March 3rd. We organised our taxi through the hotel and when we arrived at the airport a very smartly dressed man was holding up my name.
We arrived in style to this beautiful hotel and the staff could not do enough. Our room was fantastic with the biggest bed I have ever seen, it was 7foot wide to be exact. The bathroom was huge and the shower head was like a small dinner plate.
Everyday the room was cleaned and was spotless. No noise from any other rooms which is very important.
On the Thursday of our stay my husband was taken ill and rushed to hospital, the manager and staff were amazing and helped me so much I cannot thank them enough.
This really is a first class hotel and we will return again and again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liane W
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Liane,

I am very happy to read that you have had such an enjoyable stay here with us at the Hilton Budapest. We take pride in having our guest's special needs noted wherever and whenever possible, and I am so pleased that on this occasion you have had such a memorable time.

Nevertheless, I was terribly sorry to hear that your husband had to be taken to hospital during your stay. It is a great fortune that our Front Desk personnel is seriosly trained what to do in any case of emergency and luckily everything turned out to be fine in the end.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words asa TripAdvisor Top Contributor. From this memberships it is clear that you have enjoyed hospitality the world over, and it is a source of pride that we have been able to impress you during this stay.

If you do plan a return visit, please do contact us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com, or myself directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com, I will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Beautiful hotel set on th more historic Buda side f this city. There are lots of tourist sites near the hotel. The restaurants in this area all are decent quality but with the prces to match. We went to Restaurant 21 and paid about 105 euro for the works (2 glasses of sparkling wine, 2 starters, 2 mains, 1 dessert, bottle of wine, glass baileys, 1 coffee & two extra glasses of wine). The hotel itself is in a beautiful setting and well worth the upgrade to a river view, breakfast ok and very freindy staff throughout the hotel. We paid 200euro for 3 nights B&B in a river view room.
One word of waring, there is a bar directly opposite the hotel (blue neon sign). Would not recommend this as they will try rip you off and then threaten you with the police when you query the bill! I had a word with the concierge after our experience and he said it was a dangerous bar.

Room Tip: upgrade to a river view room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am pleased to read that our location was so to your liking, and that the service that you have received was great. We pride ourselves on valuing and caring for all of our guests, and I am very happy to you have been able to experience this first hand.

That being said, I am sorry to hear about your negative experience about that bar in the neighbourhood. I have advised our Front Desk management team of your comments in order for them to follow up accordingly. I would like to assure you that all places to dine (eat and drink) out - offered by our Concierge team - are absolutely trustworthy high quality restaurants or bars. The one you mantioned is not at all recommended!

Thank you very much once again for your constructive feedback, and I do hope to have you with us again in the future.