“Lovely Place”
Review of Hilton Budapest

Hilton Budapest
Ranked #15 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed March 13, 2013

just returned from a 3 night stay, lovely hotel well worth the money paid. great choice at breakfast with view,. very quiet hotel with friendly helpful staff. would visit again without a doubt. 3 days not long enough to see everything. across the bridge more lively

Room Tip: standard rooms are good, offered upgrade for 30 euros for our stay to a danube view, didn't take...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank szekelyview
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am grateful for your review.
I am very pleased to hear that you have had an enjoyable time here with us.
Thank you very much once again for your kind words regarding the breakfast with view and our friendly staff. When you plan a return visit, please do reach out to us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Budapest

Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is perfectly placed in the Castle District, but it goes downhill from there. When we arrived on the Saturday (we were booked in for 7 nights) we were offered a river view for €30.00 extra per night, which annoyed me - if the room was available why didn't they just book us in to that room we had already paid for our room, why try and get more out of us. The front of house staff had an air about them that said "I work for the Hilton, but without the visitors - there wouldn't be a Hilton hotel. The porters were excellent and also the dining room staff. Prices were high in the bar, with the result that there were only about 5 to 10 people at most in the bar in the evening, but normally just one or two. There was an air of indifference about the hotel, nobody asked you was everything ok, did you have a nice day etc. They just wanted to get as much money out of you as possible; at least this was our experience for example bottle of water in the hotel was 1900 fl but in the local supermarket it was 195fl, the rate for fl against the euro was between 250 and 300fl per Euro. The mini bar prices were very very high, and there was no sheet to mark off the items you used from the min bar, it was left to the cleaning staff to check the contents of the mini bar each morning. The room was lovely overlooking the street, it got a bit noisy on the Friday night but overall no complaints. The reception/lobby area could do with a revamp it’s looking a bit dated.

Room Tip: If you want to pay more, possibly the rooms overlooking the Danube are best, but front of house was...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay.

I am very sorry to hear that you have experienced some disappointment on your visit with us. and I also regret to hear that your overall experience on this occasion was not completely to your liking.

Thank you very much once again for your constructive review and hope that despite the above we may welcome you back to our hotel some time in the future.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a week whilst on our first visit to Budapest from March 3rd. We organised our taxi through the hotel and when we arrived at the airport a very smartly dressed man was holding up my name.
We arrived in style to this beautiful hotel and the staff could not do enough. Our room was fantastic with the biggest bed I have ever seen, it was 7foot wide to be exact. The bathroom was huge and the shower head was like a small dinner plate.
Everyday the room was cleaned and was spotless. No noise from any other rooms which is very important.
On the Thursday of our stay my husband was taken ill and rushed to hospital, the manager and staff were amazing and helped me so much I cannot thank them enough.
This really is a first class hotel and we will return again and again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liane W
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Liane,

I am very happy to read that you have had such an enjoyable stay here with us at the Hilton Budapest. We take pride in having our guest's special needs noted wherever and whenever possible, and I am so pleased that on this occasion you have had such a memorable time.

Nevertheless, I was terribly sorry to hear that your husband had to be taken to hospital during your stay. It is a great fortune that our Front Desk personnel is seriosly trained what to do in any case of emergency and luckily everything turned out to be fine in the end.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words asa TripAdvisor Top Contributor. From this memberships it is clear that you have enjoyed hospitality the world over, and it is a source of pride that we have been able to impress you during this stay.

If you do plan a return visit, please do contact us at reservations.budapest@hilton.com, or myself directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com, I will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Beautiful hotel set on th more historic Buda side f this city. There are lots of tourist sites near the hotel. The restaurants in this area all are decent quality but with the prces to match. We went to Restaurant 21 and paid about 105 euro for the works (2 glasses of sparkling wine, 2 starters, 2 mains, 1 dessert, bottle of wine, glass baileys, 1 coffee & two extra glasses of wine). The hotel itself is in a beautiful setting and well worth the upgrade to a river view, breakfast ok and very freindy staff throughout the hotel. We paid 200euro for 3 nights B&B in a river view room.
One word of waring, there is a bar directly opposite the hotel (blue neon sign). Would not recommend this as they will try rip you off and then threaten you with the police when you query the bill! I had a word with the concierge after our experience and he said it was a dangerous bar.

Room Tip: upgrade to a river view room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am pleased to read that our location was so to your liking, and that the service that you have received was great. We pride ourselves on valuing and caring for all of our guests, and I am very happy to you have been able to experience this first hand.

That being said, I am sorry to hear about your negative experience about that bar in the neighbourhood. I have advised our Front Desk management team of your comments in order for them to follow up accordingly. I would like to assure you that all places to dine (eat and drink) out - offered by our Concierge team - are absolutely trustworthy high quality restaurants or bars. The one you mantioned is not at all recommended!

Thank you very much once again for your constructive feedback, and I do hope to have you with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Spent our last night in Budapest here, and glad we did. It is a charming part of the city, and more sedate than on the other side of the river. Our room, however, faced the church next door (and was THE farthest from the elevators) and not the Danube River, despite the desk clerk telling me that he upgraded my room due to my gold status. He did not. We were on the third floor (executive level) and the lounge access was a great plus. Hotel room was standard size, with a nice bathroom, but the highlight was the beds, which were absolutely wonderful. Great pillows, sheets, matresses, comforters. Shower has a tub and a very small stand-up shower. Lobby is early 1970s design with really tiny chairs. Exceptionally well maintained property. Easily reached by the #16 bus line. Glad we stayed on the Pest side for our first two nights, as there is more action, and it is easier to walk around since it is flat. Buda is quite hilly, so keep that in mind if you are planning to do much walking. The only shopping seemed to be souvenier shops on the Buda side of the river.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

From what you have said, it really sounds like the intention of our reception desk team members were good: upon availability we do our utmost to provide room upgrade to our preferred Gold and Diamond HHonors guest. At the end it turned out that on the "river side" of the building there were not any more rooms available to offer them as a complimentary upgrade and for this I must apologize. It is one of the great difficulties of a higher occupancy period because we always strive ourselves to meet all of our guests' needs and expectations.
However, I truly hope that the unparallel view to stunning Matthias Church was also
a great memory.
If you wish to talk about this matter in more detail, please feel free to send your concerns to our Front Office Manager, Laszlo at laszlo.csakvary@hilton.com.

At the same time I am happy to know that the services of our Executive Floor were so to your liking, especially the comfort of your room and the cleanliness of the property made your stay a memorable one.

Thank you very much once again for your feedback, and I do hope that you did have an enjoyable time here in Budapest.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is set on the hillside of the quiet cobble-stoned Castle District overlooking the Danube, across to Pest and the beautiful Parliament building and fantastic views of the City. The decor in the hotel seemed a little dated but everywhere is kept very clean. The room and bathroom were a good size for a European Hotel - the shower cubicle was, however, a little small. The food was very good at the hotel - especially the breakfast. There were also local restaurants closeby as well as a small grocery store. Next to the hotel is the beautiful Matthias Church and Fisherman's Bastion with it's stunning Disney-like turrets - 5 mins walk takes you down to Buda Castle. The "Hop on Hop off" bus stop was only a few mins walk away too and tickets could be bought directly from the hotel. This Hilton has excellent views and is very quiet and relaxing. We were happy to have chosen this hotel for our first trip to Budapest and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the Danube River - the view is fantastic.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased that you have had such a nice stay here with us at the Hilton Budapest, particularly during your first visit to Budapest. We are thrilled that we could ensure that it was a stay to remember.

I am so pleased that the location of our property worked out so well for you, and the unique historic sights of the Castle District made your holiday even more memorable.

Thank you very much again for your review, and I do hope to have you with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here in a executive floor room with my parents in early Dec. The service at the Executive Lounge and breakfast room is absolutely wonderful. The breakfast buffet is sublime. The staff at the Executive Lounge is top nudge, constantly refilling our drinks and help with travel arrangements. The view from the Executive Lounge is breathtaking. Do splurge and upgrade to an executive room for a wonderful experience.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am very pleased to hear that the personalized service provided on our Executive Floor was so to your liking. I will pass on your gratitude to the staff in the Executive Lounge, as it sounds like you had a wonderful time in there throughout your stay.

Thank you very much once again for your review, and I look forward to having you with us again going forward.