“Spectacular views over the river Danube”
Review of Hilton Budapest

Hilton Budapest
Ranked #15 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel was perfect in every way. We paid an extra £7 per night for a river view and it was well worth the extra. This is the most amazing view I have ever experienced from any hotel I have ever stayed at anywhere. The rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. The location is perfect - Buda is by far the most beautiful part of the city. Travelling to pest was extremely east either on the number 16 bus or we walked down to the tram. A 24 hr travel pass was only about £10 and this was for a maximum of 5 people. The trams run 24 hours inbetween Buda and Pest. We will visit Budapest again and we will definitely choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view which gives you an amazing view of the river and the city.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
1  Thank Diane J
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am so pleased to hear that you have had such a great stay with us here at Hilton Budapest . Our views are certainly a highlight, whether facing towards the River Danube or the outstanding the sights of Buda and Pest.

We strive to provide our guests with the highest standard of hospitality, and I am so glad to hear that you have had such a fabulous stay in this regard. Our team is extremely pleased to read your kind words regarding their attentivness and the cleanliness of our hotel.

Thank you very much once again, and please do reach out to us at reservations.budapset@hilton.com or myself directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com with any enquiries or special requests

There are newer reviews for Hilton Budapest

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Our European family recommended that we stay at the Hilton in the Budapest Castle District. We were very pleased with the friendliness of the staff, wonderful food in the restaurant, and exceptional facilities. If you need something, do not be surprised if the senior management makes themselves available to assist you. As a retired CEO, I am pleased to say that this is a very well run facility.

Room Tip: Request a room above the third floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Martin R

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and your time taken to submit review.

I am so pleased to hear that you have had such a great stay with us here at Hilton Budapest.
We strive to provide our guests with the highest standard of hospitality, and I am so gald that you have had such a fabulous stay in this regard.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and please do reach out to either reservations.budapest@hilton.com or myself directly at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com the next time you plan a visit to us here in Budapest and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I am a Hilton Honors member due to my occupation. I stay in different US and European Hiltons at least twice a month if not more. This is in the top 3 I have ever stayed for several reasons.

1. They pick you up at the airport and return you for a reasonable price and put it on your bill so you dont have to worry about having the national currency, HF. They emailed me before my visit to organise the airport pickup without me prompting them.

2. The Hotel is situated in the Buda castle district which is a very old part of the city. I felt like I was in the old ages as I walked the streets in the early evening. It is a very beautiful area of the city and there are lots of places to eat and take in a drink with great atmosphere.

3. The service was excellent. The staff were very attentive from the front desk, the the restaraunt for breakfast and dinner.

4. The executive lounge is great with one of the best views for any hotel I have ever been in and I am privaleged to work and stay all over Europe and the USA.

5. The view of the Danube and Hungarian Parliament from my hotel room was breathtaking.

6. It is February, so quiet season for the city but I paid 77 Euros per night. That is a great rate for this stature of hotel.

If you are traveling for work this is a great hotel to stay in. I highly recommend it as after a hard days work you can relax and take in this gorgeous area of the city.

Some disadvantages are that the access to the hotel is a little tough unless you are a taxi driver as the hotel is in an area with lots of tourism as the cathedral, Buda castle and some museums are up there. There are 2 or 3 barriers to go through and can be a little tricky, however not a major issue. Also the fitness area is a little poor. It is crammed away in a section of the hotel that is a little less inviting for exercise however the views can be seen out the windows and it is quite nice.
The wi-fi internet is also very poor. The download speed was terrible and I couldnt skype with my family and loading any advanced websites was poor. It was not ideal however it did work for email.

Overall I still give it a 5 out of 5 as it had something special about it and the price was just great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Pest side overlooking the river. One of the best views in Europe. Also be...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am delighted to hear that on your trip to us here at the Hilton Budapest and also that you were able to take advantage of our special winter offer and enjoyed your stay with us. Our team pride themselves on their professionalism and attentiveness, and they were very pleased to read your kind words and of your enjoyable stay.

Thank you very much for reaching out to us regarding the access to the Buda Castle Area.
Please let me advise you about the reason for the "barriers".

Whole Buda Castle Area is under the protection of UNESCO, as it is a UNESCO Wolrd Heritage site. On the other hand this area gives home to several national treasures like the former Royal Palace of Hungary, Our Lady's (Matthias) Church (coronation church of the Hungarian Royal families) Home and office of the President of Hungary, the Hungarian National Gallery, numerous museums.

It is easy to enter the Castle Area, you just need to press the ticket button at the entrance and, if you are a guest of our hotel, validate your ticket at the reception desk before your departure. Parking for the guests of Hilton Budapest in front of the hotel is currently free of charge.

As for our wi-fi service, we have recently introduced free service in all public areas of the hotel.
The new system is continuously checked and we do our utmost to be able to provide the highest level of service.

Thank you very much once again for taking the time to share your valuable review. When you are next planning a visit to Budapest, please do not hesitate to contact me at zoltan.arvai@hilton.com.

Zoltan Árvai

Reviewed February 4, 2013

It was a wonderful experience to visit Budapest 2 days prior to sailing on a river cruise on the Danube River that ended in Nuremberg,Germany.

It has great restaurants,people are friendly and since it's not euro currency controlled,your US dollars lasts much more.I was highly impressed by the service at this lovely hotel,even after we ran into a problem with our cruise company due to a last minute change in vessel,the desk manager was up to date in his info about this event,and he directed us to the correct pier and at the right time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

It is fantastic for me to read that you have had such a good time here with us during your Danube river cruise ride. The importance of attentive and professional Front Desk personnel cannot be overstated, and I am very happy that you have been so pleased with both our services and our personnel.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and I look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Recently stayed 3 vacation nights and was totally pleased with everything about this hotel. The location is superb --you can walk to the nearby Buda Castle and Matthias Cathedral and catching the #16 Bus (literally across the street) to Pest can be handled by anyone. Taxis to the Opera and to/from the train station were reasonable and arranged by the Hotel.

The views from the hotel and from the Fishermans Bastions (behind the hotel) of the Parliament Bldg are indeed awesome! The Concierge and front office staff of this Hilton were most helpful to us and helped make our visit to Budapest "most memorable"!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so thrilled to read that you have had such an enjoyable stay at our hotel. It sounds like your memorable stay was matched by the beautiful views, which is absolutely the type of experience we aim to provide throughout the the property.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words, and we would love to have you back with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Get a room thats facing the Buda river and you will enjoy the view of the city. The walk around the hotel and the castle was a real treat. I would go back if I could. The senior staff members of the hotel were helpful in arranging the rooms and transportation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Abhimandran H

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review telling many other Travellers about your great experience.

I am so pleased to hear that for a valued guest arriving from so far away like yourself, this has been a good hotel and we have managed to exceed your expectations. I very much look forward to having you with us again during your next visit to Budapest.

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Probably this hotel in Budapest has the best view in town. I spent 3 night here and I was there for business porpuses so I was stuck inside there in meeting rooms... But it was such a pleasure working in those rooms because of the stunning view of the city. Moreover the room also had a great view!!! Very romantic and unique... I would recommend it for the view.. In general the hotel is classic and a little old style.

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to hear that you have been able to have such a nice stay here with us fduring your conference taking place at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed to relax and work in the comfort of your Danube river view room, which offers stunning views of the city.

Thank you very much for your recent review, and by all means please do reach out to us with any enquiries or requests prior to your next visit to Budapest.