“What a wonderful introduction to Eastern Europe and to our Danube River cruise!”
Review of Hilton Budapest

Hilton Budapest
Ranked #17 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Dennis Port, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

The Budapest Hilton Castle Hill was located in what is probably the most spectacular part of the hilly Buda side of the city - overlooking the Danube and the plains of the Pest side. The rooms were roomy and comfortable and the buffett brekfast was good. The service was very helpful, but a tad hard to understand directions to local retaurants; and we had to ask a few times for directions to an ATM and store for a converter. Turns out, we could have borrowed one from the business center. Location, location, location is great! We were able to explore a lot of the Castle District on our own, and truly enjoyed it!

• Stayed November 2012
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your positive comments with Trip Advisor Community and letting other valued readers know of your great experience.
We are happy to read that you had such a pleasant stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon to Hilton Budapest.

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,081)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The Hilton Budapest is in the castle district. If you're not sure what that is, do some research and you will find that it's in the middle of the Buda side on the top of the hill overlooking the Danube. It's a spectacular sight. The hotel itself, like you will read, is a bit on the old side. However, I do not view this as a negative, instead, to me it is what gives this hotel its charm.

What I like:
Location. It's a great base for exploring Budapest. You have many sights and attractions within walking distance. The streets are not crowded with cars and there are many food options.
Cleanliness. This is a nice, clean, well run hotel, what you would expect from the Hilton.
Internet. There was no wireless in my room (507), but the wire had a speed of about 15-20 megabits - good for hotel standards.
Food. The breakfast is standard Hilton fare. The executive lounge is clean and offers free wifi.
Gym. It's good. If you like to work out, you'll have an easy time here. Plenty of machines and free weights, which I love.

What I didn't like.
I don't really have anything in this category. I suppose if I wanted to nitpick, I didn't like the halogen floor lamps in my room and the pillows were a bit overstuffed - but like I said - not a big deal.

In summary, it's a nice hotel. I think you will be satisfied. It's close to everything on both sides of the Danube and within walking distance.

Room Tip: Pay extra and get a view of the Danube. It's well worth it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank AgileDude
Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you personally for your recent stay at Hilton Budapest.
On behalf of my team, I am very happy to find out from your detailed review, for which we are extremely grateful, that you had a very pleasant vacation and in general you were pleased with our services.

Regarding you valuable remarks concerning the in room lighting and the pillow, I will look into this matter myself and inform the relavant department heads to take further actions so that we can further improve our service.

I hope we may welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights, 4 days. Great service in the hotel. Breakfast was nice, good selections and you can ask them to make soemthing that isnt avaiable there.
The area is lovely, great views, especially at night. However to beware that at night it is like a ghost town! However is a nice location, plenty of restuarants around. Also easy access into Pest. Just cross the road to the bus stop, and get bus 16 and get off at the last stop in Pest (opposite the Le Merriden Hotel).
Reception staff very helpful on places to go and how to get there.
(no free wifi though :-( )

Lovely place to visit!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Serena R
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for submitting your review to Trip Advisor. We are pleased to read that you
liked our services and the surroundings of our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The rooms are large and comfortable, the staff is friendly and efficient, and the view from the hotel is the most beautiful I have ever seen, overlooking beautiful turrets and walls and the entire city's beautiful skyline to the Danube. The cost is most reasonable, especially for the excellent facilities and incomparable view. I will urge all of my friends to experience Budapest from this beautiful and convenient location, and definitely will make it my home away from home on any trip to Budapest.

Room Tip: I didn't use either the pool or any kids' activities, so can't rate those, but everythin...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am grateful for your valuable comments and your time taken to submit your review to Trip Advisor.
I cannot tell you how happy my team members are when we receieve constructive feedback from our respected guests. It helps us to monitor if we manage to meet or exceed our guests' expectations, which is the most important for us.
We cannot wait welcoming you back to Hilton Budapest, should your future travel plans bring you back to our city.

Wolfville, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at the Hilton-Budapest. First it is an awesome setting in the castle district with stunning views of the Fisherman's Bastion, the Danube and the Parliment building in Pest. Hotel service from check in to check out was great. Nice staff and services in the bar and dining room. The buffet breakfast offered many choices and the view continued to awe us from there. So much history to see within walking distance from the hotel and walking further to shopping areas not a problem. Great resaurants and cafes within a stone's throw of the hotel. We look forward to a return trip.

Room Tip: Ask for 'a room with a view'.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rendell H
Dear Guest,

thank you for staying at Hilton Budapest and sharing your amazing travel experience with other valued Travellers. I am glad to find out that you were pleased with our services. Please be assured that I have forwarded your inspiring comment to my team, which will definitely make everybody happy and enthusiastic.

It would be an honour to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

London
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Myself and 2 friends stayed here for a long weekend. We got a great deal for bed a breakfast for 3 nights. The staff were very polite and extremely helpful. The room was spacious and clean. There was a very good selection at breakfast. The location of the hotel is excellent for exploring the castle district and there a some lovely restaurants nearby. You can catch a local bus or the hop on hop off bus from a short walk away and there is a metro station at the bottom of the hill. The views over the river Danube are amazing especially at night.

Also book wine tasting in the Faust wine cellar ( entrance is in the Hilton hotel itself) it was a great way to start our trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kay P
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your positive experience on Trip Advisor this website, I would like to personally respond and thank you.

I am grateful for your comments regarding the unique features of our hotel. It is nice to know that you enjoyed the fabulous views from the Castle District to the surrounding historic monuments. Thank you for letting other valued Readers know of the professional service of our team and the comfort of your room.

South Chailey, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Definitely worth paying the extra for the view, and what a view, really comes into its own at night!
Rooms well appointed, executive lounge comfortable and plenty of choice of snacks and drinks. We had our breakfast in main restaurant, plenty of choice and eggs cooked to order. All staff pleasant and willing to help. Thoroughly recommend. Beautiful walk down the castle grounds to get to Pest, takes about 30 minutes with leisurely stroll across chain bridge, and then ride the funicular back up for 900 florints each, great view of city!

Room Tip: Book a Danube view, well worth.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brianroyston3059
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your positive experience on this website, I would like to personally respond and thank you.

I am happy to see that your impression of our staff and service was good and you felt well taken care of during your stay. I am grateful for your comments regarding the selection of our breakfast buffet and our unique location, I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Budapest in the near future.