“Wow, what a view”

Ranked #19 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Northumberland, UK
“Wow, what a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

When I opened the door to my room for the first time I was taken aback by the view in front of me. One of the towers of the Fisherman's Bastion was directly in front and I could see the Chain Bridge to my right and the Danube sweeping from left to right. At night the scene was amazing with the bastion and other areas lit up. The location is the best thing about this hotel; next door to Matthais Church and a short walk to the Castle and Chain Bridge.
The room was large and well appointed. I ate in the bar once where the food and drink prices were reasonable but would recommend going out to visit one of many nearby restaurants. The only niggle was that there was no free wifi. Other hotels do it so why not Hilton?

Room Tip: It has got to be on the Fisherman's Bastion side
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable comments on Tripadvisor and letting sharing the Community know of your positive experience.
I am glad to hear that in general you were pleased with our services, and I appreciate your time taken to tell others about your impression of our unique location.
As far as wi-fi, please be advised that as of 2013 wi-fi will be provided complimentary in all public areas of the hotel meeting the latest Hilton Brand Standard. Until then, we appreciate your patience and hope we may have the pleasure again to welcomeyou back real soon.

Zoltán Árvai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,042)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Arriving here at 7pm was simply wonderful. Most of the day visitors had gone and the fishermans bastion adjacent to the hilton was like having an historical film set to oneself. The hotel was not flashy but we were surprised at the cleanliness and and size of the room and bathroom. As has been stated before, Danube view room is a must. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Great breakfast. Marvellous walks from
Buda into pest. Lovely city with many interesting sights. We took the hop on hop off bus, but Iwould say that it was oversubscribed most of the time and the seats not comfortable. The hilton Buda is truly great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for submitting your valuable comments on Tripadvisor and sharing your positive experience with the Community.
I am very glad to hear you had such a lovely stay with us. I appreciate your time taken to tell others about your impression of our unique location. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back real soon.
eastbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel was overall one of the best we have stayed in for a city break. A great location for visiting the castle district of Buda and within walking distance of the Chain Bridge over the Danube to Pest. Excellent transport links nearby - public buses, funicular, bus tours and boats. The staff at the Hilton were all very anxious to pleae and obvoiusly took pride in their work - indeed everyone we encountered in Hungary - taxi drivers, waiters, shop assistants, staff in ticket offices - were all charming and happy to help and all spoke excellent English!
Our room was very clean and a good size, high floor, non smoking as we had requested. We were asked if we wanted to upgrade to a river view room for an extra 30 euros a night but declined. The room we had gave a superb view of the beautiful St Matthias church and a side view of the Danube (at no extra expense!) Breakfast was excellent with so much choice and they knew how to make a good pot of tea!!
The only disapointment was the cost of Wi fi - in the end we paid 20 euros for 110 minutes, this being the best package. Unfortunately the conncection was not good and we had to go to the hotel business centre to log on. However, they assure us that from next week Wi fi will be free in public areas. These public spaces are very comfortable, provide excellent services - concierge, reasonably priced bar snacks etc.
Overall it was a great experience staying at the Hilton.

Room Tip: The fifth floor is all non smoking. Our room there, facing the church was quiet and away from the l...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor and sharing your positive experience with the Community.

I appreciate your time taken to tell others about your impression of our unique location and the good transportation links connecting Buda with Pest really flexibly. We are pleased to read you were satisfied with the comfort of your room and felt well taken care of during your stay.

Thank you for your constructive observation regarding our wi-fi service. Please let me adise you and other valued Guests that free wi-fi service will be available in all public areas as of 2013 according to the requirements of the Brand Standard.

Again, I am grateful for your opinion and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Zoltan Árvai
Ft. Myers FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel has cornered the market on location! It is in the heart of the castle district and surrounded by shops, wonderful restaurants and great sites. I would never stay anywhere else if I was in Budapest. Now, there are a couple of drawbacks, there is no free WIFI and it is $36 a day if you want it and I had reserved a non-smoking room and got a smoking room because the hotel was fully booked! As soon as I stepped from the elevator on my floor, I could smell the smoke! The breakfast was excellent and the bar a great place for a snack and a drink. So, you have to weigh a gorgeous view and location with a crazy WIFI price and a smelly room (they spray the room daily with the sickingly sweet stuff they use at American car washes!)! Now, the view from my window was incredible, it was the entire expanse of the Danube stretched from wall to wall and at night, I couldn't close the drapes because I didn't want the view to end. I loved all of the little shops, the carriage rides right outside the door and classy little restaurants within one block. But the real WOW, was a small grocery on the corner with excellent wine and beer choices. They also have a little deli with excellent food to go. One afternoon I sat on a bench and just watched the world go by. I would stay here again but I might insist on a non-smoking room!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a non-smoking room facing the Danube.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please, let me thank you personally for your precious time taken to share your valuable feedback with us and Tripadvisor Community.
I am very glad that in general you had a memorable stay with us, which we highly appreciate.
Concerning your experience with wifi, I would like to inform you that as of 2013 complimentary wi-fi will be provided in all public areas of the hotel in accordance with the Hilton Brand Standard.
We were sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the condition of the air in your room and it would appear that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations. We take your comments seriously and do apologize for the fact that we were unable to solve the situation on spot because of our total occupancy.
We do hope that in spite of the above, we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Columbus, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I loved this place...so rich in history...really old history...a strong people making a come back after years of being ruled by communist during and after the war. The view during the day is spectacular from up on the hill (Buda)...the view from our hotel room was breath taking...I want to go back and cruise the Danube by boat...At night, the entire city is lit up...it is not to be missed. It's easy to walk around this city...the food is great...the people are very nice...you have to be careful with taking cabs on the street...always ask someone to call a cab for you are you might get "taken" to the cleaner/overcharged. I loved this city...and Sept was a beautiful month to travel there...the temperature was perfect...the weather perfect. Make sure to visit the spa/thermal baths. The hotel was very accomodating...good food...and great view from the room...also, lots to do around the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the Danube...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sandra M
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for submitting your valable comments on this site.
We are proud to hear you had such a memorable vacation at our hotel and grateful for your precious time taken to share your positive experience with other Travellers worldwide.

We look forward to welcoming you back, should your travel plans bring you back to our city.

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

hilton budapest one of the few hotels in the world that has this unique connection to world heritage.
the location is the single most important near the most woundeful world heritage sights such as buda castel,royal palace ,and museums.fron service to cleaniness is excellent.
forget about other hotels located in pest the flat grouns even it is very beutiful and world class hotel ,but this one with room view over the danube and the parliment and fisherbastion ,all these i have never seen in my life even i have been all over the world.
But hotel budapest not only about structure and archticht but about people
thier exutive lounge is the best i have ever seen mainly one standing out and that is ( Mr Tibor)
a man in his sixtees with exceelent human service ,does not stop one minute from serving the people who likes hom and adorne him and not only that he comes to every table evey 5 minutes ask u if you need any thing also George,Petra,gyorgy,Danilla

tasting the best hungarian wibe?

down connected to the hilton is the cellar has the best hungarian wines for tasting and buying

enjoy your self in this world quite charming class hotel with amazinf facade and above all a toutch of human service and unmatched location

tip: take bus 16 from the area to the DKF ter for shopping
tip2: coming back take bus 16 same bus from the same above square opposite to meridean hotel back to budavari the hilton hotel castel
tip3: Buy always souveniers.paprikas.pallikas .laces all from the central market not only it is cheap but safe no ripping off

thank u and i hope this review will help the readers to find thier way i was there with my lovely wife from 21-26 sept 2012

Room Tip: dont take a room near the elevator but the best rooms are the exeuctive rooms with a danube view mai...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank ghormullah a
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for submitting your superb comments on Tripadvisor site.
I appreciate your valuable time taken to tell other readers about your unforgettable travel experience.

I am extremely proud to find out that you were so much impressed by the services provided by our valued Team Members and felt well taken care of during your stay. Please be assured, I have forwarded your praising to them and will make sure to celebrate together.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon, should your travel plans bring you back to our city.

Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Spent two nights in the Hilton at the end of our Viking river cruise. The hotel is lovely. Great service, good rooms. Things a bit expensive (6 pounds for a bottle of water!) some nice restaurants just round the corner. Fantastic views if you get a room overlooking the river. Bus number 16 will take you down into Pest, and there is a great service all evening. Loads to see walking around, will definitely go back and stay at the Hilton

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank worldtripper16
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your time taken to submit your valuable comments on Tripadvisor site.
My team and I are extremely happy to find out that you had such a pleasant stay at our
hotel. Thank you for letting others know about our splendid location and also for the
great transportation tips.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.