“Hilton Budapest a great place to stay”
Review of Hilton Budapest

Hilton Budapest
Ranked #19 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Ra'anana, Israel
“Hilton Budapest a great place to stay”
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I came with my girlfriend for a weekend in the end of January.
The hotel was great. It has a great location, big modern rooms which are very clean, quiet with great views of the city.
The hotel breakfast is very rich and the other facilites were very relaxing.
the staff was very friendly and always helpful.
Bottom line, a very good place to stay in Budapest, AAA!!!

Nadav

1 Thank Nadav A
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for posting your precious feedback to this website.
Above all this, thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Budapest and sharing your positive comments on our location, the comfort and cleanliness of our guest rooms, our breakfast offer and the professional attitude of our personnel.

I trust we may have the pleasure again to welcome you back to our hotel, should your future plans bring you back to our city.

Zoltan Arvai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,071)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Just had a four night break in this beautiful hotel. The location was fantastic, the views were breathtaking and the staff and service were five star. For me this was the perfect hotel and would highly recommend it.I have been to a few Hiltons and their service and standards are the best. Well done Hilton!!

Room Tip: Sixth floor for the views, all facilities excellent
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank looby1876
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Budapest, sharing your valuable feedback with us and other readers of Tripadvisor website.

I am very pleased to hear that you were impressed by the unique location of our hotel as well as the breathtaking views. It is fantastic to hear that you found the quality of iour serrvices perfect and you were satisfied with our personnel.

I need not have to say, I am proud to read you would highly recommend Hilton, as one of the best hotel brands. If you consider to return to Budapest in the future, it would be a great honour to welcome you back to our hotel.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Just spent 4 nights with my wife in this amazingly beautiful city and made even better by staying in what I say the perfect hotel. Location difficult to beat anywhere in the world, staff I must say one of the best I have ever encountered in any 5 star hotel anywhere in the world were one usually and very often finds arrogant individuals who unless well tipped don´t even consider you the way it should be. Regarding the check in, both my wife and I have to say that the lady who did it was absolutely and incredibly efficient, courteous, informative, simply the best check in I have ever encountered in any hotel that I have visited. Thereafter every single member of the staff not only at the front office, but also concierge were just 10/10. The breakfast was another very good experience, beautiful buffet but also with the option to ask a ala carte which I did in a restaurant with AMAZING views of Budapest. The staff again just 10/10. On the negative side, the bed lightning is not that good as in most hotels still don´t understand why, also the matress not as good as other themed ones from other hotel chains and internet quite expensive compared to other Hotels were it is not even charged any more. Also my shower head was broken so difficult to have a proper shower. But despite this I loved this hotel and I would recommend it over and over to anyone who will go to this wonderful city.

5 Thank itacolcat
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond on your experience while staying with us here at the Hilton Budapest.

Our property does have a unique location and has nice amenities, however, we could not meet our guests’ expectations without an outstanding Front Desk team that we have. But we do not stop there, the entire team from Housekeeping, Food and Beverage and Engineering work incredibly hard to ensure that their contribution is done to the best of there abilities to guarantee every guest have a pleasant stay.

Unfortunately we need to charge an amount for internet, though there are some developments going on at the moment to introduce free access in all public areas of the hotel. At the same time, complimentary access is available in the Executive Club Lounge for our Executive Floor guests. Besides, our HHonors Gold and HHonors Diamond Members may enjoy free internet access in their guest rooms plus they are also welcome to enjoy the services of the Executive Club Lounge free of charge. I also appreciate your comments on the mattress and the shower had and I will follow up with the team to improve our service.

Once again, I am grateful for your kind remarks and we will continue to take care of you and all our valued guests. We hope to see you back soon.

With best regards,

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Booked this hotel during my first visit to Budapest. I must say that, for the most part, I had a positive experience.

The staff was very helpful in accommodating me and the concierge was fantastic. Each night we had an excellent dinner reservation made. Another great aspect was the rooms, which for the single I booked, was absolutely huge.

However, I do have two critisims. First, the hotel was undergoing renovations for the off season when I was there. I found some of the noise from the construction fairly disturbing especially when major work was going on during the day and I was trying to sleep in. One other negative aspect was due to the location in residential Buda, it was sometimes slightly prohibitive to get into Pest to do sightseeing. Overall I had a positive experience.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the renovations!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor website.

I am glad that in general you had a pleasant and memorable stay with us.
However, I am sad to read your concerns regarding the fire safety development works going on during your visit, and would like to extend apologies to you disturbed by the noise, as well as explain a bit about what we were doing.

We are extremely guest-oriented and eager to make our guests’ stay with us an exceptional experience. From time to time, however, it is necessary to carry on technical maintenance or hotel refurbishment works. Our goal is to always guarantee the expected Hilton quality to our guests and adding value to our hotel. Please be aware that we always do our utmost to reduce noise as much as possible during any necessary works.

Please feel free to email me with any questions or advice, and know that we truly look forward to serving you and showing you how much we care on your next visit.

General Manger.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The Hilton Budpaest - Castle District is an excellent hotel in a prime location. The views and surrounding area are stunning. The hotel itself was amaxing and from the moment I checked in until I checked out the staff were very helpful and provided a first class service. My room was on the Executive Floors, which included access to the executive lounge, and was first class. The Sunday afternoon buffett lunch was great value for money and worth booking. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable feedback with Tripadvisor Community.
We are so happy to read you spent memorable days at our hotel and your were satisfied with our services. It is an honour to receive your feedback your were impressed by our unique location and you were pleased with the attitude of our personnel.
My team and I are looking forward to the pleasure to welcoming you back to the Hilton Budapest in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Budapest in Jan 2012. We loved the location, as it provides wonderful views of the city down below. The décor of the rooms are a little dated, but it was still well maintained and clean. We stayed on the Executive and the room and the bathroom were both very spacious. There is a bus stop that is located a couple of minutes from the hotel and that will take you to/or connect you, to any bus/tram/metro you will need to take to visit places. There is an ATM and a department store at the Square right outside the hotel. The breakfast was good, and the staff was efficient.

They did not have wireless internet in the rooms, and we had to go to the Executive Lounge to access it. However, they did mention that they expect to provide this service later in 2012.

Most of all I loved the location of this hotel, being situated within a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor website.
I am pleased to learn that in general you were satisfied with your room and you were impressed by the unique location of our hotel.

Please let me advise you, wireless internet is available at the hotel everywhere, access is provided complimentary to our guests staying on the Executive Floor.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure to welcoming you back in the future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I stayed here for a conference & was very happy with the large room and wonderful view of the Hungarian parliament building & Fisherman's Bastion. Strangely, for such a large room, the bathroom was rather cramped and the decor and fittings were a little tired & not fitting it's 4 star status. There was no free wifi in the hotel which was frustrating but my iphone picked up a free wifi signal just outside the front door which served its purpose. The breakfast, although expensive, contained a wide choice including soya milk which was a nice surprise. Although they provided freshly cooked eggs to order I had to wait a long time & the service for coffee etc was slow.
Note - for those keen to go sightseeing I feel the location wasn't the best choice. There's a lot to see on the Pest side and it's a bore & hard work having to climb back up the hill to return to the hotel. So for that alone, I think I would switch sides if I was to return. But the view of the city from the hotel is wonderful and a real highlight. There are several restaurants nearby, the cathedral to see & the castle - all within 5 mins walk. It takes about 1/2 hour's walk to get to the Pest side & all the other sights. I agree with the other posters that the reception staff seemed rather unwelcoming but given the number of guests maybe that is to be expected.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Hungarian parliament building and Fisherman's Bastion but they are quite a...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business