“The breakfast was amazing!”
Review of Hilton Budapest

Hilton Budapest
Ranked #18 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“The breakfast was amazing!”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

However, for a 'Hilton' we were a little disappointed given the cost. But it was well located, built in the beautiful castle district of Buda and within easy walking distance of many places. The staff were welcoming and polite. The room was basic and the air-con was a little noisy but it was clean and perfectly comfortable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, May 19, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your comments with us on this website. I would like to personally reply and thank you..

It is great to see that your general impression of our service and our team was good and we managed to meet your needs. Your feedback is very important as it is a vital way to make improvements. Once again thank you for your review. I trust we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Budapest.

Zoltan Arvai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,056)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2011

This hotel looks down at the Parliment building as it sits on the winding Danube. At night the town of Budapest is awash in lights. Easy access to the Castle,numerous outstanding restaurants, and easy walking to many sights makes this an ideal location for the travelor. The Hilton is well run,has a superb breakfast and a good fitness area to work it off! The beds were large and very comfortable - a necessity after a hard day of traveling. Staff were plesant and their English was flawless.
Having traveled in 74 countries and all the US I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Anything facing Parliment.
  • Stayed May 2011
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am very grateful for your your positive comments on Tripadvisor and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

It was particularly great to see that your impression of the unique location of our hotel exceeded your expectations, especially, that the magnificent view to the sights of the city made your vacation memorable. I am also happy to read that our breakfast service was good and you felt well taken care of during your stay.

I hope we may have the pleasure again, to welcome you back to the Hilton Budapest.

Ocean View, Delaware
Reviewed May 12, 2011

The Budapest Hilton was a delight for our first trip to this beautiful city. The location in the castle district was magnificent. We truly enjoyed our stay there with the views of the Danube and the Parliament building. The staff was very helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: Use a Hilton Honors card for the best rooms.
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website regaring the unique location of our hotel.
We are happy to know you considered the service of out staff friendly and professional.
Thank you for staying with us the Hilton Budapest and I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Zoltán Árvai
Darmstadt
Reviewed May 12, 2011

Traveling as a solo woman is not alway a good experience. Staying in the Hilton was the perfect choice for a wonderful weekend trip. The service was excellent, the concierge service was very helpful and patient with all my questions. Everything was easy to find and the personal much more than friendly. I work for an airline and expect a good service. This stay was much better then friendly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your positve review with us and all Tripadvisor users.
This is an honour for our team to hear we have managed to fulfill your expectations and make your vacation a memorable experience.
I sincerely hope, we may have the pleasure again in the future to welcome you back to our hotel, and make you feel cared for.

Best Regards,

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We had two rooms at the Hilton--one was nice the other just average. I would not stay in Buda again nor the Hilton. DId not find the staff to be friendly.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dmeh
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback which you recently posted on this website. It seems that we did not deliver the level of service which you expected from our hotel and I sincerely apologize for that. Instead of making your vacation with your family delightful, - which had been our main goal and desire – for some reasons we did not manage to make you feel valued and cared for.

As the General Manager of the hotel, I have taken the liberty of sending you a message in private to ask for your help in investigating why you did not find our team's attitude friendly and professional. I will discuss this matter with my Heads of Departments involved and promise to to find a solution to this problem soon.

At the end, I must thank you again for your valuable feedback, which -without a doubt- will assist us in providing higher level of service to all of our guests.

Best Regards,

Zoltán Árvai
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Very clean and lovely hotel on the Buda side. Be prepared to walk to all activities on Pest side, or take cab (the fares vary quite a bit). I am a Hilton Platinum member, so I did not receive free WiFi, but could have used wired Internet in rooms except that I have an iPad and the cable does not work with iPad. Did not get Internet access at all during my stay
! This would have been a huge problem if I'd been on a business trip.. I did not have breakfast included in my rate since I'm not Hilton Honors Gold. Restaurants in this area are very expensive for US residents. The rooms are very warm; the AC does not seem to be working. We would likely stay on the Pest side on our next visit.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback, I am grateful for sharing your review with us.
I am glad you found our hotel lovely and clean. However, I am really sorry to hear we did not manage to fulfill your expectaions from every aspect. Please let me advise, our Hilton Silver VIP guests are offered one bottle of mineral water during their stay free of charge. Should you wish to find out how many Hilton HHonor points are needed to get Hilton HHonors Gold VIP membership to be offered complimentary Hilton Breakfast, please feel free to contact us directly.
I am pleased to inform you, from next year our company is going to standardize the availablity of WI-FI in each Hilton hotel. Our IPad user guests will also be able to enjoy free internet access in all public areas very soon.
Concerning the best tips for dining out, I would kindly recommend to contact our Concierge team, pleased to offer many great and affordable places and also book your table.
Regarding the AC, thank you for your comments. Our Technical Department will continuously carry out the necessary maintenance.
Thank you once agian for staying with us. Our team is looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Best regards,

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Second visit to this location in two years. The hotel is always clean as a whistle and the attention only begins when you check in. From the Bellman to the Front desk staff to the team at the executive lounge you will not be disappointed. The Conceigre is top notch. If you have Hilton points I would suggest using them at this location and enjoy the benefits of the Executive Lounge. About 10 minutes from the downtown shopping, but the views of Paraliment, Chain bridge and the Pest side of town is incredible. Conrad Hilton knew a few things about location. You can walk to the public transportation or have a bellman arrange a taxi ride if you are so inclined. The Hilton arranges or settles on a price for travel to the airport so that you don't get ripped off and you get a great driver. Did I mention the Executive Lounge - yes its that good!!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room overlooking the Duna.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your positive review and sharing your feedback with us on this website. I wanted to personally respond and express my appreciation to you.

I am very glad to read that we managed to meet your needs and expectations. I was particularly happy to see that your impression of our staff from the Bell Captain the Executive Lounge team was good and you felt well taken care of during your stay.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the magnificant Buda Castle location of our hotel, the only Hilton hotel in the world situated in a UNESCO World Heritage site.

Your feedback is very important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service we provide you and all our guests. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope we may have the honour to welcome you back to the Hilton Budapest.

Thank you for staying with us.