We arrived on 27th December feeling frazzled from Christmas and needing some rest and relaxation and boy did we get it!!!
We were greeted by beautiful Christmas lights, a welcome sight in the dark and a warm welcome from reception who informed us they had given us an upgrade. Our room was on the 9th floor with beautiful views of the danube over to Buda. Beautifully clean and well equipped with great big bed, sofas, huge TV and fabulous bathroom. immensely hot though and we had our patio door open most of the time so we could sleep. The executive rooms have a private breakfast restaurant which was lovely with hot food cooked to order if requested by a very efficient lady who worked on her own and did everything.
The restaurant food was not the best I have ever had but as it was a buffet there was always something that you could have. The service was good in the restaurant and very polite so no complaints there.
The spa is something else. Robes provided in your room and entry is by room key card. Everything is spotless. Swimming pool, three different thermal pools of differing temperatures with loungers around the sides. A nice darkened relaxation area with sauna, steam and aromatherapy rooms. Beware the saunas are single sex which is not immediately noticeable so you could be embarrassed as I was if you go into the wrong one!!
We had massages and mud treatments which were excellent but I was disappointed with the beauty treatments which I thought were overpriced for what you got. I wished I had had another massage instead.
The bar area is lovely for the evening with an accomplished pianist who plays every night. Very attentive barman with a ready smile who made us feel very special.
The hotel is on an island which has beautiful walks and a running track all he way around. We saw lots of wildlife including red squirrels which was a treat. Some of the buildings have fallen into disrepair which is a shame but at night the views of the city are beautiful as the important buildings are lit up. We did a bus tour on our last day which the concierge booked for us and arranged a taxi to take us to the tour.
Unfortunately we had a lot of thick fog during our visit so did not see as much of the city as we would have liked. However that does give us a good excuse to go back and we would not hesitate to stay in this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget is the city’s leading spa hotel, making use of a natural thermal spring on tranquil Margaret Island. The hotel is just ten minutes from the city centre, and boasts state-of-the-art facilities (including indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, steam room, aroma cabin and thermal bath, fitness room, beauty salon) and a range of treatments to help you relax and recharge. You can cycle or play tennis on Margaret Island, take a Danube cruise or enjoy a healthy and tasty meal in the excellent hotel restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget Hotel Budapest
- Danubius Health Hotel Margitsziget
- Danubius Health Budapest