Hotel location is a bonus, the island is lovely to walk around. Hotel restaurant was closed so eat in the sister Grand hotel buffet one night and it was fine. Pools in the spa are a real bonus, great place to relax after some very hot days at the GP.
The fountain at the other end of the island is well worth a visit after dark to see the light show. Room was comfortable if a bit dated decor, but everything worked fine.
There are not many restaurants near the hotel, a couple at the other end of the island, we got took by mistake by a taxi driver to an all you can eat and drink Troffergrill that is only ten minutes walk from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you live in Budapest or have come from further afield, you are sure to fall in love with the atmosphere of this quiet island in the centre of the vibrant capital. It’s no coincidence that the Margaret Island wellness hotel, with its thermal water springs, has been the choice of generations! The hotel caters to visitors seeking medical treatments or wellness pampering, as well as those looking for a venue for their business event or wedding. Outside the hotel, guests can take part in various sporting activities (from running and rowing to tennis and cycling), while the footpaths connecting the historical sites of Margaret Island are perfect for a stroll. You may not want to return to everyday life after a visit to the island of peace! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget Hotel Budapest
- Danubius Health Hotel Margitsziget
- Danubius Health Budapest