“Great place to relax”
Review of Ambra Hotel

Ambra Hotel
Ranked #63 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Me and my friend stayed in this hotel for 5 days. I asked from the beginning the room on the top so we got a room on the last 6 floor which is for 3 people. So we got a really big room and big bathroom although we were only 2. It was clean, towels were changed every day. We loved the breakfast - the variety is not very big but it's more than enough! And u have opportunity to get free coffee, cappuccino, chocolate coffee and so on whenever u want! And of course snacks as well! It's really great service especially in the winter! The location is perfect - close to everything! The staff at the reception was helpful when we asked some information about palace outside Budapest. The girl called to the palace to learn about opening hours and so on.
I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alena G
hotelambra, General Manager at Ambra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Alena,
Thank you very much for your fantastic review. It was a pleasure for me to read your words of satisfaction mentioning our breakfast service staff and your room as well. We are also happy that you were delighted with our open-bar, and enjoyed the free tea/coffee and snacks facility.
I am sure that next time you will choose us again. It would be a pleasure for us to accommodate you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Ambra Hotel

A TripAdvisor Member
Wolcott, Connecticut
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

East walking to Hungarian State Opera House and New York Cafe! Ideally located in the "Old City" on the Pest side. Don't be put off by graffiti on the streets. Many small bars/restaurants to eat nearby. 4 stars only because there is no full restaurant (breakfast is included). Loved the church bells at noon!
Bernadette at the front desk is very efficient, friendly and full of suggestions. And many thanks to Nandor for the assistance with transportation from the airport to the hotel!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time and post your kind reply to Tripadvisor our Hotel. We are pleased that you had a great time in Budapest and were fully satisfied with our staff and services. On behalf of Bernadett and Nandor I would like to say thank you for mentioning their hospitality.
I hope you won't hesitate to choose us again next time!
Waiting You back!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Staying on Ambra Hotel in Budapeste was amasing, great service, friendly and helpfull staff, nice room pleanty of space, with a clean equiped bathroom. tastefull breakfast with large variety of foods. Close to center of city 5 minutes walking.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
hotelambra, General Manager at Ambra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Maravi,
I would like to thank you for sharing your comment of your previous stay at Best Western Plus Hotel Ambra. It is a pleasure for me to read your positive description of our staff and services.
Also thank you for highlighting to tastiness of richness of breakfast service.
I hope that we made a very good impact to you and we can welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Arrived late evening to find Andrea behind the counter with a welcome smile and a large prepared packet of tourist info. She was very helpful in explaining the free buffet breakfast, room policies and where to purchase currency. I found my room to be quite nice and quaint; clean and orderly. The buffet breakfast was everything I expected...........and more! Their 24-hour coffee/juice bar and free wi-fi fit right in with what I look for in lodging. The hotel is a small 37-room operation located literally seconds and minutes to shopping, food and nightlife. The street it's located on is nothing to write home about but the area is well-lit. As hit-and-miss goes when finding lodging in a foreign country, I'd list my experience as a "hit" because of the incredible staff (Borbola and Bernedette), soothing atmosphere and location as it refers to attractions. Sure, you can always find "fancier and more expensive" but you'd be hard-pressed to find "nicer, friendlier and more bang for the buck." I give them a "4" (just shy of a 5) only because of the few amenities offered. I will, without a doubt, stay here again! List me as a very satisfied customer!

Room Tip: The single elevator is typical "European-small" so try to score a first-floor room where t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ehcop

Dear Echop,
I can't be grateful enough for posting your fantastic review here at Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read your kind words about us! On behalf of the staff I can say that we cannot be happier that all of our services and the members of the staff fully exceeded your expectations. I am sure that your positive feedback will be very useful for our future guests.
If you are planning to visit Budapest again don't hesitate to contact us!

Best regards

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I had a short visit in Budapest and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. the staff were really helpful and lovely, especially reception staff. We had an amazing breakfast and there was a huge variety of food. The location of the hotel is good, it is close to some good restaurants and bars and the city centre. In summary I think that was a good decision to stay here and I'm sure I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
hotelambra, General Manager at Ambra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Szabolcs,
Thank you very much for your fabulous review. On behalf of the whole staff I can say that we are extremely delighted that you had a great time in our Hotel. Also thank you for mentioning the helpfulness and the professional service of the reception staff and the variety of the breakfast.
I am sure that you won't hesitate to choose us again if you come to Budapest!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed here in this hotel for two nights and booked the double deluxe room!! Here is my review!!

Positive

1) The ability to check in early honored at 10AM.. Even though the official check in time is 2PM..

2) The Room is huge, spotless and clean!! Very comfortable!!

3) The location is good!! just two minutes walk from the Opera house.. Though the location has its negative side as well

4) The breakfast is comprehensive, though I won't complain because of the price!!

5) The price is extremely affordable for a nice room!!

Negatives..

1) The location also has its negative side, it is located in quite an undesirable neighborhood.. there are many graffitis everywhere.. Furthermore, the place is quite difficult to find especially when its dark, the streets around this area is pretty dark!!

2) The toilet is actually quite smelly, otherwise, everything else is fine!!

Overall, this hotel exceeds my expectation and I will be back!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Stef,
Thank you very much for taking time to leave your positive feedback of your last stay in our Hotel.
Your detailed description could be very helpful for other future guests. I am pleased to read that you were fully satisfied with your room and with our breakfast service. You described the location excellently, the surrounding area is busy in the weekends because of its centre location.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back next time!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a relatively small hotel and we found our room, which was on the top with 2 dorma windows to be small and hot - the air conditioner struggled to keep up. The staff however, were lovely and helpful and the breakfast was good. The hotel does not have any good view, in fact, we walked out onto a small street with graffiti cover walls. There were some lovely quaint bars/easting places down the road and the hotel is very well situated with regards to a short walk to the centre of the town and the hop on hop off bus, which we also enjoyed. All in all I would not rate this as a 4 star hotel, but it was comfortable and clean and we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelambra, General Manager at Ambra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Anne,
Thank you very much for taking time to share your thoughts about your previous stay in Best Western Plus Hotel Ambra. I am a littlebit sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your room. The heating works centrally in the hotel however you can rule the temperature in your room on the radiator. Thank you for mentioning the friendliness of our staff and your satisfaction of the breakfast. Aside from the little incident of the room I hope we can welcome you again next time if you visit Budapest again!
Best regards