4 people are viewing this hotel
Marriott Hotels$191
Hotels.com$191
FindHotel$199
3,899 results
All reviews the executive lounge danube river chain bridge buda castle corner suite within walking distance city concierge tram
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2019

Just stayed there for two nights after a Backroads/AmaWaterways biking/cruising vacation on the Danube river. The room was very nice, spacious, great view of the Danube. Breakfast was awesome! You cannot beat the location. Used Bonvoy points and it was easy. Nice staff.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Javanomad
Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights and loved the location.
Short stroll to Chain Bridge and restaurants closed by . Views from room was spectacular . Would highly recommend for a stay visiting Budapest . Breakfast was a fantastic spread .

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank bigwilie_4163
Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights for work.

The best aspect is the location - sits right on the Danube foreshore with great views up and down the river.

The Club Lounge also has a great terrace - although it was very busy - but a really good spot to sit and have a drink and do some work and unwind.

Rooms have the same views (at least on higher floor). Rooms aren’t that big - but really well designed and set out. Bedding really soft and comfortable and functional areas - a nice lounge by the window. Heaps of USB charging points. A rain shower would be a nice touch.

Gym is almost commercial standard - pull up station, kettlebells, rowers, heaps of space. A few personal trainers hanging around, however.

Really good breakfast spread - good, well stocked buffet - good range and quality. Not too overrun either which was nice. Had dinner one night - decent as well.

Good service throughout.

Overall - a really good stay. The refurbishments have resulted in a well designed and functional hotel. Just does the little things right - has good service and has hit the mark for things that can make or break a stay. Will definitely return.

3  Thank 715mattg
Reviewed July 27, 2019

I had my son and my sister to come and visit Europe for a few days. One of those days we went to have a small dinner at the Marriott Hotel.
I have eaten in several restaurants in Hungary and "for tourists" (I know that I will get angry fans saying that the food is not authentic) the Hungarian Goulash soup that hey are serving and the artisan bread together with the salt, butter and paprika is one of the best food ever!
enough about the food. we got lucky to be tended to by Mate Mrazik and his team. My Son was very pleased with the service and my sister too. is all about that when we take pour family to a place and Mate got it to a "T". he did great, a very enjoyable dinner and he shared a shot of Palinka to show appreciation for our visit. what else can be said? extraordinary service. Thank you again for a great evening and great memories.

Room tip: all rooms are great, Members of the Marriott rewards program, you get perks like high floor rooms and late checkout. :)
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Saul M
Reviewed July 27, 2019

I have been going to the Marriot for the past ten years for Coffee and Cake as their lobby area speaks volumes about Hungary. The furniture is comfortable and bold. Beautiful sofas you can get lost in along with so many armchairs just begging for you to sit and enjoy the many cakes on offer. What a relaxing atmosphere. Because of this atmosphere I have often recommended the Marriot to my friends from overseas and they have enjoyed the hotel. I have just returned to Budapest after a seven month hiatus and was shocked and horrified to see that after a complete renovation of the lobby area the Marriot had become any lobby in any three star hotel. I suspect Ikea had a hand in this along with an architect/interior designer who had spent way too many hours watching The Jetsons on the tele. None of the furniture is welcoming and the cakes are all gone. Even the little newspaper stand has been relegated to a side closet behind the front desk. I talked to some of the staff at the hotel and they agreed that it was a disaster. What the heck were they thinking. The front desk is quite austere and it seems that any feeling of homliess/welcomeness is totally gone. I have just recommended the Marriot to friends coming from overseas but not as enthusiastically as I did before. A view does not make a hotel! I have often eaten at the hotel restaurant and I am sure the food is still very good along with the rooms so the three stars are well deserved. How anyone let this happen is still beyond me.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank PeacekeeperMB
NicolasO1178, Guest Services Manager at Budapest Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2019

Dear PeacekeeperMB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Budapest Marriott Hotel with us.

We would like to let you know, that all of your notes are very important and helpful to us, in order to maintain the high value standards and services, provided by the Marriott Hotels & Apartments worldwide.

I regret that we provided you with bad service and a poor customer experience—it is the exact opposite of what we pride ourselves on. We value our customers and understand how important it is to offer exceptional service.

We have noted your comments on items we have to improve on and on which we can certainly do better.

You are always welcome to return to us.

Regards,