5 people are viewing this hotel
Marriott Hotels$187
FindHotel$194
Orbitz.com$187
3,899 results
All reviews the executive lounge danube river chain bridge buda castle corner suite within walking distance city concierge tram
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is very well located, along the river with amazing views of the Buda Castle and Chain Bridge. It is within walking distance to the city centre, with shopping and restaurants at the doorstep. The rooms are nice, comfortable and spacious.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 219pingg
Reviewed July 17, 2019

Just sitting outside on the Marriott terrace overlooking the grand waterway, was a delight. This hotel had a nice touch...great servers, clean and modern place and couldn’t be a more perfect location. The food was very yummy and great cocktails... A Starbucks adjacent to the hotel. Perfect! Walking distance to shopping, outdoor restaurants and perfect scenery. Really liked Budapest. Awesome place. Felt very safe walking at night in the downtown core. I recommend Budapest to people like me who never had any notion of visiting. My husband and I were taking a cruise on Scenic and this was our pickup point and first city to explore. We flew from Toronto and this was a great first place to see. Had a delicious homemade cabbage and carrot soup when we arrived and it felt like home. Just what we needed after a long flight. Oh of course a Starbucks helped too.

3  Thank 49Rita49
Reviewed July 17, 2019 via mobile

We have just returned from a fantastic 5 night stay here. We tried out our "Suite Award" and arrived to find we had been allocated a fantastic corner suite on high floor with balcony, affording the most amazing views of the Danube!
Being severely gluten allergic I had contacted the hotel in advance to inform them I would be coming I was assured by Judit, (Executive Assistant to the GM), that everyone would be informed and that I would be able to eat safely.... this indeed was the case!
We mostly ate in the M Club Lounge, enjoying the amazing views whilst enjoying a drink, in the evenings. Tunde, (M Club Lounge Manager) was brilliant. She was assisted by Hanna and the whole team were amazingly attentive. Tunde ensured that if the food in the lounge was not gluten-free, that something was brought up for me from the kitchen that I could safely eat. Some of the staff were trainees... Abel made a very mean Mojito!! Danilo, Roland and Mariyas looked after us so well, thanks guys!
The food was amazing and the drinks flowed!! The house speciality of flavoured brandy infused with a variety of ingredients was such a nice touch too!
We elected to have breakfast downstairs in the restaurant where we were abley catered for by Executive Head Chef Konstantinos and Executive Sous Chef Norbert. They directed their team to provide amazing gluten free pancakes and the best muffins I've ever had!! The the whole team were amazingly helpful and couldn't do enough to make me feel safe with the allergy. All staff worked incredibly hard and the food was attractively displayed, plentiful and extremely tasty! Thank you and well done to you all!
Housekeepers did a great job too. The room looked immaculate everyday and the Turndown Assistants arrived each evening bearing chocolates and little surprise gifts!
I have a back problem and we found the bed incredibly comfortable as well the pillows....which is so unusual!!
This was our first trip to Budapest. At the airport, we purchased a weekly travel pass, which cost around £15 and used it for all our public transport. If you are over 65 or transport is free.
We climbed up to the Citadel, visited the Castle, some of the Cathedrals, took a long cruise down the river on the water bus (again free using the weekly ticket) and generally enjoyed wandering the city.
We quickly fell in love with this wonderful city and had the very best time. And we clearly stated at the best hotel!!
We can't wait to return! Thanks everyone!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank G3Queen
Reviewed July 15, 2019 via mobile

Perfect location in the heart of the city with a Danube facing room. Walking distance from the shopping street, and other main attractions. Great staff, excellent food. Worth to visit the executive lounge on the roof top for the best sunset with the castle and chain bridge in the background.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank SzabinaK38
Reviewed July 14, 2019

The hotel is located in the heart of city with the Danube river at door steps . The staff is friendly and attentive.The rooms are cleaned the food is good and the wine is excellent .I strongly recommend anyone to stay here.It's closed to major monuments .My gratitude to Laura and Csaba keep up the good work!!!!
Fondly ,
Teresa Nadeau Boston Mass. USA

Room tip: High floor
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple