4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$192
Marriott Hotels$192
FindHotel$200
3,899 results
All reviews the executive lounge danube river chain bridge buda castle corner suite within walking distance city concierge tram
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2016

This hotel was booked for us through our cruise ship. If you look at it from the front it's not an attractive building and from the back it's an eyesore. However, once inside it's completely different. It's in an excellent location looking out at the river Danube. The views from the rooms on the left side (when you look at the hotel from the river) are probably the best but the views from others are also good. THe bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The check in and out were very quick. There's a good range of food for breakfast and you can sit out on the terrace or eat indoors. It's a pity there's not a no-smoking area outside but this seems to be an issue with most of the restaurants and hotels in Budapest. It's easy to walk to the hop-on hop-off bus stop, the city centre with lots of restaurants, the shops and of course near the cruise ships. I'd definitely recommend the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 730kayr
Rick E, Guest Relations Manager at Budapest Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2016

Dear 730kayr,

Thanks for your great review. I’m glad our hotel and staff was what you’ve come to expect from Marriott. We take your satisfaction very seriously and will always work hard for you. We hope to see you again soon and enjoy everything our convenient location offers.

All the best,

Reviewed September 8, 2016

I was participating a wedding at this hotel. Outside the building looks old, but inside everything was perfect .
The ball room itself is very nice, especially the veiw from the there and from the balcony is amazing . You have the Castle, Danube , Chain Bridge, etc. just opposite of you. Amazing . I 've never seen such a spectacular view in my life.
The service and the staff was not only professional but very motivated and nice.
Normally after the midnight all the personal became tired, bored and annoyed by the "strange" , a bit drunk guests . Not here . Even at 4.30 a.m . the bartender , the waiters were very nice, helpful , and their approach made the entire wedding perfect .
Congratulation and thanks for all the staff made us happy at the N+P wedding this weekend. Thanks to all of you !

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear TomBudapest,

I am delighted to read your compliments of the friendliness and dedication of our colleagues. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your personal experience and acknowledge our efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 7, 2016

I liked this hotel alot. It sits right along the danube and it has direct access to the boardwalk.

I arrived like midday. And it I was able to sleep for a few hours like nothing. The room got nice and dark despite how bright it was outside.

The bed was comfy, pillows billowy, and the sheets were soft. It was heaven.

I woke around 9PM. Walked out to the boardwalk and it was bustling with people. It was wednesday and there was lots of action. Across the way under the light rail and across the street was a really nice restaurant that sits on the water.

I also like that my tour had a stop like down the boardwalk. The boat tour was across the way too. The bridge was a 5 minute walk. You cross and then boom there's the funicular to the castle. Vaci street is literally a block away. Circumvent to the right and walk about 3 minutes and boom. Restaurants and shopping. A citibank ATM.

I mean this place is really in the middle of all the action.

For the elite members, it's probably one of the nicer Executive Lounges with a sweet rooftop patio that over looks the Danube. It was quite spectacular. I caught a nice sunset while drinking a beer. Very nice way to unwind after a day of sightseeing. They only did breakfast, but the lounge was open every day til midnight. Pretty uncommon.

I also enjoyed a couple meals at their "Peppers" restaurant. Pretty Good. I mean you can stay here and eat fine. or you can walk out to the boardwalk... its really convenient.

I had a great relaxing time here. I would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank seventwosix

Dear Sammy C,

Thank you for your post. We take pride in serving our guests and I'm happy we were able to exceed your expectations. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed September 7, 2016

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott Hotel in Budapest for two nights Pre our European river cruise. The hotel is situated right on the Danube river opposite a beautiful palace. The rooms were well maintained and well worth their five star rating. The hotel service was excellent with efficient reception personnel with excellent English. The meals and reception area have wonderful views of the Danube. Great hotel.

Room tip: Views of the Danube are the best.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor333340

Dear Trevor333340,

Thank you for your great feedback and I'm delighted we were able to meet your expectations. It was a pleasure having you with us and I hope you will return in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

I traveled with a group of eight and changed out reservation from the Budapest Mercure to the Marriott a few days before we arrived because we were hesitant about the quality of the Mercure due to mixed reviews. We paid about €75 more per night but are glad we made the change. We were able to be dropped off by our bus driver instead of pulling our luggage down the street to the Mercure since there's no car access to that hotel. Our Marriott room overlooked the Danube, as did everyone's in our group. The beds were very comfortable as well as the pillows. The room was spacious and well air-conditioned.. The only downfall was that our window overlooking the Danube needed to be cleaned for a better view and the Marriott breakfast was 50 euros per room, per day. We decided to enjoy the various outdoor cafés around our hotel each morning instead and dined for about a third of what we would have paid at the hotel for breakfast. We had a very nice outdoor dining choices on the Danube to select from for dinner each evening and didn't have to travel far for a great meal. It helped that the weather was perfect and we were within walking distance to all the places we dined. We all would highly recommend the Marriott and know we paid about €75-€100 more per night by staying at one of the hotels neighboring the Marriott. if you're taking the night river cruise on the legend, Pier 7 is right outside the Marriott's front door, which was an added bonus.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Molehead

Dear Molehead,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. Your extensive review will be very helpful for future guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your time at our property. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!

Best Regards,