3,428 results
All reviews the executive lounge danube river peppers restaurant great location chain bridge buda castle viking cruise within walking distance buda side royal palace christmas market breakfast buffet elizabeth bridge vaci street wonderful hotel fisherman's bastion beautiful city
Reviewed July 27, 2009

This hotel was a top flight property all the way. From the time we checked in (quick and efficient) to the time we left we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room- Impeccably cleaned each day, even had extra towels and shampoo/lotion brought up every day without question. The staff all spoke excellent english and were very accommodating.

Service- The staff was friendly, competent, courteous and overall a joy to be around. They even helped our friends find a late night pizza place that delivered after their kitchen was closed. The bar was well stocked and reasonably priced and the complimentary breakfast with our rate was phenomenal.

Location- Prime location our room had a view of the Elizabeth bridge, Citadel, and the Buda side. Short walk to all major attractions.

Overall this was a great property that made our trip even better than we had planned.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dales5209
Reviewed July 27, 2009

A must stay if you are traveling to Budapest. Located on the river. Great views of the chain bridge from your room. Great location within walking distance to all tourist attractions. Great price. Breakfast is over the top but expensive if not included in your room price. Two minor negatives. 1) Marriott screwed up my bill at check out which resulted in 30 min conversation about my agreed upon rate. 2) Concierge was not very helpful. Limited knowledge of area or lack of interested in lending a helping hand resulted in poor recommendations. Overall great hotel for the price!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lzw2v7
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Nice hotel but they may charge your credit card for use at the minibar or any other facility without any authorization or what so ever for something that you didn't buy or use.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GeorgeLeonidou
Reviewed July 16, 2009

Stayed at this hotel as friends were getting married and having reception in it.

The room is very clean and a good standard. The bed is extremely comfortable and the view is amazing. I was expecting a chocolate on my pillow (lol) or a kettle to make tea and coffee (used to this in the UK) or even a complementary bottle of water when I arrived as stayed at five star hotels before. The bathroom had a bad smell but when I walked about Budapest I realised that it must be from the river and you get used to it.

The breakfast is very good and the hotel restaurant and bar at night has a lovely vibe and view. This was good, especially having a 2 year old with us.

I wouldn't say that that the staff were warm but they were polite and efficient. Maybe they aren't used to having young children at the hotel. There wasn't a swimming pool and next time I think I would choose a hotel with this. My daughter got her foot stuck under the swirling door as it doesn't stop automatically if you bump it and the automatic doors opened a little too quickly for our liking as it gave her a fright. I think in the UK I am used to excellent health and safety standards.

The location is excellent as close to everything and there were great walks everywhere.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank ScotTracy
Reviewed June 26, 2009

The Marriott Hotel on the banks of the Danube on the Pest side with every room overlooking the Danube was wonderful, and I could walk along the Danube promenade at night without fear as it was well lighted and there were many people out and about and many restaurants. The Marriott maintains a fleet of taxi drivers so it was very reassuring to take one of their taxis and then the driver would return to pick me up after the performance. One time the performance ran overtime and the driver waited 3/4 hour for me!

The buffet breakfast (7500 HUF=about $37) is the most bountiful but expensive that I have ever experienced. However, I cannot eat that much for breakfast so I chose the cold buffet, which is also expensive at 5100 HUF=about $25. Additionally, the price for internet access is excessively high.

However, room rates are reasonable. The hotel has an executive floor with drinks, coffee/tea/water, food available all day and evening.

Taxi fares and concert, theatre, opera tickets are very inexpensive...at least when compared to prices in Boston, New York, Paris, Vienna, etc.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo