“Take along a lot of extra money to pay for anything but sleep!”

Budapest Marriott Hotel
Ranked #33 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is a pretty nice hotel on the Danube with a view. Standard Marriott rooms and bedding. It all ends there. Room cleaning service iis minimal upon request. Internet is available for a fee, but don't put your credit card away, TV News, (not movies) can also be bought. If you want to get the 'Seinfeld Soup Nazi' on your problem, press the "At Your Service" button on phone. Do not attempt to make calls outside the hotel yourself, the "nazi" will not allow it. Wake up calls are only accepted at reasonable hours, for the hotel staff! Water leaking through the bathroom wall, from the room above? I will not stay here again and I don't recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask what it will actually cost you to stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank johrene
Rick E, General Manager at Budapest Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Thank you for taking time to rate our hotel after your visit with us.

We do respect your views and the service we provide to our guests should not be influenced whether or not there is an intention to write a review.

I am so sorry for your disappointment with your recent stay.
I have taken good note of all your remarks and please be assured that your comments will be carefully considered.
Our goal is to deliver the best guest experience possible. As you can see from other TripAdvisor comments, what you experienced is certainly not the norm.

Also I have reached out to you via private message in order to have an opportunity to offer my sincere apologies directly.
I am sorry that you feel you will not return to stay at the hotel. If you should change your mind in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me personally so that I can ensure you have a wonderful and relaxing stay.

Yours Sincerely,

Rick Enders

Write a ReviewReviews (3,123)

Reviewed April 5, 2014

enjoyed a two night stay early in April. Whilst the hotel is very `corporate` in style, the service was excellent, bedrooms extremely comfortable and well sized, and the views superb. Staff at breakfast couldnt be more helpful, and the hotel is in a great position on the riverfront. Wifi is available for free in the reception...but could make it freely available in rooms!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rick E, General Manager at Budapest Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit overall.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2014

We have stayed in Marriott Hotels all over the world.
Both for work and pleasure.
The Budapest Marriott is one of the best.
You pick a topic and the answer will be, "One of the best".
Location, cleanliness, professional & courteous staff, value, etc., etc.
The Executive Lounge is outstanding in all aspects.
Tram 2 runs in front of the hotel's river side, and connects to the metro lines.

Room Tip: All rooms face the Danube River
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am so happy to read your kind words.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We arrived after a ten hour flight. Check in was quick and easy. The view from our room was beautiful. Breakfast was good. Nice bathroom. Real kingsize bed was comfortable. While the evening meal at the restaurant was quite good, the waitress did not know the specials. It is a good idea to read them before being seated. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Buttle2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your most recent visit with us and I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel.
I hope you will visit us again soon.

Genral Manager

Reviewed April 4, 2014

I had the best view from my room. I could see the Chain Bridge, the old palace and the church up on the hill on the Buda side. The room I stayed in is not parallel to the Danube River, and at first I thought I got a room with a bad view, but actually it was better since the rooms that are parallel to the river are directly in front of random buildings and houses. The location of Marriott is not directly in front of the palace, bridge and the church which are lit up and wonderful to see. Therefore, from the rooms parallel to the river, you cannot enjoy the view at night. My room was at the side and not along the line of the river. I had an awesome view from my bed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the view from the hotel.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

A great hotel on the Danube river with fantastic views of the Royal Palace (even more spectular at night). The rooms were nice and clean, although not very quiet (i.e., private) as I could hear my neighbors talking. The concierge lounge was wonderful and well stocked with treats. It was open everyday, but unfortunately did not remain open all night as I have seen in some other Marriotts; but to be fair, many others not only close early but also are not available on weekends, so this one is better than those). The lounge was comfortable and the AQVA bar was awesome. Great late night food (try the delicious goulash and tasty bread) and pretty decent mojitos. The hotel is within walking distance of many attractions. The staff are wonderful. Overall, a wonderful hotel and one I will certainly return to on my next trip to the beautiful city of Budapest.

Room Tip: All rooms face the Danube
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Anthony K

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit.
I am delighted to hear that youhad a wonderful visit enjoying all of our amenities as well as the Aqva Lounge Bar and the Executive Lounge.

I hope to have future opportunities to welcome you all back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights after Eastern European Viking cruise. Very happy! Reception and business center staff and concierge were so responsive and pleasant. Excellent view of Danube from 9th floor room that was clean and comfortable. Great location and breakfast spread! Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Quiet &higher floor room is best.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your recent visit.
We look forward to future opportunities to welcome you both back.