3,395 results
All reviewsthe executive loungedanube riverpeppers restaurantgreat locationchain bridgebuda castleviking cruisewithin walking distancebuda sideroyal palacechristmas marketbreakfast buffetelizabeth bridgevaci streetwonderful hotelfisherman's bastionbeautiful city
Reviewed January 4, 2012

There are better hotels for far less. Paid extra for a river view and it was half blocked by part of the Marriott hotel that was sticking out. They didn't even have a coffee machine in the room. They wanted me to upgrade the room for an extra 65 euros (or somethings around that) and then I could have a room with a coffee maker. Total BS. The internet was not free. In fact it was a fortune if you needed it. For what this place charged I was expecting bells and whistles but it was the equivalent to a run of the mill Budget Inn with softer pillows.

Also please note that all of the cool stuff is across the bridge in the castle district and the view that everyone wants is the hungarian parliament building, not the view of the castle district. If you are going to drop the bucks for a nice hotel stay on the other side of the river and try to get a room with a view of the parliament building. My best recommendation is Hotel Hilton on that side and then you'll be basically in the parking lot of the top 2 attractions plus have the best view of the parliament building.

Room Tip: Just don't
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank hil g
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Due to late incoming train, we arrived late in the evening on New Years Eve. We got a smoking room at the lowest floor, even though I reserved a non-smoking room, with a request for high floor.
Stayed there for three nights. One day the tv didn't work (well, it worked, but no tv channels were available). I guess it was some kind of network bug.
Internet quite expensive, and also slow. No water boiler/coffee maker in the room.
Breakfast extremely overpriced.
Bathroom and amenities is not up to 5-star standards.
Location is as good as it gets in Budapest, but I would probably prefer the next door Intercontinental (with basically the same view), if returning to Budapest.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Perfect location, great lounge, great bar, big comfortable rooms, very good breakfast... what else do you need?

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Had a wonderful 3 nights stay in this hotel. Perfect location, great public areas, nice comfortable room, beautiful view. Staff could not have been more helpful or professional. The service at the reception, concierge and room service were excellent.
Definitely will back!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I was two days on business at the Marriott Budapest, and even though the hotel has some basic Marriott standards which makes it somehow simililar to other ones I´ve been in the past, there were some things I didn´t liked at all:

- safety: I don´t feel safe at all in the sense that you don´t see any type of control at the entrance, everybody can go to the lobby bar and then have easy access to the rest of the hotel. Somehow, what I didn´t liked is the fact that one night, I came very late from a business dinner, walked through the lobby, at the reception, lobby bar, and went to the elevators, and there was simply nobody. Nothing. I could have been a guest from the hotel or not......I think that basic security is key in hotels which pretend to be "5 stars"

- the second night, also after a business dinner in a restaurant nearby (Cafe Mocca - 100% recommended - if in Budapest, a must go !!!!!!!), I went with one of my partners and one customer to the bar of the hotel to have a more "relaxed" business discussion. The bar has a great view to the river and castle, but is also very close to the door of the hotel. Outside the hotel, at the door, even in the property (not on the sidewalk) there were 4 prostitutes waiting for customers (the same ones I saw at the main entrance, the night before when I came very laate to the hotel). I found this absolutely disturbing, and surprising, because it is clear to me that this ladies could not be there without the "acceptance" of the hotel personnel, and even though I also know that it is normal that certain services are offered, this time I found disturbing the way and the place. Never seen something similar in other places.

- some parts of the hotel, and at least the room where I stayed needs urgently an in depth cleaning of the carpets.

On the positive side, the location is great, absolutely perfect, breathtaking views to the Danube, very good breakfast, and a very beautiful atmosphere at the lobby with a lot ot aroma-candles. In my case (with an agreed corporate rate) the price was really good, and almost 50% of what I pay for other Marriotts like the one in Canary Wharf (London) or Frankfurt.

Next time in Budapest, will try the Intercontinental which is very close to the Marriott.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business