“noisy, dusty, cold scrambled egg”

The Three Corners Hotel Art
Ranked #47 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Pro:

Great location, really near Raday and Vaci, plenty of cafes, bars and restaurants nearby

Its inexpensive and if, like us, your concern was more with seeing the city and having somewhere to grab a (very limited) kip and a shower, this place will do for a couple of nights

Cons:
The area around the hotel is undergoing a lot of renovation at the moment, and workmen kicked off their shift on the building bang opposite the hotel just after 5am - even with the windows shut, sleep was impossible once they started; its also really dusty on the street outside and we got completed covered in plaster dust whilst waiting for our taxi back to the airport

We booked a triple room, and whilst there were three beds in the room we had to climb over them to get to the bathroom, the window or the wardrobe - there was literally a square metre of floor space

On both mornings of our stay, the eggs (scrambled and fried) were freezing cold and tasted strongly of fish. I'm not sure whether they were supposed to be hot - they were in lidded metal containers afterall - but I'd certainly avoid them.

Room Tip: Ask for something at the back of the building if you don't want to be woken at 5.30am by workmen...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank gemmam2402
BWArtHotel, Front Office Manager at The Three Corners Hotel Art, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear gemmam2402!

Thank you very much for your review.
I am sad that you were disappointed with our services.
We will continue to evaluate our services and offerings to ensure that our guests receive the best experience and leave our hotel with some positive memories.
We have changed some equipments in our Breakfast area, so there should be no more cold eggs, or any other items that should be hot.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I've chosen this hotel for you trip to Budapest because of two things: good location and Best Western chain, which is my preferred to stay around the world. Location is really good: Metro3 is around the corner, Danube embankment and Vaci ut are 3-5 minutes walk, center of Pest is 10 minutes walk. My expectation from Best Western was that I will be able to have a good rest after exploring the city and this wasn't really true.

You stay up until 11pm at least, because of two bistros just under your window and windows are not soundproof at all. Than you sleep and wake up at 6am because of garbage pickup truck outside (remember about windows). Than at 8am vacuum cleaning in the hotel starts with no respect to sleeping guests.

Moreover when we decided to do some laundry it wasn't brought to our room, but we had to go and seek for it on the reception. This is done because for some reason they do not include it into your hotel bill, but force you to pay cash on spot.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Konstantin S
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Konstantin S!

Thank you for writing a review about the Hotel, I am sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations, but let me comment on your letter.

In all rooms we have sound and light proof curtains, we are located in a pedestrian area so we usually do not have any noise, I have sent a letter to the restaurants in the neighbourhood to take caution regarding loud guests or music.

The Housekeeping department starts vacuum cleaning only after 10:00, your comment is under investigation and we will make all necessary action to avoid similar situations.

I would like to apologise again for all inconveniences that has occurred in the hotel and I hope that later we will be able to prove that we are a good hotel with great services.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

The misadventure started 4 months ago when I decided to go with this hotel at the expense of another one (a 4*) in the same district of Budapest.The reason was plain and simple: the BW claimed to offer smoking rooms.So after making the booking (with an international on-line wholesaler) I called the hotel to see if my requests could be met.Double bed ? No problem.Smoking room?Yes,of course! NO IF-S OR BUT-S. Knowing the rabid discrimination against smokers in the so-called civilized part of EU,I repeated this procedure one month later,and yet again one month later,and another month later,and two days before arrival as well.I got the same positive feedback from the front desk every time,so I rested on my laurels,at ease that finally I would have a smoking room for my holiday.

Surprise,surprise at the moment of check-in a very innocent young lady told us the smoking rooms are "fully booked" so we have to take a non smoking room or....fill in the blanks
Working in a travel agency and booking hotels for hundreds of people daily,I know that the worst case scenario is lying to a customer.Have i been told in my numerous conversations that there is a chance the smoking room would not be a certitude,I would have gone with a different choice of hotel.
For this,and only for this the BW gets a measly one point.This grave act of misconduct left a bitter taste but happily it did not spoil my wonderful experience of Budapest.It is a very lovely city,worthy of visiting.
Good night,Best western and never again,wherever you are.

PS : for those traveling during the month of May 2012 and maybe June as well,beware of the building being renovated just across the entrance.There is so much dust being generated that your black t-shirt turns to white in a matter of seconds .So take the exit and run :)

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on last floor.The windows are puny and you might find that the handle comes off (like I...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Karlyis
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Karlyis!

There was a construction in front of the Hotel for 3 weeks, they have repainted the building in front, there was some dust, but we agreed with the construction company that they can only start the work after 11:00 to avoid any loud noise.

The Hungarian laws decided to decrease the areas where smoking is allowed, the country is acting according to the EU laws.

We have installed a new system at the front desk where we can keep all reservation updated for smoking rooms.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We spent a wonderful week in this quiet and cosy venue. Very well located for people aged over 60 wanting to visit the main monuments at walking distance, even in Buda.
Clean and sunny rooms, well-equiped bathroom, Nice breakfast and restaurant.
Very helpful staff (for instance for booking the airport shuttle or the ticket to Szchechenyi spa). We didn't try their French (our language), but their English was very satisfactory.

Room Tip: we were lucky enough to be upgraded to room 53 which happens to be an apartment with a lovely sight...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul S
BWArtHotel, Front Office Manager at The Three Corners Hotel Art, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Paul S!

Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you where please with our services and I hope we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Very easy access by bus (200) and metro (M3) to Kálvin tèr and from there very short walk to hotel. Great location good metro and tram connections to everywhere. Short distances by walk also.
Very nice hotel. Everything in good shape, very clean and absolutely most helpful staff. Very good breakfast. Lot of restaurants near. Famous and very interesting Market Hall only some hunderts meters from hotel.
Easy choice for our next visit to Budapest! Great value for money.

Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank KariR349

Dear KariR349 !

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Only a short walk from the shopping district, restaurants and the reception are happy to call taxis for you. We had a triple room and a double room, both excellent for the price and the large windows gave a fantastic view of Budapest snowing! Ensuite bathrooms were nice and cleaned daily, but our shower would drain properly which ended up in flooding. Staff responded quick and it was fine. WiFi wasn't always strong, but loved the egg bread for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank l1ttlelaura
BWArtHotel, Front Office Manager at The Three Corners Hotel Art, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear l1ttlelaura!

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Hotel was clean and warm, staff very friendly and helpful. We had booked a twin room but ended up with a delightful two twin bedded "suite" with shared bathroom. Restaurant very pleasant. Breakfast was good in that plenty of food and plenty of variety supplied but the hot food was kept in chafing dishes with no heaters underneath and therefore got cold quite quickly. Communal seating area is very samll and not overly welcoming but that is due mainly to the building itself. That said we were there on a combination of business and sightseeing and therefore did not spend very much time in the hotel. Our only wish was tea making facilities in the room. However facilities were adequate for the purpose and we enjoyed our visit very much. That you for your hospitality.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Nicki M
BWArtHotel, Front Office Manager at The Three Corners Hotel Art, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Dear Nicki M !

I would like to inform you you have been places to an apartment room with an upgrade that we were able to make, the room did not have a shared bathroom, it is the bathroom to your room only.