“Cannot fault”

The Aquincum Hotel Budapest
Ranked #125 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night last week and I really cannot fault it. It is located on the Buda side of the city, facing Marguerite Island on the Danube and has easy access to all parts of the city. I stayed in a executive bedroom which was very large and the bed very comfortable (exec room also have access to the Executive Lounge which offers breakfast - the made to order omlette was delicious), only comment was the room was quite warm. Dinner in the restaurant was fantastic, excellent quality and utterley delicious. Spent a morning in the spa with thermal pools, saunas, steam rooms and fantastic treatments.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
ManagementBudapest, General Manager at The Aquincum Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel and share your experiences.

We were pleased to read that you were happy with your stay at our hotel and we highly appreciate your kind comments in regard to the executive room, the dinner and the spa area.

Please be assured that we will at all times do everything to please and even anticipate the needs of our guests.

In the hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Aquincum Hotel Budapest in the not too distant future, we remain with our best regards,

There are newer reviews for The Aquincum Hotel Budapest

Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and i had a pleasant stay.we stayed for 3 nights location is excellent, it is close to the river, and is within the inner town. From the moment we walked in, we feel welcome by everyone on duty. The staffs were friendly and always there to help you.Fabulous spa service and outstanding breakfast buffet. The room was relaxing and comfortable.Very cool and modern hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Francess C

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your recent stay at The Aquincum Hotel Budapest.

It is very important for us to understand how effectively we meet our guests' needs in order to make sure that we are able to constantly improve the standards of our services.

We were pleased to read that you were happy with your stay at our hotel and we highly appreciate your kind comments in regard to our staff and the services provided, the spa area, the breakfast buffet and the room.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I spent a week at Aquincum 18 - 25 November 2013 and I will give you my honest opinion of this Hotel. If you are 2 or so persons at the airport, I suggest you use the Aiprort Suttle since they deliver you to the hotel and it much cheaper but you will share the van with maybe a few other travellers.

When I checked in the hotel upgraded me to a room facing the Danube since I was staying 7 nights, very nice. They do charge you a deposit fee on arrival but that fee is returned to you on checkout, if all is well. If there is a delay with your deposit then the fault lies with your bank, not the hotel. To avoid this I gave them cash and it was given back to me at checkout.

The hotel is about 4 miles form the city center. They do have shuttle car but the times are inconvenient. You can use the HEV which is just across from the hotel and that will take you to the city center in about 20 minutes. Once you know how to use the metro , it is very easy to get around Pest.

I did use the thermal baths and they were very good. I did not go to breakfast but I am sure that they were good.

I found the rooms a bit hot at night but I adjusted and no problems for me.

You can get to a beautiful small town Sezentre in 20 minutes from the hotel. Go.

The hotel staff were all excellent. My only disappointment was not being able to rent bikes but the season was over and I was also planning to go on the island but it rained that day.

I will tell you honestly that I got value for money at this hotel and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: there are a few good restaurants close by.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BikerToronto

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel and share your experiences.

We were pleased to read that you were happy with your stay at our hotel and we highly appreciate your kind comments in regard to our rooms, spa area and the staff and their services provided.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We had a really pleasant stay in Aquincum hotel. Rooms are clean nad spacious, but a wooden furniture needs some refreshment, it is really old. Aquincum stuff was very kind and helpful, both at reception, bar and restaurant. We had one of the best breakfasts ever, really exceptional! The location of a hotel is not very convenient; points of interest are not in a walking distance, especially not in a late autumn. Train station is close to the hotel, not very nice, but the easiest to reach main attractions. For travelers who need transportation to airport I suggest taxi (buy return ticket at the airport and hotel stuff will make reservation for your departure). For a night life, I recommend Kehli restaurant, just near the hotel, well known restaurant with traditional Hungarian dishes and live Gypsy music!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementBudapest, General Manager at The Aquincum Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel and share your experiences in Trip Advisor.

We were pleased to read that you were happy with your stay at our hotel and we highly appreciate that you highlighted on the cleanliness of the room. Thank you for your nice comments for our staff and the services provided. We were happy to read that you liked our breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just returned from 4 nights staying at Aquincum Hotel, Budapest. Arranged airport pick-up and drop-off extremely easily, check-in and out was stress free and efficient, information from reception was accurate and forthcoming. Room was clean and functional however, shower screen was a little short and no matter how careful, overspray was inevitable. Found the bed and pillows to be too soft but that's only a personal preference. I know people don't go to Budapest to watch TV but the hotel could provide a more rounded package for international choice instead of news and local soap operas. Even though the hotel location is a little 'out of town', transport links are so good it was never an issue. Hotel Spa and other facilities were first class, restaurant good and breakfast was more than anyone could hope for. Would recommend this hotel for short stay; no good if clients want everything on door-step.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 106; outlook was toward the rear of the hotel, nice and quiet. Careful of shower scre...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richielec

Dear Sir,

Thank you for recently staying in The Aquincum Hotel Budapest. Thank you for sharing your positive experiences.

We were pleased to read that you were happy with your stay at our hotel and we highly appreciate your kind comments in regard to our reception and the services provided. We highly appreciate that you highlighted on the cleanliness of the room. Thank you for your nice comments regarding to our restaurant, breakfast and spa area.

All times we do everything to please and even anticipate the needs of our guests. We hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Aquincum Hotel Budapest in the not too distant future, we remain with our best regards,

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Location not very convenient, but overall a good, semi-luxurious hotel. The spa and the swimming pool is very good and the staff was friendly and helpful. Bathrobe in every room. The taxi to the main attractions costs about 15 euros.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
ManagementBudapest, General Manager at The Aquincum Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Madam,

We were pleased to read that you were happy with your stay at our hotel and we highly appreciate your kind comments in regard to the spa area and our staff and the services provided.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I just stayed in this hotel. I choose this hotel because of it's good review. My first day was a disaster. I booked a transportation from the hotel to pick me up at the airport but guess what... Nobody came to picked me up so i had to take the airport taxi to be able to get to the hotel. When i got there i told the receptionist. The way she talks was irritating...i dont knop if she's mocking me or not. For my compensation Thea upgraded my room. And of course i need to try their spa services... The first 2 spa was ok. But the third time...it was very unpleasant.... Really, really unpleasant... It was an old man... I was shocked.. Because i had to take off all my clothes all through the spa treatment...and i asked him if he can talk and understand english and he said no... IT was a very traumatic experience and to make the matter worst...after my spa, the receptionist at the spa department was laughing and talking in their language (hungarian). The next day i told about the incedent to the receptionist in the front desk, she was helpful, she immediately told there manager about it. And the manager told me that they can speak and understand english. So i was fooled, again racist, because i'm originally from an asian country but now living in norway. I find it unprofessional, rude and racism. AS a compensation, the manager gave back the money i paid. But the trauma and experience is there already.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ciejay10
ManagementBudapest, General Manager at The Aquincum Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Madam / Sir,

First of all thank you for staying in The Aquincum Hotel Budapest.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us a valuable customer's feedback regarding your recent stay at The Aquincum Hotel Budapest. It is very important for us to understand how effectively we meet our guests' needs.

We deeply regret to read that our staff did not care about you as you expected. We deeply apologize that our taxi driver did not find you at the airport and you had to choose another taxi.

Let me express my deepest apology again for the inconvenience that we caused to you and for the behaviour of the staff.

It indeed is our goal to fulfill or even exceed expectations of our clients. Please rest assured that we will at all times do everything to please and even anticipate the needs of our guests. We hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Aquincum Hotel Budapest in the not too distant future, we remain with our best regards,