“Best steak we had in long time!”
Review of Venhajo-Etterem

Venhajo-Etterem
Ranked #445 of 3,383 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Great location on the river. Food was very very good! Great wine and amazing staff! :) Superb view! Cant remember when last time got this good steak! Everything was just perfect!! Highly recommended!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was there with all the family. We spend there about wo hours so we could see the sunset on Danubio. The food choice was quite good and the quality also. The disches presentation was very nice, and the service discrete and good.

1  Thank travelclaud
Reviewed April 7, 2014

High quality Hungarian food with an amazing view and some of the best service we've had in our Czech-Austria-Hungary vacation. Not cheap by Budapest standards but worth it for the view,food and service.

Took our family here for our last night in Budapest/Europe and was not disappointed. The food was very good, I wouldn't say excellent as in my opinion Hungarian food is mostly similar but they did have some nice gourmet twists on some of the dishes. The goulash was called Grandmother's Goulash and was a little more hearty stew with potatoes and vegetables. Duck breast fillets were excellent. Very good wine list with high quality Hungarian wines, including a nice selection of dessert wines. Some very good fish and vegetarian options as well.

The waiters were a little stuffy but very efficient, the kind who are there by your side almost before you look for them, very nice change. We got a bit of a Carson (Downton Abbey) look when we asked our waiter to take our picture but he got the job done!

I highly recommend this restaurant for the view, food and excellent service especially for a special occasion.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

When my friends visit me in Budapest, I would always take them here because here you have a very good view of the castle and the chain bridge. The food here is very good quality and the bar at night is also great. I like the dessert here most, and the cost is very reasonable than the neighbor restaurant I should say.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Arrived in budapest the 13th February for our 20th anniversary on the 14th. Went down to Venhajo to try and book table. Met by member of staff who said she would get the manager Mr Padozdi Tamas. We were informed restaurant was fully booked, explained about wedding anniversary Mr Tamas said he would sort something and for us to arrive at . 9pm on the 14th. On arrival we were shown to a table on the terrace directly opposite Buda castle palace.( what a view). Mr Tamas came up to the table and presented to my wife something I had arranged later with him and wished her a happy anniversary. He had put himself out to organise a night I will always be grateful for. Thanks you My Tamas. Now to the food, we had goulash soup and goose breast salad. Mains Liz had turkey breast with brie, mine was perch pike fish, deserts sponge cake with chocolate sauce.) The food was superb taste wise and presentation, the waiter who looked after us was brilliant.

1  Thank dave b