“Wonderful view. Average food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Venhajo-Etterem

Venhajo-Etterem
Ranked #404 of 3,080 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, Eastern European, Central European, Hungarian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bucharest, Romania
“Wonderful view. Average food.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

It is a restaurant located on the Danube River on a boat. The food is good, but it matters less when the atmosphere, scenery and friendliness of the staff is excellent. At least one dinner you have to take here.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Ionescu M

• Hungarian first
Pescara, Italy
“Excellent view, friendly staff”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I chose this restaurant to celebrate my 2 year anniversary with my girlfriend. I think I got it right. Staff was very professional from the start, I booked the table online and told them I wanted to stay inside because I was afraid by the weather (being italian I’m used to hot climate, I was worried about the temperature). I was contacted later by someone of the staff suggesting that we eat on the terrasse with a marvellous view. Unfortunately tha evening was very windy so we then stayed inside but I appreciated the thought. The view was spectacular from the inside too with the chain bridge and the royal palace. It was great to eat on the danube. Service was super fast and food was great. I tried a selection of Foie Gras which was amazing. My girlfriend took some dumplings with beef which were brilliant too. I had a really nice time on this boat, I liked the atmosphere and the food and if I ever come back to Budapest I will definitively come back to this restaurant too.

1 Thank unholywolf
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Like a dream”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The title says it all. The location is awesome, the view likewise. Basically, you are on a boat, on the Danube, surrounded by citadels, palaces, churches, bridges, good music and an excellent Eger wine.
Getting to the best part: the food. Just fantastic! I've had a traditional goose liver, with dried figs. I loved it. I just didn't want it to end. Best thing I had in a while...if not quite the best ever.
My friends had lamb, duck, chicken and salmon. They were all impressed.

• Visited July 2013
“Good food, Wonderful enviroment”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Food was just good without any surprises, wines indifferent but service was excellent and the views superb. Very romantic and all that.

Zagreb, Croatia
“Do not miss it”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Restaurant Venhajo is one of the best restaurant i have ever been in. It is set on the bank of Danube river on an old boat retrofited as restaurant. The service is excelent with highly profesional waitors. My girlfriend and I ate hungarian gulash and tuna stake for main course. Meals are quite large and of excelent quality. Price for two people diner is quite cheep considering quality of food and general refinment of the place. I think there is no beter place to visit in Budapest if you want to have a romantic evening with your better half, while enjoing some of the best prepared food you will ever taste.

• Visited December 2012