“Exceptional private tour of Budapest”

Travel Guide Hungary
Ranked #4 of 75 Food & Drink in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer Personalized private tours in Budapest and the Hungarian countryside. It can be a walking tour or a car based tour, a basic city tour or we can focus on history, gastronomy, architecture - depending on your interest. If you want I can take you to the countryside, we can explore one of the Hungarian wine regions, visit castles, etc. Come and tour with us if you would like to see not only the sights which are listen in guidebooks, but also the hidden treasures of my country and it's famous capital. Explore Budapest/ Hungary with a local!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional private tour of Budapest”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Orsolya provided my family with a wonderful tour of Budapest - perfectly tailored to our interests. She (and her fantastic Driver Micha - or Michael for the language challenged) covered all the well-known things to see with a deep knowledge of history, cultural, and politics. She combined vignettes of culture and character, and her personal experiences... and also gave us an up close, more insiders view of special places not otherwise covered in the guidebooks. Her easy going manner and excellent presentation was delightful for all ages. The time went by too quickly and I look forward to returning to Budapest and seeing them both again!

While I will select the recommended length of visit as 3 hours or more (Budapest deserves it!) - Orsolya can accommodate whatever time constraints you have. She managed our tour exactly to the time we had available with great care and efficiency without us ever feeling hurried or rushed in any way!

1 Thank SNHPTrips

• Greek first
Palo Alto, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Two days in Budapest”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I've traveled with private guides all over Europe, the US, South America, and Asia. I always have lots of random questions about everything, and I want to try all the foods and visit all the markets, and I often need advice for good restaurants, etc. I often make impossible requests during the initial planning because I don't know the local situation. Orsalya (the tour operator for this guide company) did a very thoughtful job organizing our itinerary, converting my impossible requests into something feasible, answering my many ad hoc questions, and giving me good advice for what to do at night after the tours (and on follow-up tours to Hungary). Highly recommended.

4 Thank NG67291932
Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful day in Budapest !!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Our group of 10 only had 1 full day to explore Budapest so I searched the net and luckily I found Orsolya. Aside from being knowledgeable, she is also very warm and accommodating. She was sensitive to the interests of the group. She opted to bring us to special places she thought the group would enjoy even if it was not part of our itinerary and it certainly made our day more special. She shared her knowledge not only about their history but also about food, culture and everything else in between. The mini bus and driver that she provided us for the day helped us see more of the city in such a short time. I highly recommend Orsolya as a guide. It doesn't take long for one to feel like you made a friend in Budapest.

1 Thank Maria C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Budapest Food, Wine and History”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was in Hungary for a few days exploring the Food, Wine and History of this beautiful country. Having Orsolya as my guide certainly made my trip all the more organized, fun and importantly gave me the local insights to the local food, culture and places not found in guide books. Orsolya is friendly, knowledgable and did everything to ensure that my trip was memorable.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Rodolfo M
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thank you Orsoyla”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We were in Budapest for 3 days prior to our Viking River Cruise and hired Orsolya to show us around. She did a wonderful job by not repeating those places we would see on the Viking River Cruise City tour. We think we saw everything of interest in Budapest (on both sides of the Danube) both inside and out and learned about each place as we went which included history, architecture and the stories or items of interest. We felt like Orsolya was efficient so that we would see everything but also we were at each site as long as we wanted. She is very nice and accommodating and we are so pleased that we had her to show us around. We would definitely recommend her if anyone is visiting Budapest. Be sure, if you have time, to go the “Best Coffee Shop in the World” for a break. She took us there for a cup of coffee and it is beautiful.

Visited December 2013