“exploring hungary with orsolya”

Travel Guide Hungary
Ranked #3 of 72 Food & Drink in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer Personalized private tours in Budapest and the Hungarian countryside. It can be a walking tour or a car based tour, a basic city tour or we can focus on history, gastronomy, architecture - depending on your interest. If you want I can take you to the countryside, we can explore one of the Hungarian wine regions, visit castles, etc. Come and tour with us if you would like to see not only the sights which are listen in guidebooks, but also the hidden treasures of my country and it's famous capital. Explore Budapest/ Hungary with a local!
Simi Valley, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“exploring hungary with orsolya”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

It was our great good fortune and thorough research that led us to Orsolya. Orsi asked what we wanted before we ever arrived and was ready when she picked us up at the train station to begin with an overview of both Buda and Pest. She gave us the history of both Hungary and Budapest and took us to monuments and churches that brought her words to life. Her warm and engaging style had us wanting to learn more about this history. My husband is Hungarian and I really wanted to know about his country and she was so well versed that I was excited to take home to him my new information. She even helped me with pronunciation of our name and town of his ancestors and recorded a pronunciation for him on my phone. He loves it - we can finally really pronounce our name! Even though the weather was not ideal - make that it was pretty awful with rain and snow and very cold temperature, Orsi was always positive and upbeat and took us to warm places for tea and Hungarian sweets just when we needed it most. We got out of town one day and she was equally well versed on the history and knowledge of three little towns I had previously known nothing about. In sum - Orsi was so warm, so genuine that each day with her was a specail treat and I will be back with my husband and we will arrange for her to be our guide to let him learn more about his homeland.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank nancy f

• Greek first
Los Angeles, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“The best way to enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of Budapest!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We can't imagine Budapest without Orsolya! My friend and I had 2.5 days in this city and enjoyed every moment of it under her attentive care and guidance. Our Hungarian adventure began when Orshi picked us up from the train station with a driver and provided a great overview of Budapest. We saw Heroes Square, Széchenyi Bath, the beautiful parks, Buda Castle, the Fisherman's Bastion, a Danube evening cruise and more. Information about each sight was thorough and informative, yet provided in a fun and casual manner. She was attentive to our special interests and all of our silly questions. Day two was a lovely walking tour. It was quite cold and rainy, but her cheerful soul distracted us from any weather issues. The walking tour included top sights around the city as well as hidden treasures. Ah, the coffee shops too! She described each delectable pastry to satisfy of curiosity and fascination. Day three we trekked out of town to see the Danube Bend and a bit of the country. Even the conversation in the car was enjoyable. My friend and I had different interests and Orshi kept us both in the moment... every moment. I would HIGHLY recommend this very charming and lovely guide. Thank you, Orsolya!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank JillLovesToTravel
Doha
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

I knew nothing about Hungary until I visited it in person, which made it interesting, my guide who was so impressive, active and helpful. Briggi had so much knowledge about the Hungarian history, Turkish, Austrian and the Hungarian kings...

The city itself tells you the story and when u have a guide who has great knowledge and willingness to teach the tourists the history of this country....

I strongly support you guys to experience such guides and I am confident that you will love it ....

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Nasser Q
Seoul, South Korea
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Above and beyond”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Orsolya was a fantastic, kind, accommodating, and patient companion who was more like a friend than a guide. I had requested for a food and wine tour, but given that Sunday was my only availability, she had to make adjustments to account for the closed markets. The places she found were excellent, including a wine bar, cafes, and a local flea market/farmer's market where I got to taste cheeses, jams, and juices, as well as ask questions to the vendors through Orsolya, who was so patient. In the end, she spent more time with me than she was required to, leaving me with an immense appreciation not only for her, but also for the city.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank RumbaConan
dubai
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Reliable, funny and trustworthy local guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I had to plan a 3 day tour of Budapest for a group of 10 ppl and came across Travel guide Hungary, the reviews on trip advisor were encouraging and Orsolya made a plan for our 3 day trip. With day 1 being a tour of Budapest, 2nd day was the Danube bend tour visiting
 eztergim, visegrad and Szentendre. And for the 3rd day it was a tour of Eger followed by an excellent wine tasting tour. Orsi was a great guide, friendly, knowledgeable, funny with a great attitude. And considering the size if our group, was always willing to make adjustments for the comfort of everybody. Definitely have no problems recommending her to anybody. You can completely trust her to take care of you while you're there.

1 Thank EatDrinkTravelReview