“Amazing guide”

Travel Guide Hungary - Private tours
Ranked #3 of 87 Food & Drink in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer personalized private tours in Budapest and the Hungarian countryside. It can be a walking tour or a car based tour, a basic city tour or we can focus on history, gastronomy, architecture - depending on your interest. If you want I can take you to the countryside, we can explore one of the Hungarian wine regions, visit castles, etc. Come and tour with us if you would like to see not only the sights which are listen in guidebooks, but also the hidden treasures of my country and it's famous capital. Explore Budapest/ Hungary with a local!
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I knew nothing about Hungary until I visited it in person, which made it interesting, my guide who was so impressive, active and helpful. Briggi had so much knowledge about the Hungarian history, Turkish, Austrian and the Hungarian kings...

The city itself tells you the story and when u have a guide who has great knowledge and willingness to teach the tourists the history of this country....

I strongly support you guys to experience such guides and I am confident that you will love it ....

1  Thank Nasser Q

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Orsolya was a fantastic, kind, accommodating, and patient companion who was more like a friend than a guide. I had requested for a food and wine tour, but given that Sunday was my only availability, she had to make adjustments to account for the closed markets. The places she found were excellent, including a wine bar, cafes, and a local flea market/farmer's market where I got to taste cheeses, jams, and juices, as well as ask questions to the vendors through Orsolya, who was so patient. In the end, she spent more time with me than she was required to, leaving me with an immense appreciation not only for her, but also for the city.

1  Thank RumbaConan
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I had to plan a 3 day tour of Budapest for a group of 10 ppl and came across Travel guide Hungary, the reviews on trip advisor were encouraging and Orsolya made a plan for our 3 day trip. With day 1 being a tour of Budapest, 2nd day was the Danube bend tour visiting
 eztergim, visegrad and Szentendre. And for the 3rd day it was a tour of Eger followed by an excellent wine tasting tour. Orsi was a great guide, friendly, knowledgeable, funny with a great attitude. And considering the size if our group, was always willing to make adjustments for the comfort of everybody. Definitely have no problems recommending her to anybody. You can completely trust her to take care of you while you're there.

1  Thank EatDrinkStayReview
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Budapest would not have been the same without our private tour with Orsolya! My wife and (live in New York City) and like to take a private tours in most every city we visit. Many tour guides are great in that they point out the major sights to see and give a good background and history of that city. This is generally our expectation of a private tour.

However, Orsolya exceeded our expectations in every way! Her knowledge of the Budapest (both its history and future) and her ability to communicate this throughout the tour is truly remarkable. Never once did she look at her watch to see when the "tour would be over" or ever rush us and not take the time to answer any questions we had. We really had one of our best tours ever, and most importantly, we had a really fun day thanks to Orsolya!

You can tell from the moment you meet her that you are going to have a very special time... And we had just that! She really made our trip to Budapest one of our most memorable travel experiences. We will definitely be back to Budapest and have another tour with Orshi.

1  Thank NYCLives4Travel
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Orsalya("Orsi") provided our family - including 2 teenage girls- a perfect visit to Budapest. She was extremely personable and sweet. We felt as if we met a family member. She was prompt and professional. She tailored the trip to our interests. The City is very "walkable" and she was enthusiastic and funny. She allowed us to make excellent use of our time. She was also very generous with her time. Never felt like she was on a clock or in a hurry.Her knowledge was deep but she made the rich and complex history very relatable for all of us (no easy task with 2 teenagers!). We are all still remembering that vacation so fondly and have Orsi to thank!!

1  Thank NewAcl