“Enjoyfull”

Napfenyes Restaurant and Confectionery
Ranked #207 of 3,774 Restaurants in Budapest
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Napfényes Restaurant welcomes everyone who would like to try authentic Hungarian cuisine and international dishes prepared veg-style. Napfényes has the widest range of vegan à la carte dishes in town, offering dairy free, gluten free and even raw options to customers with special needs. Daily menus (from 11:30 am till 5 pm), Chef's choice for the weekend, soups, pizzas, pastas, a salad bar, fresh juices and smoothies are here to impress you. Come with an empty stomach to have room for a treat after your meal: in the pastry section you will find delicious cakes and vegan ice-cream. Check the music and dance programmes in the event hall, or rent the hall out for private events.
Reviewed September 1, 2016

My Gf keeps a strict diet with as little processed foods as possible, so finding a restaurant that has such a variety of vegan dishes was really nice..

Going there yesterday we got a pizza and the vegan skewers, both of which were good, although the vegan skewers came with a sauce that wasn't exactly complementing it.
The waiter was very polite and even smiled which isn't always the case in BP :)

Overall the both of us were very happy with the place and are very likely to come back,
I recommend it with a full heart.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (949)

Reviewed August 31, 2016

We went here twice as well as visiting their other smaller restaurant. Service varied, the first time it was great, the second time the waiter was slow and had to be reminded 3 times before he brought me a slice of bread! The sharing platter is large and tasty and you must try it. The second time we wemt I had a creamy spaghetti dish with tofu which was fine but nothing special. We bought some scones from the bakery section to take away and eat for breakfast which were delish.

Reviewed August 31, 2016

My grand daughter had been her before and recommended their lunch. Since it was after 2 it was not crowded and we got excellent service. They are very serious about the food and it shows. We will be going back.

Reviewed August 26, 2016

Vegan restaurant. The service was very good and the staff were very helpful. The food was quite good. Pasta was lovely along with the skewers. The gulash soup we didnt like too much.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

I am quite the meat eater but my boyfriend is vegetarian and was excited to try a place where he can actually choose anything he likes from the menu for a change. That is, if someone cared to give us a menu to begin with. We waited a good 10 minutes for one and got it after we gestured at the waiter. We were then generously given entire 20 minutes to read it and inspect every detail. It was at that point that we started playing a game, we'd guess how long the waiter will take to complete one thing or other. Well, after the order was taken it took 17 minutes (seventeen!) for the drinks to arrive. And nobody dare tell me they are freshly squeezed so it takes time, I know how long it takes to make 300 ml of juice. It took a further 10 minutes for the food. By that time we had already been in the restaurant for 50 long hungry minutes! If I'd been really hungry when we arrived, I would have started chewing on the napkin by then. The food itself was pretty normal, nothing extraordinary. I personally found it a bit rubbery but that is what I usually think of fake meat. I guess if you are a devoted vegan, that place is a good choice and even the waiting might be worth it. But if you are in a hurry, stay away!