“It's worth it”

Bocanova
Ranked #561 of 3,121 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“It's worth it”
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Value for the money. The food is good, they r creative, for this reason you can find some special things here. Check the seasonal suggestions on the table. The place is so small, there are just few table, so book one before u go.

We have been here several times. We love it.

2 Thank greenysi

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
A TripAdvisor Member
“Bad service ”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Was here at this place in past and had good impression that time.. Not now..
I did not make reservation, simply because did not have time to do so. Having entered We were told the house is full and only can sit down outside in smoking area. Even when finished our dinner they had three spare tables inside. Sad :(

Service is below average.. We were far not welcomed, Food was ok, average.
Couple beside our table was continuesly smoking, thus we asked our food to go and finished food at home.

Interior inside nice, outside not so.
Bad experience. We shall give it new try, but service is to be improved. Waitress can try to be more welcoming, and learn how to smile.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
“Good but with room to improve”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time I visited Bocanova, which is a small but nice place to enjoy a great Italian dish just out of the center of Budapest. The interior and the setup is notable. Even though it is a very small space the designers made sure the space was well utilised. The food itself is of good quality and there is a good choice off the menu. There is also a good selection of wines to chose from. The only down turn is the slow service. It took them over 45 minutes to get me my second gin and tonic. I hope it just slipped their mind and nothing else. A simple apology would have been fine but I guess the language would have been a barrier. Nevertheless it is surely a place I would try again and recommend to someone who is looking for a nice quiet place to dine at.

5 Thank Randezvous
Budapest, Hungary
“Good place for Italian food”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

After swimming, I searched around for something to eat, and found here. It is not in the center but the environment inside is really good. When I stepped in , even it was 4:30 PM or something, it was almost full of people, drinking or enjoying the meal. I ordered the Linguine with seafood , it tasted good, and the price is just a little bit higher than Burger King or McDonald's , but here , you can enjoy the elegant atmosphere. I like it.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank yueyingxiong
Budapest, Hungary
“value for money”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The restaurant has a very good atmosphere. Located outside the city center between blocks of concrete flats but immediately after you enter the place you forget about the surroundings. The staff is friendly and helpful the meals are good quality and genuine. The place is perfect if you like nice italian food.

• Visited February 2014