“Just Wonderful!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Siculus coquus et Sicula mensa...that is the Sicilian cook and Sicilian table. According to a Roman saying this is the secret to a healthy life. They came, saw and conquered: the Greeks, Carthaginians, Romans, Arabs, Normans, Angevins, Hapsburgs, the Bourbons...Yes, every one of them! All these people, they left something in Sicily - Trinacria, for example, belonging to Greek mythology, the Gorgon in the middle and the three legs as tips to protect the island. The Arabs, skilled breeders of goats and lambs, and with them their milk, processed caciocavallo, provola pecorino. The testimony of the Saracens from the "sweet tooth" in Sicily is a legacy left by the nuns who handed down the memory, and it is thanks to them that today we have the real dough, cassata and Siculus coquus et Sicula mensa "cannoli". With the succession of all these peoples, Sicily today has a very diverse cultural heritage, that leaves a lasting impression for life, the memories of all those travelers who have had the opportunity and the chance to visit it. Between the oleanders and colorful bougainvillea, under the shade of the thick foliage of olive trees, savoring the delicacies of Sicilian cuisine, including fresh fish of the sea, the warm sun that enriches and gives an unmistakable flavor to fruits and vegetables, sipping her wine noblest, is unforgettable. Equally memorable are the inhabitants of this fantastic island, famous for their warm welcome and availability, full of life, with their kindling a sense of humor, with the inimitable "coppola" placed on their heads, with a joyful noise you preach good appetite. This atmosphere we are ready to offer here in Budapest! "Baciamo le mani!"(kind of typical Sicilian regards) Salvo Sgroi and La Coppola Team
Oak Park, IL
“Just Wonderful!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

After having had our fill of (admittedly delicious) Eastern European food, this Sicilian restaurant was an oasis for us, and we looked forward to our 7:30 reservation for our fairly large group.

Our anticipation was rewarded: The food is just wonderful, the staff helpful. We had several vegetarians among us, who loved the creative and flavorful pasta dishes they ordered; I had delicious, fresh salmon with green peppercorn sauce and grilled vegetables; another of us had a beautiful seafood risotto, and one of us had the spaghetti carbonara (although the bacon is of a different standard than we're used to, with a lot of gristle); others had the mushroom pasta and savory crepes.

To a person, each commented on his or her flavorful, delicious meal; those who had wine were pleased with their choices, as well. We then ordered four desserts to share among the six of us (be warned that some of them contain alcohol even if that isn't made clear on the menu)--and these were delicious, as well. The salads we started our respective meals with were very, very fresh with light and excellent dressings.

I can speak for others when I highly recommend this place for both its outstanding food and its helpful staff.

• Visited April 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Budapest, Hungary
“Quite and nice atmosphere, clean place”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We celebrated the birthday of my GF here and enjoyed service & food very much. It is close to city center, right to one of the popular walking streets. The food was delicious and staff speaks foreign languages. Tables and dishes were very impressive. Nice place to visit again.

• Visited October 2012
Budapest, Hungary
“About Trattoria La Coppola”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The first time I heard that there is a great Sicilian restaurant in Budapest was in 2012.
The owner of the restaurant is Salvo Sgroi from Palermo.
The place is called Trattoria La Coppola. My favorite film is Godfather produced by Coppola so I know immediately I must visit the restaurant.
Firstly I ate out with my family. We had a splendid starter and then a huge portion of soup.
Every dish was fantastic. The waiter offered a great red wine for the meal. The desserts are sweet!
I liked the interior, especially the quotes, pictures on the wall and the atmosphere.
I was amazed by the helpfulness from Salvo.
Since them I've been in Coppola many times. I had a romantic supper with my husband when the Hot Jazz Band gave a concert.
I spent time on meetings at Salvo and ordered pizza to my office where I work as a life coach.
Good to see the precision, how Salvo looks after everything to go things smooth. He is always at present.
I recommend the restaurant for anybody with pleasure.
You can't be disappointed in Coppola.

Aurélia Reichardt

Visited February 2013
“Superb!!!!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Nice staff! Good food!
nice risotto!
LIVE Music! Center of the city V district !
Try it!
The atmosphere is relaxing, taking you from the busy city centre of budapest to the beaches of Sicily with its AMAIZING sea food and other traditional Sicilian dishes

• Visited December 2012
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
“Perfect evening in a perfect place”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have visited this restaurant earlier and yesterday I went back with my friend.
They refurbished the place, it has a perfect atmosphere.
The food and the service was excellent. We tried different food: appetizer, home made pastas and dessert. Each of them were gorgeous.
I would suggest to reserve a table because the restaurant was full!:)
Thank you for this perfect evening!

• Visited April 2013