“Not much meat in burger - decent pub.”
Review of Queen Pizza & Pub Budapesten - CLOSED

Queen Pizza & Pub Budapesten
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Leicester
“Not much meat in burger - decent pub.”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The bar was fine but not busy, very good service, beer good.. The food was average - bruschetta generous but very simple. The burger was big bap, big fillings, but tiny hamburger inside the bap. A bit sad really - with double (or triple!) size meat it would have been pretty good.
So ... not expensive but average food.

• Visited November 2013

“Got charged 25.8% service charge”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Walked in this semi-empty bar looking for breakfast. The waiter wasn't attentive and Wi-Fi was unstable. Ordered an omelette for 890huf and a cup of coffee for 380huf. Can't comment on food since I'm not a gourmet. When I asked for the bill, it turned out to be 1600huf which means there's 330huf extra. The waitress at the counter said it was the service charge. But for my 1270huf order, that'd be almost 25.8%. Seriously? TWENTY-SIX(well, almost) PERCENT SERVICE CHARGE?!!! That was ridiculous but I felt like it wasn't worth my time arguing. Paid for my experience and walked out.

Interestingly, it was the first time I got ripped off (as an Asian tourist) in Budapest after 20 days of staying here. I consider myself pretty lucky. :-)

• Visited October 2013
“Great little place to grab a beer or food late.”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Good food, nice helpful staff who speak English, and good prices. One of the nicest restaurant staffs we have had during this visit to Europe.

• Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Not a bad place, although nothing special.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I visited on a Sunday a couple of weeks ago with friends. There were 8 of us. We all ordered mains, one ordered a soup starter.

The mains all came out... but the soup randomly was going to come after the main. My friend said can he have the soup first at which they said OK but its not ready yet. Long story short, everyone finished their mains before the soup came... which meant one person eating starter, then main alone. Not the best.

Anyway, apart from that the food was actually quite nice so no complaints there.

• Visited June 2013
“Cheap and cheerful”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I'm not sure how one of the other reviews stated it was expensive (our meal came to £14/?16/$21 for two mains, desserts and drinks). Maybe I'm not used to Eastern Europe enough to know what's expensive and what isn't. The food was nice, not special, but by no means bad.

The only complaint would be that the waitress didn't understand our order properly, and even that isn't really a valid complaint as I was speaking English. Another problem occured with a Spanish couple beside us, but you can't come to Hungary and expect everyone to fully understand you when you don't speak the language! Overall, not special but by no means bad. Good sized portions, tasty food and dirt (by my standards) cheap.