“Great and raw”

Veggie Raw Vegan Bistro
Ranked #744 of 3,384 Restaurants in Budapest
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Mannatural Life Bar is the first raw- vegan restaurant in city! Situated few steps away from the Parliament, it offers freshly made soups, main dishes, salads, desserts, juices, tees and coffee. Everything is lactose free, glutein free and without animal addictions and sugar. Choose the vegan side of the life!
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Very nice food, easy to choose your food .
The taste was good and the price for been rawfood was really cheap

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I ate here twice on my recent short visit to Budapest, and really enjoyed it both times. There's plenty of interesting creations to try, and they offer several mixed-plate and menu options to help you sample their flavors affordably.

Whatever you do, though, don't miss the stuffed cabbage rolls, which are quite interesting and satisfying, and the delicious desserts.

Their juices and smoothies are great, too. I especially liked the poppy seed smoothie.

Very friendly service, with good English spoken by some of the staff.

Highly recommended! :-)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Unfortunately we didn't have the best experience on the day we choose. I found the lady was unhelpful when we asked what she could recommend as there were no English menus. She could speak English but I think she wasn't in the mood that day. So I asked if she could make us a tasting plate for two people . She brought them out and we could have easily shared one plate. There was not much of variety as there were only grated salads with different favours. There is so much more to raw food than this. I think one should experience the true world of raw food to know what is possible and how to treat your body and mind.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I'm certainly not raw vegan, nor vegan at all - not even vegetarian, so I'm not bound to eat at outlets like this but able to choose from the whole variety a city has to offer. And while I love to do so, and can't deny am urge for a heartly meat focused meal once in a while, I absolutely need to balance this by an overall more healthy vegetarian diet as I am a hobby athlete.

If you're like me, you're gonna have a hard time in Budapest if you don't want to go the easy way by escaping the local cuisine and eat in the outlets that offer the same upscaled international cuisine with a tiny local sprinkle if at all to the same ignorant tourists around the globe.
But after a dive into the rather meat and grease focused cuisine, and the often rather pickeled salads I just couldn't take it anymore longing for something light, pure and refreshing - especially with the great weather in the city. I was not particularly looking for someone raw vegan, but was delighted to find it.
Cold, fresh, light, healthy - absolutely the break that I needed.
They're a bit hidden in the basement with another outlet on top which was closed that day, almost making me leave as I thought I had bad luck.
And they're certainly not aiming at tourists with no English menu or staff with the respective language. But it'll work out if your mother tongue is not the only weapon with which you're stubbornly tackling your time abroad as you and the staff will find some bits from languages and universal sign language to communicate in.
Prices are reasonable for Budapest, regarding the simple ingredients a bit higher than expected, but counterbalanced for the uncommon offer that probably doesn't pull masses of clients.
The food was of great taste, but no uber fancy cleverly created culinary wonder. A tad of Indian, a bit hungarian, salads, curries, usual veggie ingredients. The drink mixes are a great delight with no sugar or such added.
Didn't have cake desert though as usually I don't like the often a bit prevalent soy milk taste, and as said I'm not a vegan, so the large variety of great old coffee houses in Budapest gave me no reason to turn so in that aspect.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Lovely place... With a variety of eats. I'm a demanding vegeatrian, and would expect more flavour and texture though.
Portions are large, so we shared a dish, which was more than enough.
The poppy seed smoothy was great, so was the apple/choc-mint cake!

1  Thank Nir H