“Very Average this time...”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #288 of 3,372 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have visited lots of Hard Rock Cafes around Europe and the US, and whilst I enjoyed my meal here it wasn't as good as the others I have been to. The chicken tenders to start were over cooked and the chef got my Fiance's order wrong (ordered pulled pork sandwich, got pulled chicken) As we didnt want to cause a fuss she just ate the chicken as she likes it anyway. The receipt did stated pork so I can only assume there was a mix up in the kitchen, The main was very nice. The place like all Hard Rock cafes was fairly pricey for what you get, but in Budapest this seems even more pricey as it is so much higher in price than everywhere else. I also did like like the way the restaurant is in a basement.

Overall that sounds like a really bad review but it was an ok meal we still enjoyed ourselves and will return to Hard Rock cafes, I just dont know if id bother with that particular one again

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had been to this store once before and it was great. The food, service, staff all were great. This time it was off. It looks like the owner has been pressured by the local mafia want-a-bes. There were thug bouncer type guys in suits at the entrance and roving the floor. When I suggested eating at the bar I received over whelming pressure to eat at a table. I got up to find the restroom and accidentally stumbled across a back room near the kitchen. I thought I was going to be attacked. Wow. This is no longer a store to bring the whole family unless its part of an Italian family. Haha. But serious, I was very uncomfortable by the time I left this store. Use caution here.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I visited this place with my friend on our last visit to Budapest. The location is excellent.

We both have visited more than 12 HRC across the world. So we didn't try the food here. We went to the basement bar ( which is well stocked).

Service is bit slow. but we had a nice time there.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This Hard Rock was not our favorite. The food was average at best and the cafe itself was a little boring.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

located in Vaci Street, its a great place to have a lunch break while roaming the street and browsing the shops. The meal was huge - american supersized and tasty.