“Excellent food, great price, lovely setting and great service”

Riso Ristorante & Terrace
Ranked #155 of 3,120 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Description: Visit our Mediterranean restaurant next to the historical Buda Castle, where we offer for our guests beside the traditional Italian and Hungarian dishes special and a wide range of risottos and oven-baked pizza too. The interior and exterior appearance of the restaurant affords a perfect place to have a romantic dinner and to organize a family reunion or a business events and weddings.During the nice weather the guests can feel on our marvelous 80-seats terrace to relax.We are thinking of families with building of a playground for children. We are looking forward to welcoming you in Riso Restaurant!- Mediterranean feeling, friendly service- Perfect parking possibility- Wide range of dishes, wines and prosecco- Accommodation possibility/Hotel Castle Garden ****- Buda Castle
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, great price, lovely setting and great service”
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic!
Booked online for me and my girlfriend, sat outside at 8 pm in August. Staff were brilliant and had a rose waiting for my girlfriend as I requested flowers when I booked.
***You get a great discount when you book online****

Food was amazing. Real top quality. The Thai soup starter was immense. We had a steak and veal stew for mains. Would recommend to anyone!! Great value, service and great food!!!

Great location and atmosphere, just outside the castle walls, 5 mins from metro 2 and trams 4/6 and 2 mins from bus 16.

• Visited August 2014

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
CT, USA
“Nice pasta and pizza”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I live in Budapest and went here with my sister who was visiting me. We both loved the pizza and pasta that we ordered. We sat outside in a nice area in the shade.

The only issue is there was supposedly a lack of communication about the fact that we made a reservation online. There was a promotion that you would receive a discount for online reservations. I suspect they do not expect English speaking customers to be aware of this and so maybe they were just waiting to see if we mentioned that the bill did not reflect this discount. However, once we mentioned it the waiter said he wasn't aware that we made a reservation online and he corrected the issue and gave us a new bill without any issue.

Stockport
“Excellent food, nice setting”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Things got off to a bad start when the waitress gave me a dirty look when I ordered a glass of tap water (but this is relatively mild compared to some of my previous experiences of "customer service" in Budapest!) After that slight mis-step, things improved considerably. I had an excellent salad and carbonara with the homemade spaghetti, followed by a chocolate souffle. The food was filling and tasty and the service much improved. The outside terrace is perfect for summer dining.

1 Thank notro
Windsor, England
“Quiet outdoor setting next to the castle!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Friends made this recommendation for us, and 13 of us spent an evening here as part of a Stag Do. The quality of the drinks and food (salads, pasta and pizza) were really excellent, and actually superb value for the location and service level. The restaurant has a lovely garden setting under the walls of the castle near the Vienna Gate (Becsi Kapu). This is an upmarket restaurant at a very good price. It's actually a great setting for a romantic dinner. I will be back!

Budapest, Hungary
“Perfect settting”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Riso sits in the shadow of the Royal Castle and has a well arranged, inviting terrace.
Offers a fresh and consize menue, meditarian & fusion dishes.
Food is offered at an outstanding price/performance ratio,
Service is good to, at times (like at our recent visit) excellent.

1 Thank Bogarfi