“Delicious Hungarian and Italian dishes”

Riso Ristorante & Terrace
Ranked #199 of 3,408 Restaurants in Budapest
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Description: Visit our Mediterranean restaurant next to the historical Buda Castle, where we offer for our guests beside the traditional Italian and Hungarian dishes special and a wide range of risottos and oven-baked pizza too. The interior and exterior appearance of the restaurant affords a perfect place to have a romantic dinner and to organize a family reunion or a business events and weddings.During the nice weather the guests can feel on our marvelous 80-seats terrace to relax.We are thinking of families with building of a playground for children. We are looking forward to welcoming you in Riso Restaurant!- Mediterranean feeling, friendly service- Perfect parking possibility- Wide range of dishes, wines and prosecco- Accommodation possibility/Hotel Castle Garden ****- Buda Castle
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The atmosphere is super, the service is first class. The style of the restaurant is just like a bistro restaurant in Paris.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We are staying in the hotel Castle Garden which is attached to this restaurant. We arrived at the hotel today at a out 6:45. We couldn't be bothered with venturing out in the bad weather and the dark so went to Riso. It's a great little restaurant attached to the hotel, you walk from reception straight in. If your staying you get 15% off. The menu is extensive, it's mainly Italian food. Pizza and risotto. They also do some Thai influenced rice dishes. My wife and I ordered a bottle of Hungarian Cab Sav which was about £7 and it was fantastic we were both surprised at How good it was. We shared a Hungarian farmers platter for about £9 for both of us. This was several types of cured sausage param and normal ham,tomatoes,red onion, cucumber and a garlic humous like dip withal generous basket of bread which we both enjoyed. They had a chefs special board from which we both had Parma Ham stuffed ravioli in a cream sauce which was brilliant. I think I can see why people say the food is over seasoned, but I think it was just parmesan and Parma ham are both quite salty anyway with this specific dish. This is only our first meal so I will post further reviews of other restaurants during our stay. Cost about £50 for 2 courses plus a bottle and an extra glass each of wine for two people which I thought was great. Waiter was very polite but professional and the ladies behind the bar were lovely

Reviewed October 1, 2012

For such an extensive menu the food was very good. The main course of mushroom tagliatelle in a parmesan basket - sublime.
Many rissottos of course! ~ Beetroot rissotto was great

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

*sarcasm* Had a lovely dinner with my girlfriend *sarcasm*.

The waitress got pissed that I asked for a glass of red wine - she eventually brought a glass of white and proceeded to bring over the menu and point at the red wine I ordered and said "see, see!"... 'Yes, I see the red wine that I just ordered, not the white one you just brought me'.

Same waitress snapped at my girlfriend for ordering something different than what she brought out to the table. We pointed out the difference and the waitress ran to her manager with a menu in hand, loudly, saying that we keep lying to her. She returned to the table snatched up the wrong order an proceeded to ignore us the rest of the night.... Until the bill... She generously added a 15% tip in for herself.

Separate from the horrible service, the outdoor patio is beautiful and the atmosphere is very welcoming.

I feel bad for the people that stay at the hotel attached if this is what they consider traditional Hungarian hospitality.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We found this place while walking to the castle from Margaret-island. A lovely restaurant with nice interior and exterior and nice staff. They had a nice menu with focus on risotto.

It's location is outside the tourist areas, between Mammut shopping centre and castle hill, that's positive according to us. When we ate, there wasn't many other customers. Perhaps that's not very strange because our visit was between lunch and dinner time.

We had a pizza and a risotto with 2 large beer and water for less than 30 €. The asparagus risotto with chicken breast wrapped in parma was really tasty and the pizza was nice too.

We recommend this place!