“Freeeeedom”

Ranked #432 of 3,204 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Scottish, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Caledonia Budapest, a Scottish pub. We are a village pub in the heart of Budapest, where you can have pint or two with your friends - or with your work mates, where you can watch your favourite team playing football, rugby or you name it. We are lucky to have so many nice customers, coming back year after year to experience what the Caledonia is: a cosy, home from home "local". What we offer is a great choice of whisky - truly the largest whisky selection you can find in Budapest. Also we have Belhaven beer on draught, with a selection of Hungarian and Czech lager. We also have a good, tasty kitchen, offering burgers, fish and chips, pies and British style sausages. Yes, we also have a full Scottish Breakfast, and yes, we serve Haggis too. Who is behind the Caledonia? I tell you: it's Patrick McMenamin, a Scottish guy from Edinburgh, and Zsuzsanna Bozo, a Hungarian. And a few more Hungarian staff to serve you. You have more question? Did you like your visit? Would you recommend us to your friends? Please do tell us.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Freeeeedom”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Just back from a long weekend. I went to the Caledonia two out of four nights simply because you got more than your moneys worth. Great food, great value, great atmosphere. What more can you ask for? Fantastic!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank heyheyheym

• Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Singapore, Singapore
“A Scottish Welcome in the Heart of Budapest”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

When you think of Scottish pubs in the heart of cities across Europe you generally think that it will be all tourists and tartan, however, the Caledonia provides a welcome home from home for locals and tourists alike. I have been to the bar many times to watch sporting events on the many well positioned screens, however, I had not sampled the food until my visit yesterday. I have to say the Burger that I had was probably one of the best burgers that I have had in a very long while and I tend not to choose burgers from a bar or restaurant menu. The meet was succulent and very tasty and is more than adequate in size to ensure that you are well stocked up ahead of several local Dreher beers to wash it down. I will certainly be tasting new items on the menu in the next few weeks.

Well worth the visit and you will always receive a warm welcome from staff and locals alike.

liverpool
“Meals and drinks”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Been here two nights in a row the food is great tried a number of items off the menu and it's not at all expensive fully recommend

New York City, New York
“Best sausage I ever had!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Be sure to try the Scottish breakfast which encompasses the best sausage I ever had! Stop by for Howard & Ken's Trivia Nights! You can have the breakfast for dinner.

Norway
“Friendly and clean”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Very friendly staff, nice place with a relaxing atmosphere and good beer. They had a quiz on in English one night which was fun. Have already recommended he place to a friend who is going to Budapest next week.