“Dissapointing”

Ranked #556 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Scottish, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Caledonia Budapest, a Scottish pub. We are a village pub in the heart of Budapest, where you can have pint or two with your friends - or with your work mates, where you can watch your favourite team playing football, rugby or you name it. We are lucky to have so many nice customers, coming back year after year to experience what the Caledonia is: a cosy, home from home "local". What we offer is a great choice of whisky - truly the largest whisky selection you can find in Budapest. Also we have Belhaven beer on draught, with a selection of Hungarian and Czech lager. We also have a good, tasty kitchen, offering burgers, fish and chips, pies and British style sausages. Yes, we also have a full Scottish Breakfast, and yes, we serve Haggis too. Who is behind the Caledonia? I tell you: it's Patrick McMenamin, a Scottish guy from Edinburgh, and Zsuzsanna Bozo, a Hungarian. And a few more Hungarian staff to serve you. You have more question? Did you like your visit? Would you recommend us to your friends? Please do tell us.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The athmosphere was like what we expected, a nice scotish pub athmosphere. Was looking forward to an ale, as I tried to order one I got told, they didn't have the ale's that were listed on the menu. We had a lager instead and ordered our lunch. The staff were very friendly, welcoming and served very quickly our meals. I had a Burger and my girlfriend Heggis. My girlfriend said the Heggis was very good. I'm sorry, I can't say the same about my burger, it looked very good, like the good ones on the pictures. But that's it. The burger was tasteless and nearly disgusting. Think the first time in 10 years, I haven't eaten all on my plate and sent more than the half of the burger back. Next to us sat a family, they spoke that loud so we needed to shout to be able to talk to each other. Maybe another day and another meal and it'll be great, but not that afternoon.

1  Thank Roman G
There are newer reviews for Caledonia Scottish Pub

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Amazing atmosphere on this Friday night in The Caledonia. Sport on all the screens and good food on the tables. The Edinburger was especially nice and the service was really friendly. This is a pub though, with food thrown in to keep drinkers fed, not a resraurant.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Serves Irn-Bru, Haggis and some delicious home cooked food (steak pie and all the delicious burgers I can heartily recommend!). They show a wide range of sports on several TVs, and have some of the friendliest bar staff in Budapest.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were here on Monday and arrived late. There were only a few other people in the bar so it was very quiet. It definitely looked like it could be a great place for a drink. We never got to try the food as the kitchen had just shut.

If I was there on a weekend I would go back to check it out.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Normally I would totally avoid a Scottish / Irish / English bar when abroad, but I ventured into this Scottish pub in Budapest last Sunday to watch the six nations rugby match between Scotland and Ireland. What a great place... Belhaven beer on tap.... there were more Irish in that Scots, as well as local hungarians. but that just helped the atmosphere. Great pub and a good pint of beer. Staff (hiya Kinga) were so friendly as was everyone else in the place! Would recommend, even without the rugby! (by the way... Scotland beat Ireland by 3 points)