“Awesome place!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Located in the most peaceful part of District V in a small side street of Vaci Utca (Papnovelde utca 3.), BARBar Cafe & Chocolate is THE BEST chocolateria in this town! The owners, a young couple named Viki and Tomi, are very enthusiastic about the cafe and their aim is to make the guests utterly at home and relaxed in their cafe.The philosophy behind it is: using only high-quality ingredients for the preparation of coffees, lemonades and chocolates. For the chocolate drinks they buy real Belgian Callebaut chocolate (dark 70%, milk 47% or white 28% chocolate pastilles and not powder that is sued in most other Budapest cafes). The freshly made lemonade drinks (in ajam jar) are very refreshing on a sultry summer day. You can also have snacks, should you feel peckish: try the various spreads (aubergine spread, Italian pesto, spiced tomato cream). BARBar Cafe has laid-back atmosphere with warm colors and creative furnishing (refurbished Singer sewing machines serve as tables).
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I really enjoyed visit of this Cafe bar! It's very neat place with wonderful atmosphere! I really recommand you visit it during your stay in Budapest!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We went twice during our stay in Budapest: the drinks and the service were that good! We had coffee, sandwiches and hot chocolate. The coffee was excellent, the staff were incredibly friendly and polite. The hot chocolate was gorgeous. The cafe is off the normal tourist routes. but I would really recommend you seek it out. The staff spoke near perfect English both times we went and were very welcoming.

We would have gone back again but it was closed on Sunday!

3  Thank Polly C
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Amazing service, they let me in before opening set up a special table for me, event lent me a power cord for my MacBook when I really I walked off without my 220 v. adapter. The decor is great, sitting in a hammock with a coffee and a book is a great way to spend and after. Plenty of room to stretch out and to sit and work made this a great place to sit and work for a while in Budapest.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend read alot of positive reviews for the barbar cafe (ahoy!) so we though we should try it out.. My gf ordered a iced latte (very refreshing taste) and i ordered a dark chocolate (70%) with some

And it was GREAT! Is was so pure and thick.

the service was very friendly...i should say have try when your in budapest..

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is a place just for drinks, we were a little disappointed that there were no cakes or desserts which would have gone down very nicely but the hot milk chocolate was delicious - very thick and chocolatey so we were not too upset! It would have also been nice if there were some options for a topping eg, marshmallows, flaked chocolate etc. The staff were very helpful and friendly though.