“Amazing!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Located in the most peaceful part of District V in a small side street of Vaci Utca (Papnovelde utca 3.), BARBar Cafe & Chocolate is THE BEST chocolateria in this town! The owners, a young couple named Viki and Tomi, are very enthusiastic about the cafe and their aim is to make the guests utterly at home and relaxed in their cafe.The philosophy behind it is: using only high-quality ingredients for the preparation of coffees, lemonades and chocolates. For the chocolate drinks they buy real Belgian Callebaut chocolate (dark 70%, milk 47% or white 28% chocolate pastilles and not powder that is sued in most other Budapest cafes). The freshly made lemonade drinks (in ajam jar) are very refreshing on a sultry summer day. You can also have snacks, should you feel peckish: try the various spreads (aubergine spread, Italian pesto, spiced tomato cream). BARBar Cafe has laid-back atmosphere with warm colors and creative furnishing (refurbished Singer sewing machines serve as tables).
Perth
“Amazing!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was recommended this place by my hostel. It is so nice and cosy inside and their selection of flavours of hot chocolate is phenomenal! And mind blowingly delicious. Very friendly service and definitely worth visiting. Don't miss it!

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Plymouth, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wish that I lived closer so I could go again”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were in Budapest at the beginning of this month, and I made this Cafe a "must see" destination on our list for Budapest based on the reviews. I certainly wasn't disappointed! The service was very friendly and the hot chocolate super hot and very delicious! The decor of the place was very cozy as well. I will be back if I am ever back in Budapest!

• Visited October 2013
Dublin
“Variety is the spice of life, and hot chocolate”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

On a wet and dreary March day in Budapest, we needed something to lift the spirits. BARbar had just the ticket - wonderful food coupled with a really interesting batch of hot chocolates (actual hot chocolate mind, not chocolate-flavoured). A little off the beaten track, but worth seeking out.

Visited March 2013
Budapest, Hungary
“Best cafe in Budapest.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Having read the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor before going to Budapest, this was on our to do list. It did not disappoint. This was certainly the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted in my whole life. The service was fast and very friendly with a laid back atmosphere. I had a white chocolate hot chocolate with Pistachio and I honestly thought I had died and gone to heaven. I also tried the toasted sandwich there, this was also good value for money and very tasty.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Leah H
Jalisco, Mexico
“Thirsty? Come here!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We were shopping on Vaci Street and it was warm so we decided it was a good day to try an ice coffee and one of their famous lemonades. It was noon but we found it closed and that it opened at 1 pm. We did some more shopping and the weather turned colder and by 1 we were ready for hot chocolates.

My wife ordered a hot chocolate with milk chocolate and flavored with orange and cinammon. I ordered the same but no flavorings and with whipped cream.

We like hot chocolate but are certainly no connoisseurs. But, even our taste buds could tell this was real quality stuff. Our drinks were very chocolaty, hot, flavorful, and thick. So thick that my wife asked for extra milk so she could drink it.

If their coffees and lemonades are as good as their hot chocolates, I would stop by BarBar evedy time I was anywhere near it.?

• Visited September 2013