“Best Gulash in Town”

Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a perfect spot for a perfect Gulash and decent food in town. Staff was friendly and helpfull. The ambiance is simple and nice. And also live music is really good and not disturbing. If you are around Vica Utca you have to try the Gulash and good vine at this place.

1  Thank Barycel
leslie0319, Manager at Curia Etterem es Rendezvenyhaz, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

I am very happy that rich experience returned home. Recognition me that you liked our food. We are working to our guests are always . I am grateful to the restaurant recommendation. I'm glad you liked the music and unforgettable experience given to you Happy New Year.next goodbye

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The place is beautiful and its food is delicious. When travellers are tired of Kebab, pizza or whatever this is a good option.
A single person would spend something around 10 Euro. It worth the money,

1  Thank Intini170
leslie0319, Manager at Curia Etterem es Rendezvenyhaz, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

I want to give my gratitude to Spent the night herewhat we offer and the quality and quantity of food is passed. I would really like if he would visit usagain.looking forward to a great love.Regards the Curia restaurant management

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The center of Budapest is teeming with tourist traps, so we consulted TripAdvisor and found this gem. On our first visit, we ate about 9 PM, and a violinist and guitarist played Hungarian music and other standards. They asked us where we were from, and when we said, "Israel", they played "Sholom Aleichem" LOL! Anyway, the food - My two sons, respectively, ordered the perch and the chicken stuffed with foie gras and mushrooms, and I filled up from the fish soup and a few samples of their meals. The fish soup comes with paprika on the side, and you need to add some to enhance it. On our second visit, one son ordered a beef goulash (stew) and the other got a beef vegetable soup, while I ordered the roast beef with ratatouille, which was excellent. We ordered a piece of cake for dessert. Additionally, my son inquired as to what is the "May Surprise", and the waiter brought it to us even though we hadn't ordered it. When we said that we didn't order it, they said that we can have it at no charge, which was very nice. Honestly, the desserts were less satisfying than the entrees, but I still give the restaurant an Excellent rating because the staff was so nice about it. Even without dessert, you can enjoy a really nice meal here, while avoiding the nearby tourist traps.

2  Thank dsch_tw
curiaetterem2013, Tulajdonos at Curia Etterem es Rendezvenyhaz, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Hello!
Thanks for your positive comment!
We are very happy to see you enjoyed staying in our restauarant!
Best regards!

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

The fact that they have dishes marked gluten free is a really good thing!
Service is very good. Food aswell. Prices are very good aswell. I can recomend this place.

1  Thank Louisa W

Hello! :)
We are very happy to see your positive comment!
See you soon in Budapest!
Best regards!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Nice restaurant. Just proves that Hungarian cuisine is one of the best. Roasted Beef with letcho (Hungarian ratatouille ) and fried potatoes were delicious as well as sauerkraut salad. The staff was friendly and the price reasonable. Definitely worth to visit!

3  Thank Vladimir R

HI! :)
Thanks for your comment!
We are happy to see it!
See you soon in Budapest!
Best regards! :)