Residence Baron
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Estilo Fashion Hotel(Budapest)
Cosmo City Hotel(Budapest)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsliberty bridgemarket halljacuzzi baththe riverindoor marketfovam tersmall hotelgellert spavaci streetsingle roomexecutive roomgellert hillsmall poolwellness areaexcellent locationquiet streetside street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Baron for 3 nights in mid-September 2012. I cannot speak highly enough of this wonderful little hotel, plus we got a great deal from Expedia. The hotel and room were clean and modern, we had great bathroom and you could get all tastes catered for with the breakfast (although some things are a little odd). Our flight left early on the last day, so we were missing breakfast, and when we went to check out the hotel staff gave us a breakfast bag! Reception couldn't do enough to help and I'll definitely be staying here when we visit Budapest again. Only downside is the pool - while it is great that the hotel has a sauna and jacuzzi, the pool is little more than a larger hot tub. Despite this it was great though as a bit of luxury!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Briony M
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My Friend and I stayed here in July of this year for 6 nights. It was one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The location was excellent - close to local attractions and seconds from the main street. The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel itself was great too - very modern and very very clean. The only meals we had at the hotel were breakfasts but they were fantastic - lots to choose from every day. When we checked out, it was at around 4am and the staff had packed up a huge breakfast for us to take with us. The pool and sauna are small but very private, a great place to relax after a long day walking round the city. We loved it here and have recommended it to friends and family who have since booed to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Emma G
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I picked the hotel because it had a great deal on Hotels.com. It had a pool, free breakfast, WIFI and parking. All I want and need for business trip. It is also directly downtown.. So I went. Hotel is smaller and in a narrower house, but all new, modern yet very cozy. Just how I like it. Staff very helpful, check-in smooth.. Parking is a little less comfortable, but they go out of their way to make up for it. Rooms are nice, modern and the WIFI is (for Budapest surprisingly) really free and quite fast. One think I have to stress - in the morning the breakfast is good, plenty of choices even for someone trying to switch to plant-based food.. I must mention the staff working during breakfast - Mr. Gyulia was very nice and even got me a Soy Milk out of the grocery store. Very friendly, profesional and goes out of their way for the guest. That is something that you do not see every day and I salute them for it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank michalnajman
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Our stay here was perfect in every way.
The staff are probably the most friendly and helpful people you could ever meet. They couldnt do enough for us, their knowledge of the area is impecable, they gave fantastic reccomendations and anything they're unsure of they researched and got back to us!
We had been travelling around Europe and had some funny flight times so the arranged breakfast for when ever we required. Special mention to Réne such a friendly man with great humor and brilliant laugh!
The hotel is in a fantastic location, close enough to everything but just out of the way enough to be peaceful.
Although we didnt spend too much tome there the rooms were brilliant with pc, free wifi for mobiles, super comfy beds and sheets and towels changed pretty much every time you left the room.
A great surprise was the pool, jacuzzi and sauna, on our final day after miles and miles of descovering the beautiful Budapest by foot the best way possible to relax was right in our hotel and completely free! It was by me means Olympic sized but for a relaxing soak after a day of waking in the heat nothing could be better!
All in all perfect! We loved it! Thank you so much to the hotel and all it's staff!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank RebeccaLeach
Reviewed July 8, 2012

If you blink you will miss this hotel. It is on a side street from the walking mall. Loved it. great location. Hint eat at the restaurant for dinner. When we were there they were offering a big discount. Our waiter “Julian” could not have been more accommodating. He catered to our every need. The food was fabulous. While sitting in the restaurant, our desk clerk Rene turned on some Jazz music for us. He said “so you will feel at home.” The entire staff was wonderful.

One half block down from the hotel is the walking mall. The first store on the corner is very expensive and does not barter. Go further into the mall. Many shops and restaurant. Some of the best Gelato is about midway down the mall. The prices are better and the shop owners barter if you pay in cash. All across the street from the hotel is the pier and the Market Mall. It is like a farmer’s market. Best place to buy paprika. It has some food stalls and has some gifts shops. A money exchange shop is also about a ½ block from the hotel.

My only complaint is that the breakfast buffet staff is less than friendly and almost rude. But I will still stay at the hotel again. Clean, good food, friendly staff. Thanks again to all especially Rene and Julian.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family