“Very good for Budapest, but not "very" good”
Review of Black Cab Burger

Black Cab Burger
Ranked #182 of 3,204 Restaurants in Budapest
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Budapest, Hungary
“Very good for Budapest, but not "very" good”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

As an expat living here for more than 10 years one of the things I miss most is a good cheeseburger. Up until Black Cab opened my options were very limited and I had resigned myself to the home grill. Their burgers are freshly made as are their fries and it probably is the best burger in Budapest. That being said, Black Cab offers a good burger but not a great one. Quickly here are the positives: fresh meat, thick patties, good fries and good options for the burgers like bacon and jalapenos. Negatives: as is typical for Hungarian burgers there are way too many sauces on the burger...like the meat plays a backup role to the vast amounts of ketchup, mustard and mayo. The buns are also a little too crumbly and don't hold up well to the meat and yes, ocean of condiments (this is especially frustrating in a city with such good bakeries). The other negative is the lack of seating. It is very cramped, especially at lunch time.

So, if you are looking for a good burger in Budapest then this is the place. If you are looking for a great one...well we are all still looking.

2 Thank Shaw3

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Jerusalem, Israel
“Cant even describe how good it was”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The best Burger I ate in my life, no doubt about that.
The service was excellent and the sellers were very very nice.
The food was just fantastic, and the shop itself is very clead and organised.
Couldnt eat for the rest of the night as it was so good I ate 2 burgers.
Will come back again next time I visit Budapest for sure.

Budapest, Hungary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, but....”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The food is excellent, we've been there twice this month. Only problem is that the service is awful. The servers/chefs/whoevers are impolite and rude so we'll never go back :( Pity

1 Thank B_Vera000
Budapest
“I don't get the hype”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I really don't get the hype around this place. The burgers are really fine but the "salad with blue cheese" was pretty dull (McDonalds quality), so I cannot give 4 or 5.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank bodoo89
Serbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just been there”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to this app and other people reviews i went with my wife to have a meal. We went by metro and then walked. I ordered double big burger and large chips. She ordered big burger, i must say that is the best burger i ate sofar. Juicy, with lots of ingridients. Staff is friendly, polite and they speak english. I would recommend it to everybody !!!