“Liked it”

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The food was great, much above the Budapest average. Kind of modern Hungarian and French cuisine, mostly. Their Fish soup (halászlé) is great. The waitress was friendly. A bit overpriced, though.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We ate at this restaurant during our stay in Budapest. We ordered a pork chop (kotoletta) as they indicate in their menu. We were disappointed when we found out that it tasted just like "nuggets". It was fried and you could really taste the oil. The waiter was very surprised when my partner requested french potatoes at the side and also when we requested for ketchup!! It is not a restaurant with the greatest cuisine when their dishes taste like McDonalds food. So they should not be surprised when we ordered french fries and ketchup. At the end when we ordered the bill the waiter told us " I am sorry we do not accept credit cards" "we indicate this at the entrance of the restaurant" This was not a good excuse since our table was at the veranda and we did not even pass from their door since we were coming from the castle area and their door is at the other side.(You do not pass from the door when you are coming from the castle area). My husband had to run to the hotel (15 minutes walking distance) to bring the last cash that we had which we were saving for our transportation to the airport as the next morning we were travelling. Of course they also charged us service fee and they did not even suggest to cut this for the inconvenience that they caused to us.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food was delicious and elegantly served. We ate there twice! My friend very much enjoyed her pasta dishes, I had a tasty pork cutlet one night and catfish paprika the second (it is very fishy, but I am from the Midwest and have had Mississippi catfish before, it was very similar; may be strong for people not used to this!). My husband had "boar neck" we are still not sure about translation but it was a very tasty piece of beef in a wine reduction sauce, we think!

The desserts are excellent!

1  Thank Carolyn S
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great kitchen and service. The first time we had Goulash (best we came across)and then grilled duck liver ( very good, superb roasted potatoes!). The second time I had goose leg confit(OMG!) and Anne had paprika catfish( not her type of dish). When I moped at the two tiny potatoes the waiter promptly got us more.
This local eatery will be well known in a couple of year, mark my words.

1  Thank lotuseaters
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Our host recommended this restaurant as it was close to where we stayed. The food was great and I was impressed by the interesting variety of the menu items. We had wonderful attentive service and a great evening.