Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace
$364
$310
Cancelon
2,066 results
All reviewslebanese restaurantheated seatcorner suiteremote controlhuge bathplunge poolrainfall showernespresso machinejunior suiteamazing hotelelizabeth bridgethe main shopping streetfree upgradefive star hotelstylish hotelbathroom floorspa facilities
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Great staff. Nice room, we got upgraded to a tower suit. Killer drinks and good food at the restaurant. A huge plus was that they made us breakfast to go when we left at 4.30 am to the airport! We recommend this place. A bit pricey but overall very good.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Me and my daughter booked a room for one night. We got a bigger , more expensive room thought I never updated or asked for one, but I went with it because I could afford it and it was a nice evening :) The room was very big, nice, dark colours, a wonderful bed, a truly great bathroom with a huge shower and a very nice city view. But i wish they could see the big stains on some of the red walls in the room, they were strange and spooky. Breakfast was good and the staff excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank codatz
EnikoBak, Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Coda,

Thank you very much for sharing your review about your recent trip. Glad that you had an excellent stay with us and that you found your room and its facilities comfortable. Truly sorry if you have had any inconveniences, please rest assured that this will be taken care of to avoid any future cases.

Do hope that we will have a chance in the future to pamper you with another treat at the Buddha-Bar Budapest on a longer stay, when you might have a chance to explore the entire world of sensations.

Qualtiy Manager

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Just Stayed at the Buddha Bar Hotel, Budapest & was a little disappointed.
It is a good Hotel but with a little more thought, could be a great Hotel.
The lighting is dismal, its not sultry or atmospheric, it dangerous, especially on the stairs or landings. TURN IT UP !!. The rooms are well appointed, but a little cramped. - Its not helped by a massive armchair & table in the middle of the bedrooms, which has to be pushed aside to enter the balcony or sit at the dressing table. The bathrooms are great, just loved the toilet seat.
The foods OK, but nothing to sing home about, SORRY, but spring rolls, salad & pasta salad for breakfast is just wrong. The main restaurant is beautiful, in fact most of the Hotel is beautiful, but the restaurant staff could do with a little more customer relation training. If a guest tells a waitress that the candle holder on their table has just exploded sending flying glass towards the next table, act immediately. DO NOT LET THEM WAIT over ten minutes until they can approach another member of staff for assistance. Hunched shoulders and a vacant look, in my opinion is an inappropriate response.
The hotel is good, its location is great & its cocktails & live music are fabulous. We did have a great time in Budapest, but if I was returning, I would stay at the Hilton, Castle district again as that is a great Hotel, even though at night, it is a little out of the way.

Room Tip: Up grade to a suite.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
TamasFazekas, General Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Mr Higgins,
I much appreciate your time spent on reviewing your stay with us at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest! In understand that you had an enjoyable experience however there were a few points you mentioned and it is very valuable to receive constructive guest comments to see the way of improvement on the different fields with the customer’s eye. We are already working on improving the lighting of the rooms, this is something that will change very soon. Regarding breakfast I am sorry if you might have been disappointed: due to the standards of Buddha-Bar we offer a’la carte hot dishes beside the buffet selection that contains fruit, cereals, cold cuts and different breads and croissants. Our egg dishes and the Klotild pancake are equally popular among guests. Please accept my sincere apologies about the issue in the restaurant and would like to assure you that this is out of our standards. Of course our staff is continuously trained in all areas in order to ensure the high level of services, therefore this is something that should have never happened.
Should you like to share any further comments or suggestions with us, I would much appreciate it and please feel free to e-mail them directly to me at tamas.fazekas@buddhabarhotel.hu.
I do hope that despite your first experience we will have another chance soon to welcome you back at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest and enhance you with an excellent holiday!

Tamás Fazekas

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed at a grand corner suite and it was just perfect. Service was excellent, in fact I have to highlight 3 things

- among all the hotels I travelled this was the only one where I did not have to ask for bathrobe etc for our child. Bathrobe, extra towels, slippers etc were all there for her when we checked-in
- according to my wife the hairdryer was better than her own (never happy with hotel hairdryers)
- it is nice you can open your window and let fresh air in

I am from Budapest so i know what great location means. Buddha-Bar is a great location

Restaurant is good, cocktails at the bar are exceptional. Breakfast room is small so breakfast experience could be enhanced

Room Tip: Corner suite
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Miklos K
EnikoBak, Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Miklos,
Very much appreciate your time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community and it is a delight to hear that we had a chance to capture your hearts during your stay! The Grand Corner Suite is one of the most elegant and well spotted suites in the hotel and we are certainly glad that you so much enjoyed it! We much appreciate your compliments and very proud that with some little extra care we managed to enhance your experience.

Do hope that there will be several further occasions to pamper you with a memorable stay at the Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest, very much looking forward to the next one!

Quality Manager

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Centrally located on the Pest side, very close to Szent István Bazilika (St. Stephens Basilica) and the Erszébeth Bridge, and off course vis-a-vis the shopping street Vaci Utca. In very few words this is an excellent hotel... Nice room with a knock out bed. And big TV with international programmes - really international... English, USAnian, Asian, Arabic, German, Italian, Hungarian etc. channels... I did not try the movies, but the selection seemed equally broad. Nice bathroom with all amenities (like rainfall shower and high tech WC). Excellent restaurant with very competitive prices in the class, and dishes to die for... I a.o. had extraordninarily well made sushi. And not least a splendid breakfast buffet. The best, though, is the staff. From reception "desk" (lounge), to bellhops, to waiters, to cleaning. Very, very attentive and service minded. All with direct client contact have an impeccable English, and the sweet cleaning folks make use of gestures, writing etc., until all are in agreement. I have already booked my next stay and can only give the Buddha Bar Hotel my warmest recommandations.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
EnikoBak, Manager at Buddha-Bar Hotel Budapest Klotild Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Brian,

Many thanks for your time to review your recent stay with us in such details! It is a pleasure to hear that your first Buddha-Bar experience was so delightful and glad that you had a chance to explore the hotel from top to toe and really happy that your experience with our services and staff were equally positive.
We very much appreciate your recommendation on the hotel as well as on the restaurant and of course very much looking forward to your next forthcoming stay to take you on another journey around the Buddha-Bar!

Quality Manager